Where is everyone cruising to in 2013?

Bramcruiser

I just booked the Adventure Of The Seas April 21st Transatlantic from San Juan to Southampton. I'll be sailing solo (partner and daughter staying home). Staying a couple nights in SJU before the cruise and at least 8 days in London after. Still deciding if I want to go to Paris again or head to Amsterdam for a couple days before coming back home.

I just booked the Adventure Of The Seas April 21st Transatlantic from San Juan to Southampton. I'll be sailing solo (partner and daughter staying home). Staying a couple nights in SJU before the cruise and at least 8 days in London after. Still deciding if I want to go to Paris again or head to Amsterdam for a couple days before coming back home.

nice trip.. I did that a couple of years ago.. 2010 .. ship was fun and the night club is probably the best afloat.

Avoid San Juan Beach hotel... I had awful trouble there with mould, broken bed and traffic noise all in a hotel that was supposed to have just been refurbished. They offered me $5 to go to SubWay when they ran out of coffee and toast (and everything else) halfway through serving breakfast!

I gave them a list of problems with their hotel and sent a copy to the booking agent. The hotel owners refused to refund anything as I didn't go to their offices and report it in San Juan... ( I was sailing the same day! ) - Eventually I got a full refund from the cruise agents off their own back, but it took 2 weeks to get rid of the rash from the bedsheets and shower curtain. It totally screwed up my holiday.

getting a fair few on Celebrity Silhouette for the Transatlantic on April 14th, Ft Lauderdale to Rome... Some great prices to be had in the US around $650 !!! They don't offer us Brits anywhere near these prices sadly.. :(

John

To get the US prices, you need an American "bedwarmer", who lives in the US, has a US mailing address and with whom you will be travelling and who will handle the booking for you. I have never had any issues booking UK citizen residents on cruises as part of our group at the US prices in the US website. Clearly, you will need to work on this on your Spring T/A to Roma, good Hunting !!!! LOL

BTW, have you looked at the Pied Piper site, it may be possible to book through them and get the US rates

Peter

Edited by Petert102

John

To get the US prices, you need an American "bedwarmer", who lives in the US, has a US mailing address and with whom you will be travelling and who will handle the booking for you. I have never had any issues booking UK citizen residents on cruises as part of our group at the US prices in the US website. Clearly, you will need to work on this on your Spring T/A to Roma, good Hunting !!!! LOL

BTW, have you looked at the Pied Piper site, it may be possible to book through them and get the US rates

Peter

Peter, we spoke when I was choosing my cruise...(I am a friend of Rex Wagonner) and I have recommended Pied Piper to others on Cruise Critic who were comparing prices for the TA in April. Strangely enough my parents were on the TA Eclipse last year where there was a Pied Piper group and they have again booked on the same sailing as PP this spring! I wonder if there is something they are not telling me??

I chose Silhoette as it is a warmer route and sails into Rome rather than sailing north after Bahamas and into Southampton. I am also not keen on Nassau.

A great route for a PP crossing would be via Cadiz, there is a great bear scene there and the weather is always amazing. The local beach is nice too.... Though I do appreciate a lot of US cruisers liek to come to London so Southampton is a good finish for you, but as I live in London, I prefer anywhere else but.

I will certainly continue to check Pied Piper sailing before booking a cruise for the future..... (Greek Islands in late august / september is a good route for EU guys!)

John yes, I remember, you were trying to decide between the Equinox and the Solstice in May 2011 and you choose the former and we were booked on the latter. Anyway, I know it must be frustrating for you to see to lower rates posted for US based travellers. For us the final and start points are unimportant as we usually tack on another venue.

As you can see we are on the Infinity - Harwich to Miami this October, yes Nassau is the end of the world and nothing would induce me to get off the ship, much less spend a single Dollar in that country, the same applies to Jamaica. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a Barcelona Pied Piper crossing for Spring 2014, if they have one we will be on board

Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Hi Everyone!

I'm just as crazy as everyone else. My partner and I celebrate 25 years on Valentine's Day and we booked last year for May 2013. We are doing HAL's Eurodam from Rome to Copenhagen for our first 11 day cruise. We are staying in Copenhagen for an additional 5 days. This is the longest vacation we have ever taken.

On an even better note I just upgrade to PS today b/c it was within what I was willing to splurge on. You only get one 25th anniversary trip!

Happy cruising!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm just as crazy as everyone else. My partner and I celebrate 25 years on Valentine's Day and we booked last year for May 2013. We are doing HAL's Eurodam from Rome to Copenhagen for our first 11 day cruise. We are staying in Copenhagen for an additional 5 days. This is the longest vacation we have ever taken.

On an even better note I just upgrade to PS today b/c it was within what I was willing to splurge on. You only get one 25th anniversary trip!

Happy cruising!!

Congrats and enjoy.

I have always wanted to be on a ship for New Year's Eve so 2013-2014 will be the year. I love a good party so I'm really looking forward to it. Haven't decided which ship or where yet other than from Florida since we will be there for Christmas anyway.

My boyfriend and I had the same idea!! We just booked a NYE cruise for 2013 as well. Celebrity Constellation Dec 28th. So excited for it!

John

Peter

Hi John,

You can also seek out a Canadian because we get the same pricing.

My partner and I just got into cruising last summer, but are hooked. Cruising the east coast in the fall for 14 days and then the Far East for 21 days next year. Still need to book South America and a transatlantic.

My boyfriend and I had the same idea!! We just booked a NYE cruise for 2013 as well. Celebrity Constellation Dec 28th. So excited for it!

I would love to do a Pied Piper if they do a warm route TA or perhaps Greek Islands... problem is they dont include flights which means if there is a problem UK guys are not covered by guarantees... it needs to be bought as a package for ABTA or ATOL bonds to apply... after the Icelandic volcano a few years back (2010) it could be a problem

I would love to do a Pied Piper if they do a warm route TA or perhaps Greek Islands... problem is they dont include flights which means if there is a problem UK guys are not covered by guarantees... it needs to be bought as a package for ABTA or ATOL bonds to apply... after the Icelandic volcano a few years back (2010) it could be a problem

The flights can be booked as part of a Pied Piper package via Celebrity Choice Air once you have your Celebrity booking reference which has great one way air fares, your Credit card is charged to Celebrity Cruise Lines. I do not know if this is covered by your Organizations, but wud think that your Travel Ins would cover this ????

Hope this helps Jon

Peter

Edited by Petert102

The flights can be booked as part of a Pied Piper package via Celebrity Choice Air once you have your Celebrity booking reference which has great one way air fares, your Credit card is charged to Celebrity Cruise Lines. I do not know if this is covered by your Organizations, but wud think that your Travel Ins would cover this ????

Hope this helps Jon

Peter

Never heard of Celebrity Choice Air in UK... They usually sell packages or cruise only and if it is cruise only they dont help with transfers or overnight accom. Will check... Thanks

Never heard of Celebrity Choice Air in UK... They usually sell packages or cruise only and if it is cruise only they dont help with transfers or overnight accom. Will check... Thanks

Celebrity Choice Air costs $ 25.00 per booking, you can also book airport ship transfers with this. You can test airfares without a booking, once Pied Piper has made a reservation and you have the Celebrity Res # you can go ahead with your booking which you pay Celebrity for. After that you get the Airlines Reservation Number and assuming you have not elected to fly BA or Virgin ( who for some reason, best known to themselves, charge for advance seat selection ) , you can go ahead with your seat reservation selection, or emergency exit extra space up-grade. You get the Group Airfare rate with the airline which is considerably less than the Airline's direct booked one way fare. The costs do depend on which airline you select, as they are all universally terrible these days we go with the cheapest and apply the saving to emergency exit seats.

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Celebrity Choice Air costs $ 25.00 per booking, you can also book airport ship transfers with this. You can test airfares without a booking, once Pied Piper has made a reservation and you have the Celebrity Res # you can go ahead with your booking which you pay Celebrity for. After that you get the Airlines Reservation Number and assuming you have not elected to fly BA or Virgin ( who for some reason, best known to themselves, charge for advance seat selection ) , you can go ahead with your seat reservation selection, or emergency exit extra space up-grade. You get the Group Airfare rate with the airline which is considerably less than the Airline's direct booked one way fare. The costs do depend on which airline you select, as they are all universally terrible these days we go with the cheapest and apply the saving to emergency exit seats.

Peter

Just checked my Silhouette cruise dates for Choice Air... Comes up at $4600 each ... Bargain!!

Hi David

My partner and I are taking the Transatlantic from FLL on March 22, 2013. We are looking forward to the 16 night sailing and the Ports of Call and then flying to NY from Rome. We would love to meet some people and make new friends,

Edited by Benjcruiser

So many kids during this time of the year. We went on two Christmas cruises and they were on Costa, which I did not like and the other was Celebrity.

Hi All, We are a gay couple, ages 41 and 28, together 3 years. I've been on a few cruises before. My partner and I just cruised on Carnival Dream, eastern Caribbean in Dec 2012 and had a truly fantastic time! Looking for other gay people (or very gay friendly) who want friends to cruise with. We usually sail from Port Canaveral but would go to other Florida ports. We will probably cruise May, August, or December in 2013. We prefer 7 days or so. We will likely go on Carnival Dream again, western Caribbean. Tenantivley, Disney Dream in Feb 2014 for a wedding. We like a variety of activities, from snorkling to cocktails. We hope to hear from some of you! :)

Oh cool, I've looked at the itineraries for Carnival Paradise. We may do a cruise on that one sometime. I've been on the Imagination, a sister ship, and I liked it a lot. Some friends did the Puerto Rico cruise and really enjoyed it