MSC Drink Vouchers Explained

jimmymed3

Hey Everyone,

Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.

We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!

You can watch our new YouTube video explaining the system.

Hope this clears things up! If you have any questions, please ask!

Hey Everyone,

Before we went on the Divina, we were kind of confused about the drink voucher program and how it worked. Basically, they give you a little coupon book of the 18 vouchers and you give one to the bartender every time you want a drink. 90% of the drinks are under $8 (the vouchers are for an $8 dollar value). It does NOT include the special drinks that include the take home souvenir glass, even though they were under the 8 dollar mark.

We saved quite a bit of money and recommend doing this. We found out from one of the waitresses that we can in fact use our unused vouchers on our next cruise!

Awesome Possum! You are the best!

Sorry, Bummed we didn't take pics of the bar or dining room menus. I do remember seeing them on the forums here. One thing of note, they do have a couple different cocktails with stuff we don't see in the USA. I know ive seen it before but they had a drink with Aperol in it. It wasn't for me.

Cocktails and spirits with mixers up to $8, wine by the glass up to $7-50 and beer up to $5-50. Anything with a red asterisk in the bar menu is off limits. We're you able to get premium beers with a voucher? As they are less than $8 but more than $5-50.

Hi! I honestly don't remember if we could because I had mixed drinks the whole*time. I did,*however, get a Heineken one night at the buffet and was able*to use a drink voucher. Does that count as premium? I would think it would be. They also had Peroni on tap. I was trying to get more bank for my buck or I would have had a few more beers.

Edited by jimmymed3

I don't think any draft was off limits, I only had 2 beers, a draft Heineken and a bottled peroni, my wife had an angry orchard cider. All were covered by the voucher, from memory I think 80% of the bottled beers were covered. I'm sure Guinness wasn't covered, and I'm pretty sure Newky brown wasn't either. There were only 4 or 5 beers off limits.

Ya, I thought it was pretty cool.

Although, if you want a not so secret tip. Pick a bar you like and go to that one for drinks. Give them a little extra the first time, like $5 cash, and they will pay attention to you that much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for the info.

We were given about 50 vouchers :eek: left from a friend who was on the Divina in december 2016!!! Can't wait to see if they will take them. Did you or someone you know tried to use old vouchers?

I will keep you posted.

We leave april 1st, for B2B cruises.

Marie :)

Whoa! What a gift! We had some vouchers left over that we were going to gift to a friend that was traveling a month later, but forgot. I actually asked a bartender if we could gift them and he said yes. However, they do ask for your room key each time you get a drink. I'm not sure if they do anything with that info or not. I mean, if we can use them again, they can see that we didn't pay for the vouchers on that particular cruise. I've read on here that it worked for other cruisers but really wanted to try it myself. Please let us know if it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Everyone,

Just bought mine for my April 29th cruise. Ship looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had vouchers on a recent cruise. At the time of purchasing them, the voucher numbers were noted and assigned to my cruisecard. They were very particular about checking the numbers and told me that it ensures that if someone steals/finds them they can't use them. It was on a South African cruise where they don't offer all-inclusive packages.

Thank you so much for the info.

We were given about 50 vouchers :eek:left from a friend who was on the Divina in december 2016!!! Can't wait to see if they will take them. Did you or someone you know tried to use old vouchers?

I will keep you posted.

We leave april 1st, for B2B cruises.

Marie :)

Marie we are on same sailing. Come join the roll call page for 4/1:)

I am traveling with kids, so is it possible to get (4) $2 gelatos using (1) $8 voucher, or do I have to use 4 separate vouchers?
It was stated in the You Tube video that is mentioned earlier in the thread that it's one voucher per gelato and since the gelato is only 2.00, you're essentially paying 5.00 for a 2.00 item.

It was stated in the You Tube video that is mentioned earlier in the thread that it's one voucher per gelato and since the gelato is only 2.00, you're essentially paying 5.00 for a 2.00 item.

It mentioned the purchase in (1) gelato, but I was interested in buying multiple. I wasn't sure if they would allow me to max out the entire voucher. Thanks for your response.