Does Carnival do anything special if it's your anniversary?

taliacamp

My husband and I are cruising with my sister and her husband on November 14th. Both of our anniversaries are a few weeks prior so we will be celebrating (me 11 years...her 1 year:)) I think I noticed on the form that we have to fill out online that it asked if you are celebrating anything. I could be wrong, as I haven't filled it out yet, just peeked at it....Just wondering, does Carnival do anything special if they know you are celebrating a special event? Not that it matters if they don't because the cruise itself will be fantastic I'm sure....

We sailed on the Victory in March over our anniversary, and did note it as such when filling out our on-line form (don't recall exactly, but believe it might have been for the fun-pass). Anyway, nothing special was done for us, and to this day, I'm not certain why they even ask. We're not disappointed, though. As you noted in your post, the cruise was more than enough, and I did make sure to have a very nice bottle of wine for dinner that evening. If you want to do something special, there are all sorts of things you can purchase from the Bon Voyage store on line.

Hello,

Carnival has a Bon Voyage department. Call their Bon Voyage department and purchase anything you like.....room decorations, cakes, wine, fruit, flowers and it will be in your cabing when you arrive. Of course you will have to pay for it.......

Hello,

Carnival has a Bon Voyage department. Call their Bon Voyage department and purchase anything you like.....room decorations, cakes, wine, fruit, flowers and it will be in your cabing when you arrive. Of course you will have to pay for it.......

Or you can pick what day you want it set up..

They used to keep note and bring out a small cake and sing HBD or HANNY and that's the left over form, but now they expect you to make your own arrangements through Bon Voyage.

They do still sing sometimes........

For money, you can get anything.

Gone are the days when they actually made you feel special for free....

Of course, it wasn't much, but it was something....

we still crack up when we think of one of our earlier Carnival cruises...... it was the Tropicale out of San Juan 21 years ago, our 15 year anniversary.

A cake was brought to us, and a group of waiters sang "Happy Occasion to you!".....

apparently they used the same song for whatever you were celebrating.... :D

My anniversary falls during a November cruise also. I looked at the Bon Voyage items and decided to bring my own decorations, etc (maybe a cute pirate costume or something) :D. I might still buy the chocolate dipped strawberries...

Happy Cruising and Happy Anniversary

Gone are the days when they actually made you feel special for free....

Of course, it wasn't much, but it was something....

we still crack up when we think of one of our earlier Carnival cruises...... it was the Tropicale out of San Juan 21 years ago, our 15 year anniversary.

A cake was brought to us, and a group of waiters sang "Happy Occasion to you!".....

apparently they used the same song for whatever you were celebrating.... :D

Did you flike the fact of all the different accents or dialects when they sang it to you?

Did you flike the fact of all the different accents or dialects when they sang it to you?

oh cripes....YES!!

came out like "Hoppy Okashun to yooooo"

i see you experienced this, as well.... good times...:D

On the Disney Wonder we just told the waitress the night of the Anniv and they sang and brought a cake. The same thing on the Carnival Freddom the next yr and the NCL this yr. Seems we cruise with my parents every yr on their anniv. Last yr on the Alaskan cruise on Celeb we had a couple at our table celebrating an anniv and we told the waiter and thye sang and brought a cake. No charge, just a nice gesture and surprise!

oh cripes....YES!!

came out like "Hoppy Okashun to yooooo"

i see you experienced this, as well.... good times...:D

Well, yes i have experienced this however our group found a little humor in it that they sounded like Elmer Fudd in a way singing....and how they pronounced the words...like you stated...not a bad thing, just kinda funny....lol...

DH and I just sailed to Alaska on 7-20/7-27 and we were on our honeymoon. One morning I called in to speak with our cruise director who was doing a morning show on one of the sea days. They basically went over the Fun Times then asked a question where you could call live from your stateroom and answer for a prize. No one was calling so I did... we got to talking and he asked why we were on the cruise... I said that it was for our honeymoon. On our last night, we went to the MDR for dinner and AFTER they already brought out our dessert, they brought us out a piece of apple pie with a candle in it, made us sit by each other and sang to us while we had to kiss the entire time. They said they knew it was our honeymoon for a few days but they had been waiting for us to come into the MDR. We did mainly eat on Lido. Anyway, the only person we mentioned ANYTHING to was our cruise director so it HAD to be him. It was kind of dumb because we already had gotten our dessert and then we just had a piece of apple pie lol... a bottle of champagne or something would've been more useful, but it was very sweet and unexpected!

The way of the world now!

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise! We celebrated our 10 year - and our families had gotten ahold of our reservation number and surprised us with all types of goodies throughout the week.

for our honeymoon last october on conquest our wait staff sang happy honeymoon and brought out a cake, that we did not purchase. Perhaps if you have assigned dining times they will do this vs. anytime. just guessing. we'll see what happens when we hit the triumph for our first anniversary this year.

On our HM cruise last year they sang to us and brought out a piece of cake with a candle and we had to kiss the whole time. DH also surprised me with a cake one night from the Celebrations store (best cake ever next to our wedding cake, btw) and they sang for us again!

We're going on one for our anniversary and since the actual date is the day we disembark, I put that we are celebrating the day before. We'll see what happens then!

My husband and I are cruising with my sister and her husband on November 14th. Both of our anniversaries are a few weeks prior so we will be celebrating (me 11 years...her 1 year:)) I think I noticed on the form that we have to fill out online that it asked if you are celebrating anything. I could be wrong, as I haven't filled it out yet, just peeked at it....Just wondering, does Carnival do anything special if they know you are celebrating a special event? Not that it matters if they don't because the cruise itself will be fantastic I'm sure....

You can have flowers in your room if your hubby gets them for you, (this is something my hubby has done since our first cruise in 1976 when we were on our honeymoon) You can also have an anniversary cake delivered to your table at dinner...and they might sing to you, they did for our son after they got married on the beach this summer, they even sang happy anniversary and the next day it was happy 2nd day anniversary...do they give you freebies...no lol Have fun!!

• 6 years later...