Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Any solo cruisers traveling on Carnival Splendor June 17th. Price and itinerary look good to me. I like the two at sea days before and after the port days. I am 40 something, like to dance (have taken ballroom and Latin dance lessons) and join in on cruise activities like trivia and battle of the sexes. Would enjoy finding someone to hang out with when traveling solo. Could be fun!

Hi there from Western Canada! I just bookd on the

crystal Serenity, Sept. 19th, Boston to Quebec, #4323. Anyone else on this cruise? I started a roll call for this trip and hope to see some solo's on this trip. I'm enjoying this roll call very much. Sonja

My first solo cruise, I'm a lady in her late 50's and I've been on a few cruises in a family group before, but no-one is available this time. Doing a 3 nighter to test the waters (no pun intended) and see if I could handle a longer solo cruise!

Going solo, and not, lol. I am traveling with several other couples, however, my husband and I are in the process of a divorce so I will be in a cabin alone, the kids are sitting this one out. Hoping not to feel like a third wheel, but I love cruising. I am a 42 year old mother of two and this will be my first vacation without a family member ever.

Going solo, and not, lol. I am traveling with several other couples, however, my husband and I are in the process of a divorce so I will be in a cabin alone, the kids are sitting this one out. Hoping not to feel like a third wheel, but I love cruising. I am a 42 year old mother of two and this will be my first vacation without a family member ever.

Laura, be sure to take LOTS of time to just be by yourself. Trust me, it'll be worth it. You'll be able to recharge your batteries and unwind/destress. Enjoy having the bed and bathroom all to yourself! :D

Maggie

Hi Laura, I went solo last December on a b2b & it was great. I've been divorced for about 12 years now & my son just turned 21. The split was difficult at first, but things work out in the end. Hopefully your divorce is amicable? As tough as it may be remember to let your kids know that you both still love them & that will never change. Gerry

Laura, be sure to take LOTS of time to just be by yourself. Trust me, it'll be worth it. You'll be able to recharge your batteries and unwind/destress. Enjoy having the bed and bathroom all to yourself! :D

Maggie

Hi Laura, I went solo last December on a b2b & it was great. I've been divorced for about 12 years now & my son just turned 21. The split was difficult at first, but things work out in the end. Hopefully your divorce is amicable? As tough as it may be remember to let your kids know that you both still love them & that will never change. Gerry

Thanks for the support and advice. I am very excited!

I just signed up for another b2b solo for later this year. Royal Caribbean Nov 1st transatlantic from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale & then a Holland America 7 day Western Caribbean. I started a website on cruising, but don't think I can post it on here? Gerry

That should be a lot of fun. Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line to go on. The crews are really friendly & want everyone to enjoy themselves. Be sure to go to the main dining room for dinner because they always have something special. The Windjammer is also a great place for breakfast & lunch. Many times the main dining room will have some specials for breakfast, as well, so check the Cruise Compass or ask your waiter at dinner. I usually do the my time dining & once I find a good waiter & asst. waiter I ask to always be seated in their section. Meeting other people is pretty easy as a solo & I've made a lot of friends that way & we keep in touch through e-mail. Okay, so I've rambled on, but I get excited when I hear about someone going on a cruise; solo or not. Have a great time! Gerry

:)Hi everyone. I am looking to find some solo cruising buddies myself. I love cruising and want to get back into the groove of it all. I am 30years old this month and really enjoy life and meeting new people. If any of you are like me and want to travel and see the world, I would love to connect and maybe we could become cruising buddies someday. Happy cruising to everyone.!!

BTW- I am trying to plan a summer cruise to the Caribbean and another one to western Caribbean next March. I can do as many as God will let me in between time as well. :)

You might like to view my profile where you'll find a link to my blog board. There are always people looking to travel on the same cruises with other solo/single cruisers. There are Tips & Tricks as well as examples of budget cruise costs too.

NO, I dont sell travel or anything. Cruising is just a great love and finding good cruise deals is a favorite pasttime. I also love organizing extra activities on cruises I go on ....like Cabin Crawls, MeetnGreets and Slot Pulls for example.

I am leaving in a few days to go on a 5-night Carnival cruise out of Jacksonville. Cant wait. Carnival Cruiselines is the best for singles socializing IMO... and not just for the younger crowd either.

Edited by scubagirl43
addition

That should be a lot of fun. Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line to go on. The crews are really friendly & want everyone to enjoy themselves. Be sure to go to the main dining room for dinner because they always have something special... Gerry

Thanks Gerry. I heard that the buffets on cruise ships usually always have whatever they serve in the main dining rooms; that was the case on Princess (that cruise was some time ago). The specialty restaurants are a different story, however.:)

I just returned from an 11-night solo cruise on the Carnival Sunshine repositioning from New Orleans to Port Canaveral. This was my first cruise without family or friends, and it was as enjoyable — and in some cases, more so — than my previous cruises. I was seated at a table for dinner with other solo passengers and made some great friends. I never felt lonely, although I did take some "alone" time to refresh and recharge from time to time throughout the cruise. All in all, a great experience. I completely anticipate another solo cruise in my future.

I hoped to go sooner, but unfortunately wasn't able to. I decided to go October 10, 2015 on NCL Gem 10 day Southern Caribbean. This will give me more time to pay and save up spending money. I've only been on one cruise before, Carnival Splendor 8 day Southern Caribbean, and that was with a large group. I'm looking forward to doing what I want, when I want. I'll be officially booking sometime next month when my shares check from work comes in. I can't wait!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Took advantage of Carnivals no supplement for solos. this will be my first solo on a cruise ship (I did do a 7 day catamaran trip solo back in October). I am excited.

Any one else traveling solo on the Freedom?

Mel, I'm traveling solo on the Freedom's May 10th cruise. Counting down the days!!

Maggie

Mel, I'm traveling solo on the Freedom's May 10th cruise. Counting down the days!!

Maggie

Have fun..I don't hit it until June 1. Since I just booked, that will give me a little time to figure out what to do in all the ports (I kid myself, I know I will be snorkeling every chance I can get ;) )