Single men, on which ship and when are you going?

Mahalia40

I know this is last minute and I apologize if I'm posting at the wrong place (I also can't believe I'm doing this, but I love my mom) so here goes. I am cruising with my mother on Dec. 3, 2012 on RCCL Monarch of the Seas. My mother (77) has been widowed for 14 months after 59 years of marriage. Are there any single kind mature gentlemen going on this cruise that might like to just talk, dance, play cards, have dinner, etc. with her? Or maybe another lonely widow who would just like to share like conversation and perhaps make a new friend. This is all new to her (and to me). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also taking her with me on 2/13/13 on the Carnival Ecstasy.

Edited by cruiserx2
wrong title

I know this is last minute and I apologize if I'm posting at the wrong place (I also can't believe I'm doing this, but I love my mom) so here goes. I am cruising with my mother on Dec. 3, 2012 on RCCL Monarch of the Seas. My mother (77) has been widowed for 14 months after 59 years of marriage. Are there any single kind mature gentlemen going on this cruise that might like to just talk, dance, play cards, have dinner, etc. with her? Or maybe another lonely widow who would just like to share like conversation and perhaps make a new friend. This is all new to her (and to me). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also taking her with me on 2/13/13 on the Carnival Ecstasy.

Maybe post on that sailings roll call?

Or, try this : Cruisemates

• 5 weeks later...
any single ladies traveling on this cruise?

Hi there.. My friend and i are both single ladies going on the carnival breeze.. Same time as you i think! Sharing a cabin as we always do. Sailed solo and single once but then share since then. Started in the Epic in a studio cabin and it was fantastic last year. Also got a studio n the breakaway booked for bermuda next september! Anyway mr marioc happy 40th and see you soon!

I singled on the Ruby Princess in Nov 2012 I loved it. I have singled on many cruises. Had no problem with any ship I sailed on.

Big Red Boat- (3 girls) 1993

American Hawaian Cruises (3 girls)1994

Celebrity (5 girls) 1995

Celebrity single 1996

Nordic Empress (4 girls) 1996

Celbrity 2003 & 2004 was married then

Majesty Of the Sea single 2010 2 times

Majesty of the Sea single 2011 2 times

Radiance of the Sea single 2011

Majesty of the Sea single 2012

Bahamas Celebration (3 girls) 2011

Princess Rudy single 2012

Bahamas Celebrations was the worst ship I have gone on. I would only

go back because of the price. But like they say. You get what you

pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
From the looks of this thread' date=' I really need to start spending more time in the piano bar and at karaoke! :D[/quote']

Aside from roll call meet and greets, I've gotten to know more people at karaoke and the piano bar than anywhere else on any cruise. (Dance clubs can work too but only if they mostly aren't crowded, or if you get out on the floor every single night and try to dance with everyone -- but I don't usually do that...) The vast majority of those people aren't singles, mind you, but they become your friends for the week. :D

Aside from roll call meet and greets, I've gotten to know more people at karaoke and the piano bar than anywhere else on any cruise. (Dance clubs can work too but only if they mostly aren't crowded, or if you get out on the floor every single night and try to dance with everyone -- but I don't usually do that...) The vast majority of those people aren't singles, mind you, but they become your friends for the week. :D

Thanks, zgwortz! From now on, I'll be checking these places out when I want to inconspicuously look for some hopefully single guys! LOL. Now if only I had known this a dozen cruises ago, I would have been one very happy girl (well, maybe, hah)! Like you though, don't think I'm going to hit the dance club with the intent of having a personal meet and greet with every single guy there, haha. Not unless I redo my bucket list one day :rolleyes:

From the looks of this thread' date=' I really need to start spending more time in the piano bar and at karaoke! :D[/quote']

I am a 55 SWM going on his 7th cruise on Jan. 4th on Carnival Splendor from NYC. I enjoy the Piano Bar but Karaoke would not win me any new friends the way I sing!!! LOL. I like the "adult" dance club (not the "disco") and I wish that the cruise lines would organize some kind of Singles Dance the first or second night to help us meet who's on board and get the ball rolling.

Edited by CruiseNut2468

• 2 weeks later...

Me and seven of my buddies will be cruising on the Carnival Sensation May 2-5, 2013.

We're all late 20's to Early 30's. Always having a good time!!!

Edited by Dmfr