am i the only one who does not like

phyzz

My wife had it every night on our Destiny cruise(5/27-5/31). She said it was great every time she had it, no complaints. I on the other hand decide I'll try the Bitter an Blanc that a lot of people talk about and IMO, it was one of the WORST deserts I have ever ate, ANY PLACE! It's nothing more than dry Bread pudding with a little(and I do mean little) dark and white pudding poured on it. It was very, very bad.

carnival's Warm Melting Choc. cake ??? :eek:

I thought it was disgusting ! gritty and gooey .

Never had it and don't want it. I don't like chocolate but will struggle through it if piled high with nuts.

I am with I do not like it at all! DH likes it occasionally with ice cream mixed in it to cut the richness. We are BIG fans of the Grand Marnier Soufle. We each had two the night we had it which was only one night. Other wise it was the spa desserts or cheese plate for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just off the Liberty and ordered the WCMC the 1st night in the MDR. It was very runny, noy good at all. Then had ut again at the Chef's Table and it was perfectly cooked!

Like posted earlier, there's no consistency. But I've had it undercooked more often than overcooked.

Edited by ferretface

My husband ordered this the first day of our cruise and raved about it. I ordered it the next day and it was a completely cooked (maybe even overcooked) cake- no melting to it at all. The chocolate was too bitter for me, so I only ate two bites.

A few days later there was no other dessert I wanted, so I tried it again. It was a little meltier, but it was too rich for me, so not my favorite. My husband had a bite and said it wasn't nearly as good as the one he had the first day.

They must make so many that they are hit or miss. Mine have been miss for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm not a fan of chocolate but every night I seen so many people having it . So I decided to try it. I was surprise that I enjoyed it. I couldn't finish it cause the chocolate was to overwhelming for me. Glad I tried it at least once. :D

• 1 month later...

The timing and oven temperature for that sort of dessert is critical.

One minute too long and it's no longer gooey in the middle, one minute too little and it's still too raw.

Ditto oven temperature - too cool, or too many servings put in the oven at one time, will result in undercooked cake. Too hot and you lose the gooey middle.

Unfortunately, unless it's perfect it's just another boring chocolate dessert.

carnival's Warm Melting Choc. cake ??? :eek:

I'm a Type II diabetic so just don't eat desserts very often at all. Because I'd heard so much about the warm melting chocolate cake on Carnival, I got my DH to order it so I could have a bite. One bite was all I took or wanted. DH didn't like it either. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

I loved it and ordered it almost every night. I got the entire table hooked on the as well. However I did notice discrepancies in each night, sometimes drier and sometimes wetter. Sometimes 1 scoop of ice cream and others 2. It really needs 2 scoops to balance out the sweetness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk