Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Hello all!

I've just consulted the website: www.deckplangenius.com to find out if there are any problems with the 2 cabins that I have booked on Voyager of the Seas.

Thankfully, both have been given a good review!

Just thought I'd share this website with you all who are also wondering about your cabin selections.

Happy cruising! :D

Gae

I've come across this site when googling to research a cabin. Imho it gives generic information, I have got much more useful information from the people who post on this forum.

Conquest.....Cabin 2433 needs to be added.

Not bad...just under more of the kitchen than the dining room.

This adds to the noise level and the smell level.

I was awaken at 11:30PM to the strong odor of french fry grease.

Strong enough to wake me up from a dead sleep....

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in a cabin on Emerald deck above Club Fusion? Do you hear any noise at night?

what side are you on? we had the odd number rooms and heard nothing.

if you have an even number room-- depends on the location..

here is some reading if you have these two cabins

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=818035

Edited by serene56

what side are you on? we had the odd number rooms and heard nothing.

if you have an even number room-- depends on the location..

here is some reading if you have these two cabins

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=818035

Even number on Caribbean Princess 630.

Your link was from another ship

Even number on Caribbean Princess 630.

Your link was from another ship

its the same class ship. 630 is good. its not above the club fusion but a tad over the bathrooms below

the link -although another ship will be identical to your caribean princess

its the same class ship. 630 is good. its not above the club fusion but a tad over the bathrooms below

the link -although another ship will be identical to your caribean princess

OK thanks. So there shouldn't be any noise :)

The link was from the Ruby and passenger had a balcony

Caribbean Princess is by far my favorite ship.

(we have been on 16 cruises and this ship totally wow'ed us from the moment we entered check in

;) after all my research and reading.... i think i have found just the person I need to talk to....Serene. I was wondering if you couldd tell me what number stateroom you would book on the Independence OS. we like jr suite. thank you

brenda:)

We had a lovely cabin, #9001... until the first night. As we rocked through the Mississippi Delta into the Gulf that first night we heard what sounded like a rubber ball bouncing on the floor above us. It would bounce, then the noise would go faster and faster until it stopped. Then as the ship changed attitude, it would bounce again. We talked to the Front Desk and they sent an engineer. He could hear the noise, but couldn't find it's source. NCL was apologetic, no other rooms, etc. But, they did send chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of wine.... and ear plugs!

we would like JS andd its going to be a b2b 8 daays eaastern and 6 days western. its 2/1/2014 and 2/9/2014

thaanks

i cant even see for 2014- (hopefully they wont reposition the ship.)

I would stay on deck 9. (deck 10 is under the pool areas. way too many noisy areas.,

I also would stay towards the aft 9638 or 9338 right on the center of the hump- awesome view in both directionsl. away from public areas-- no noise iissues. right by the elevators so very little traveling

• 2 weeks later...

We learned this lesson on an RCL cruise last winter: in addition to avoiding rooms below the restaurants, be sure to avoid a connecting room as the doors between aren't nearly as sound-proofed as the walls. We were able to hear every word clearly. Now we're careful to avoid connecting rooms.

We learned this lesson on an RCL cruise last winter: in addition to avoiding rooms below the restaurants, be sure to avoid a connecting room as the doors between aren't nearly as sound-proofed as the walls. We were able to hear every word clearly. Now we're careful to avoid connecting rooms.

Can you please tell me which ship this was on? I have read that some ships have a single connecting door (which is when there could potentially be a noise problem) and others have a double door between cabins that both have to be opened for the cabin to connect.

all connecting cabins on any cruise ship will have the potential for noise issues

f you do not need the connecting rooms you want to avoid them.

you can see them on and deck plans --it will be shown as a little arrow between the cabins

i

Can you please tell me which ship this was on? I have read that some ships have a single connecting door (which is when there could potentially be a noise problem) and others have a double door between cabins that both have to be opened for the cabin to connect.

Hi - We were on Allure in room 9520 - a D2 cabin. I'll attempt to attach a photo (I'm new at posting on CC) - having a connecting room in this case meant that there wasn't even a couch - just the single chair. Not a real problem as we loved Allure - just a lesson learned about double checking for connecting rooms.

1961030918_Allure-Room9250.jpg.230219bc190459a5e06aaf0777542e7e.jpg

Hi - We were on Allure in room 9520 - a D2 cabin. I'll attempt to attach a photo (I'm new at posting on CC) - having a connecting room in this case meant that there wasn't even a couch - just the single chair. Not a real problem as we loved Allure - just a lesson learned about double checking for connecting rooms.

Was that an ocean or an inside balcony? Did you like the Allure? I'm kinda intimidated.

Because the ship is so large and I walk badly. I use a scooter but prefer smaller ships.

ahh. I sailed the VOyager and THAT was too large for me. Because of that I could never try the oasis.

Have you considered renting a scooter for the cruise-?

Was that an ocean or an inside balcony? Did you like the Allure? I'm kinda intimidated.

Hi - it was an outside balcony. And don't be intimidated at all. Even tho the ship was big, it was sized appropriately for the number of people. Waits for elevators were the same as on smaller ships (except perhaps immediately after a large event in the Central Park area) but it was never a problem. Once everyone was aboard and the lifeboat drill finished, the ship felt the same as all the other RC ships. We wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again, if they'd use a different itinerary than the western Caribbean one we took.