Need more Carnival Cloud 9 info

I have seen one short thread, but if anyone can point me to more good info on experiences with Cloud 9 abouard Magic or Dream, many thanks.

Thinking of booking one of the Spa Deck rooms for next April on Magic and I have a pretty good idea of what's included, but would also like good info about add ons like couples massage, hot stone, etc.

Can anyone recommend good package deals? What did you find had the best value?

I have read and heard that port days are good days for price and fewer people in the spas, and we'd definitely be interested in this when we hit a port we've been to before. But I've also heard that it's good to book your spa treatments early in the cruise from both a price and appointment availability perspective...

Would love to get some experienced perspective on this. Spa is not our normal thing while cruising, but this will be our honeymoon and we'd like to add that Cloud 9 type of experience.

What has been your best bang for the buck when it comes to shipboard spas?

thanks.

DPR, we've cruise the Dream in Spa cabins 3 times. Primarily we take advantage of the Thalasso pool, steam rooms, showers, etc. DW has used some of the salon treatments like facials and I think BIL/SIL had a couples massage on the first cruise, but unfortunately I can't speak personally. From others reviews and in talking to some cruisers, I think the couples massage gets good hits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We had a spa room on the Dream in September. The spa amenities are awesome. We actually won't cruise without the spa "package" again.

We had a couples massage and it was terrifying. The lady I had was extremely rough and it ended up being very painful. I told her it was too rough and she lightened up a bit but it certainly wasn't enjoyable. My husband had the same experience. After our massage they came back in with a postcard full of items they felt we should purchase. They wanted us to buy products that totaled $200-$300 and it was a high pressure sale. We declined.

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I are booked in a cove balcony on the Dream (and are excited about that), so we plan to get week spa passes as soon as we board. I am not really interested in treatments or massages (overpriced and I want to avoid the hard sale), but plan to spend time in the T-pool, on the loungers, and in the steam/sauna.

I have never spent much time in the spa on a ship, do people generally practice discreet nudity/toplessness like you see in land-based spa? I usually "do as Romans do", but didn't want to be the only one. ;) You know- wear the robe until just until you slip into the pool, or towel only in the steam room. Is that the norm?

We never encountered any nudity (thankfully). Everyone had on swimwear. Shorts for the men and bathing suits for the women. People can walk by the glass windows looking in and down on the thalasso pool so it's not necessarily private. I personally would find it horrifying for a person to get in the "pool" with me if they were nude. The steam room isn't so steamy that you can't see others as well. The rooms are not huge either so in the thalasso pool you'll be within a few feet of others. I think it would pretty awkward for other people who unexpectedly show up to relax. That's just my opinion, but I think many other people will share the same one. Bathing suits are the norm.

DH and I are booked in a cove balcony on the Dream (and are excited about that), so we plan to get week spa passes as soon as we board. I am not really interested in treatments or massages (overpriced and I want to avoid the hard sale), but plan to spend time in the T-pool, on the loungers, and in the steam/sauna.

I have never spent much time in the spa on a ship, do people generally practice discreet nudity/toplessness like you see in land-based spa? I usually "do as Romans do", but didn't want to be the only one. ;) You know- wear the robe until just until you slip into the pool, or towel only in the steam room. Is that the norm?

• 10 months later...

Was on the Dream 3/12 and had a spa pass. I spent ALOT of time in the spa and never saw anyone in the buff. I did see gentlemen in the sauna with a towel around their waist so perhaps they were nude underneath. Its a totally non-private setting which allows teens ( with adults) and I don't think it would be appropriate in this totally coed setting.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'd just like to say that the Cloud 9 Spa on Carnival Magic was absolutely beautiful.

My wife and I were on a cruise on the Carnival Magic in February this year and bought day passes to the spa twice. It was worth every penny, especially since the rest of the ship was so crowded and generally terrible.

The Cloud 9 Spa was the one bright point of that cruise.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm now praying that no one feels the need to not wear swimwear in the spa. We've just booked spa cabins with our 21 yr old mentally impaired daughter, and this would completely freak her out for the duration of the cruise. Please, think of others when making decisions like that.