Review of Carnival Dream Aft balcony #6492 or 6479

Seagrimms

We are planning a family cruise Nov 19, 2011 and we are looking at aft balconies upper deck 6492 or 6479. They seem a little larger than the other corner balconies and we would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in either of these balconies and the good, bad and ugly if any about them.

Thanks,

Seagrimms

• 6 months later...
We are planning a family cruise Nov 19, 2011 and we are looking at aft balconies upper deck 6492 or 6479. They seem a little larger than the other corner balconies and we would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in either of these balconies and the good, bad and ugly if any about them.

Thanks,

Seagrimms

Hi ... We're booked in 6492 for next May 2012. Picked that one as it was port side. Would love to hear which one you booked and what you thought of it after your cruise. Have a wonderful time.

Was just in 6492 a month ago. Amazing cabin and deck. Check out my review: Our Amazing Dream Cruise: A photo and trivia review! I went into great detail about the cabin and deck with photos.

• 1 month later...
I was on my phone when I replied before, so I couldn't give you a link to my review. Here's the link now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434288

The review of cabin #6492 starts at about post #26 of the thread

I went to #26 and then had to start at the beginning! Wonderful review. So excited about the cruise and especially our first wrap aft. Thank you for posting this.

• 2 years later...

I see I am a little late in responding to this post but I have a question. I would like to book cabin 6492 on the Dream (a wrap around balcony) and my friend would like to book cabin 6494 which is the aft view extended balcony next to it. Does anyone know if the partition in between the two balconies can be opened? A carnival rep told me no but according to pictures I found online it looks like I see a door between the two. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

I see I am a little late in responding to this post but I have a question. I would like to book cabin 6492 on the Dream (a wrap around balcony) and my friend would like to book cabin 6494 which is the aft view extended balcony next to it. Does anyone know if the partition in between the two balconies can be opened? A carnival rep told me no but according to pictures I found online it looks like I see a door between the two. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

First of all, congrats on your first post at CC. I am not sure if they can be opened. It certainly would make a large balcony. I will cehck my pics when I get home and see if it is feasible (or if I can tell from the pic). Then, whether they will do it is another story. I have heard different versions from room stewards on the availablity/chance to get these types of things done.

Per the GoCCL website they do not connect. It shows 6492 connecting to no cabins at all and 6494 connecting to 6496. I have the aft extended booked next to the port side aft wrap on deck 9 and there is a solid steel wall there between the 2 cabins. There is also a warning on the Cruisedeckplans site that the aft cabins on deck 6 will get quite a bit of noise late at night from the lounge below them. Unless you are night owls you might want to go up a deck.

Per the GoCCL website they do not connect. It shows 6492 connecting to no cabins at all and 6494 connecting to 6496. I have the aft extended booked next to the port side aft wrap on deck 9 and there is a solid steel wall there between the 2 cabins. There is also a warning on the Cruisedeckplans site that the aft cabins on deck 6 will get quite a bit of noise late at night from the lounge below them. Unless you are night owls you might want to go up a deck.

You are correct, they won't open. My aunt and uncle just had 6496, and we had 6498, there was the steel wall between us. The partition opened on their other side, which would be 6494. If you can book a room one floor up it would be better, as we heard noise from the Burgandy Lounge below us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm glad someone saw this and replied, thanks. I'm still confused because of pictures and reviews I found on cruise critic. The best review and pictures so far are from EMc&DrS http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434288 His pictures on page 9 go against everything Carnival seems to say. I may have to try to message him directly or go ride to the carnival port with some binoculars *lol

Edited by dustabor