Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I'm not a gambler but I do love the ambiance, people, food and entertainment. I also like the drive. It either gives me time to listen to my books on tape or have really juicey conversations with my fellow passengers.

This time I'm going with two friends and we're staying at the Wynn.

I only did $20 in the penny slots (and left with just over $40 :D), as I'm not real into gambling either. I'd never try the card games. But the slots are entertaining.

The Wynn should be nice. I didn't visit there, but heard their buffet is the best one in Vegas. And they have a (free) nature conservatory there, too.

Took Ollie to the vet today for his Canadian paperwork. The vet checked him out, lifted up his tail and said "ut oh!" He had a cyst on his rear that was not there in April before the Mexico trip. So, $700+ later, he had surgery this afternoon to remove it. (He needed heart worm and frontline too and 2 other vaccines so that was included in the price). Just what we needed in addition to the home repairs (some planned, some emergency) that we've been doing. But, the international certificate is ready to go and he should be fine before we leave next week.

Yikes! I hope your pooch is doing okay after the surgery ... and that your wallet is doing okay, too! ;) Was it a sebaceous cyst? My dog has one of those on her flank, but it isn't something that needs to be removed. She's had it for years. There is another bump I need to have the vet check out soon, but of course he was on vacation this week and because of that next week is already all booked up. I need to call for the week after that!

I am in desparate need of a cruise.......Life continues to be a roller-coaster ride. Can't seem to get off the train!!

But, the dogs keep me centered and I've had some fun times. Cooler is growing up. Has most if not all of her advanced commands. She likes to help me pull things out of the dryer now, but prefers to hand them to me instead of dropping them in the basket. I've taken a few other dogs out for hospital visitation since Cooler has had so many of these outing experiences. Last week a golden doodle who has spectacular and just loved the attention. He would snuggle on the beds and just sit regally for pats. This week a 14 month old spitfire! She still had so much puppy energy and she is older that Cooler. Still needs some growing up, but, boy did she enjoy a day of animal assisted therapy. Her tail was wagging like crazy and she just wiggled all over with pats. Enjoyed rehab, especially the ball chasing.

Rich's mom is back in the hospital...we are finally finishing up moving and storing her excess furniture from her 2 bedroom independent living apartment. Sadly, my house is looking more like a storage facility.....

Ollie is back to normal and had a good checkup on Thursday. He ended up being home with me every day but Friday because my husband was at an off-site conference. Since he didn't know the area well and Ollie wasn't 100% we let him rest up. He was super excited to go back to work yesterday.

I'm not really sure what it was. I can't remember. She said it had the potential to bleed and was concerned we'd have problems while we were away.

I faxed the paperwork to Disney, they confirmed they received it and sent it to the ship. I have not heard about any issues with it so I assume that everything is OK.

I'm probably a little more than half way packed. We leave Tuesday :)

Susan, Cameron, Werin and I are headed off to Princess in NYC on Wednesday morning for a 9 day NE/Canada. Yeah! To those asking about Canada and what is needed, you need a health certificate, and Rabies Certificate. We have done this multiple times. Princess said we needed the USDA one (needing a trip to Harrisburg), but our vet called the access office to discuss and we are back to the regular cert's. Princess confirmed what we have will be fine. It's always been fine on HAL, so we should be good.

Yall have a nice cruise. Hopefully I will be on mine soon enough.

Sadly that check still has not made it to me. (Venting) Its funny if I owe people I get penalyzed for late payments and receive call all the time from bill collectors; yet parties that owe me can take their sweet time....

I got a cool fathers day present, well actually Blitz did. I have been saving to get a proper Backpack vest for Blitz since his was not up to any real standards being old and falling apart. Well my daughter got me a nice BBQ Grill and Blitz a really sweet Backpack vest. It has two very large pouches and more than enough room for Blitz to carry his own water, food, bowls and plastic bags. Its a darker tan in color and has web mesh and many places to put big ole patches, badges, and other fun things....

OK Im finished I guess no one is awake yet.......

Susan, Cameron, Werin and I are headed off to Princess in NYC on Wednesday morning for a 9 day NE/Canada. Yeah! To those asking about Canada and what is needed, you need a health certificate, and Rabies Certificate. We have done this multiple times. Princess said we needed the USDA one (needing a trip to Harrisburg), but our vet called the access office to discuss and we are back to the regular cert's. Princess confirmed what we have will be fine. It's always been fine on HAL, so we should be good.

Peter, Have a great time!! We will all be thinking of you.

Cindy

Mornin' all:

Peter: Have a fantastic time and be sure and report back!

Roz: I see where Princess has cancelled their port call in Puerta Vallarta for the Nov and 2 Dec cruises. They are being cautious about the violence. I think it said they would be stopping in Cabo and Ensenada only. I know you are like us and the ship can be the destination, but Puerta Vallarta is one of our favorite ports. Cabo is too commercialized for us. But a cruise is a cruise is a cruise!

Yikes! I hope your pooch is doing okay after the surgery ... and that your wallet is doing okay, too! ;) Was it a sebaceous cyst? My dog has one of those on her flank, but it isn't something that needs to be removed. She's had it for years. There is another bump I need to have the vet check out soon, but of course he was on vacation this week and because of that next week is already all booked up. I need to call for the week after that!

These are Lipomo's[sp.] and are usually always benign. Brenda has a golf-ball one on her right flank, and a smaller one on her tummy. They show-up more on lighter colored dogs. She also has "skin-tags" on her elbows. Geeezzz, does she have to be so darn human!

She had her physical today [11 years] and passed with flying colors.

Her eyes/heart/teeth and ears are all good - Thank goodness. And, because she gets Salmon Oil everyday.......the Vet thinks her skin and fur are "gorgeous!" I think the color changes are funny, he says it's totally normal for an eleven year old Black Lab to change colors.

Her International Certificate is different. it comes in a 6 copy duplicate manner and is much formal looking.

She's now set to go cruising. The Vet also said that it is not necessary to request that this form be filled out less than 3 months in advance.

Peter, et.al: Have a wonderful, fantastic voyage. Bon-Voyage! Please come back and tell us all about it.

I got a cool fathers day present, well actually Blitz did. I have been saving to get a proper Backpack vest for Blitz since his was not up to any real standards being old and falling apart. Well my daughter got me a nice BBQ Grill and Blitz a really sweet Backpack vest. It has two very large pouches and more than enough room for Blitz to carry his own water, food, bowls and plastic bags. Its a darker tan in color and has web mesh and many places to put big ole patches, badges, and other fun things....

OK Im finished I guess no one is awake yet.......

Sounds wonderful for Blitz. And, it looks like your Father's Day was a good and that your children appreciate you.

We are very lucky in that our children are gracious and appreciative too!

Morey had a great day too!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Mornin' all:

Peter: Have a fantastic time and be sure and report back!

Roz: I see where Princess has cancelled their port call in Puerta Vallarta for the Nov and 2 Dec cruises. They are being cautious about the violence. I think it said they would be stopping in Cabo and Ensenada only. I know you are like us and the ship can be the destination, but Puerta Vallarta is one of our favorite ports. Cabo is too commercialized for us. But a cruise is a cruise is a cruise!

Nancy, other than cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge and than another time cruising past the Statue of Liberty. I really don't have too many "cruising Bucket List wishes."

As long as I'm on a cruise ship is all I really care about. ;)

Roz, Just want to wish you the best of luck in your interview Friday. Although it's just a formality, I'm sure you will do great!!! I know you will let us know how it went when you get back.

Cindy

I leave on Thursday for Oceanside and, the interview is on Friday. Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

Cindy, you know it's just a "formality" and I know it's just a "formality"......it's just so darn nerve wracking! Team Training and a new baby!!!!! Now, that's really something to look forward to.

Brenda saw the Vet yesterday....I was so curious about her eyes [a lot of people ask me if she has cataracts.] The Vet said her eyes are clear and he sees no problems. That's such a relief.

He gave me a new International Travel Cert. They're different from last year's. They come in copies of 6 [which is great for traveling.] They're more official looking. I don't have to make copies for everyone, they're already done.

My Vet stated that if any foreign port or cruiseline insists that this Certificate be given to them within a time frame of less than 3 months, to have them contact him directly.

Again, thank you, hold me in your thoughts on Friday...............

Love,

Roz

Mornin' all:

Roz: Safe travels and hugs, licks and huggles to you guys.

Nancy, thank you! I'm so excited! Just visiting a CCI campus puts a huge smile on my face. And, getting to work and interview with a 1 year old will be so much fun.

Brenda will be staying at the hotel with Morey....she's going to be so curious when I get back to her and she smells another dog all over me!!!!! :(

I leave on Thursday for Oceanside and, the interview is on Friday. Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

Cindy, you know it's just a "formality" and I know it's just a "formality"......it's just so darn nerve wracking! Team Training and a new baby!!!!! Now, that's really something to look forward to.

Brenda saw the Vet yesterday....I was so curious about her eyes [a lot of people ask me if she has cataracts.] The Vet said her eyes are clear and he sees no problems. That's such a relief.

He gave me a new International Travel Cert. They're different from last year's. They come in copies of 6 [which is great for traveling.] They're more official looking. I don't have to make copies for everyone, they're already done.

My Vet stated that if any foreign port or cruiseline insists that this Certificate be given to them within a time frame of less than 3 months, to have them contact him directly.

Again, thank you, hold me in your thoughts on Friday...............

Love,

Roz

It's gonna be a piece of cake Roz. And just remember, when it comes to Team Training...you CAN teach an old human new tricks! :D

It's gonna be a piece of cake Roz. And just remember, when it comes to Team Training...you CAN teach an old human new tricks! :D

Thank you.......I'm really looking forward to the interview.

That is very funny about the "old human", I sure hope this old human is up to the challenge! ;)