Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Wow such a snotty comment from my BFF. :D

Oh! And making fun of me for the past 5 years is okay in your book? Me asking if you've done any ironing is "snotty!" Oh! Wait! Ironing is a lousy job......Sorry! Sis! Far be it for me to expect you to do anything beneath you!!!!!! :p Why don't you see if you can have your laundry shipped to CA, I'll be happy to beat it on a rock and stand over a hot steam press, in a sweat shop for hours on end to keep you happy!!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Yes, I had so much fun. I wouldn't let anyone interrupt me, at work so I could watch the people walking on the ship and the little, tiny boats floating by and then I watched workers moving something on a pier and then I tried to follow someone walking from the middle of a ship to the front.......I think I was watching the cam, if not I was on some kind of secret mission and the only thing I couldn't do was watch anyone through any windows. :p

Isn't it SOOO much fun! :D I try to plan my weekends around sailaways if at all possible. ;) :D

Oh! And making fun of me for the past 5 years is okay in your book? Me asking if you've done any ironing is "snotty!" Oh! Wait! Ironing is a lousy job......Sorry! Sis! Far be it for me to expect you to do anything beneath you!!!!!! :p Why don't you see if you can have your laundry shipped to CA, I'll be happy to beat it on a rock and stand over a hot steam press, in a sweat shop for hours on end to keep you happy!!!!!!

Omg to funny!!!!!

Yes, I had so much fun. I wouldn't let anyone interrupt me, at work so I could watch the people walking on the ship and the little, tiny boats floating by and then I watched workers moving something on a pier and then I tried to follow someone walking from the middle of a ship to the front.......I think I was watching the cam, if not I was on some kind of secret mission and the only thing I couldn't do was watch anyone through any windows. :p

Wait til you see it when the ships go out.

So wait...I can send Roz my ironing? That may be better than belly rubs. :D

Dave here for Barb (Valentines Mom)

I wanted to let you good folks know that Barb is having surgery today. She has a mass on her kidney that has a 60% chance to be cancerous. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Dave

So sorry to hear Dave. Please give Barb our best and let her know we are praying for the best.

Cindy

Good Lawd, Princess Rozilla the Dowager whatever and Princess Pony Pants are on a roll! Now Ms. Pony Pants can make fun of me, because I got a new phone and am trying to figure it out! I took some pictures, but have to wait for Prince Hubby Pants to put our code in to get the WIFI signal and then look out, I will be sending you Jezzy Lou and Leann Emily updates!

I love the horn blowing, thats why I watch. But last weekend the sound wasn't working. :mad:

However, Ms. Princess Pony Pants, I HAVE THE SHIPS HORN AS MY RINGTONE!!!!!! I love it. Hubby said "Isn't that going to embarass you?" What, Me? Oh heck no! I love that sound.

Good Lawd, Princess Rozilla the Dowager whatever and Princess Pony Pants are on a roll! Now Ms. Pony Pants can make fun of me, because I got a new phone and am trying to figure it out! I took some pictures, but have to wait for Prince Hubby Pants to put our code in to get the WIFI signal and then look out, I will be sending you Jezzy Lou and Leann Emily updates!

However, Ms. Princess Pony Pants, I HAVE THE SHIPS HORN AS MY RINGTONE!!!!!! I love it. Hubby said "Isn't that going to embarass you?" What, Me? Oh heck no! I love that sound.

Can't wait to see pics of the kids!!! :D

I would love to have the horns as my ringtone! But I don't think that is available for my crappy phone.:(

I wanted to let you good folks know that Barb is having surgery today. She has a mass on her kidney that has a 60% chance to be cancerous. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Dave

Dave - sending Barb healing thoughts and prayers from Scotland. Let us know how she is please. :)

If I had time I would send mine out to CA for her to iron!

Think she would FedEx it back????? ;)

Dowager Roz - we have a story here that Council workers don't look out the window in the morning otherwise they would have nothing to do in the afternoon!! LOL! Maybe they could now watch the ships webcams???? LOL!

Winter has arrived here with a vengeance this week with lots of snow - but the dogs love love love it! Even the boy dog who is not very fond of ANY exercise apart from his walks - just like his Mum! :p - was running around and rolling in the white stuff. Makes them go loopy!

Thanks Dave

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Barbara. I think of her and Valentine all the time. Please tell her that I'm sending my very best wishes for a speedy and good recovery.

I pray that whatever it is that she will be strong and know that there are lots of folks who miss and love her. I will continue to pray for her.

Please give her a big hug and kiss from her California friends, Roz, Brenda & Horton. :)

NEW PHONE!!!!! Them's fighting words!!!! I just started "texting" my kids and they all make fun of me! It takes me forever and after doing it I forget to send it or I send it over and over and over again.

You all know how deficient I am in posting pictures......you ought to see me on my phone!

I'd rather get an IPad than an IPhone [i think].....Oh! I don't know! And, if you think I'm bad.....Mr. Morey is even worse!!!!! He wants to get the computer that talks to you and you talk back......Hah! I say! What for? He's got me!!!!!!!

Think she would FedEx it back????? ;)

Dowager Roz - we have a story here that Council workers don't look out the window in the morning otherwise they would have nothing to do in the afternoon!! LOL! Maybe they could now watch the ships webcams???? LOL!

Winter has arrived here with a vengeance this week with lots of snow - but the dogs love love love it! Even the boy dog who is not very fond of ANY exercise apart from his walks - just like his Mum! :p - was running around and rolling in the white stuff. Makes them go loopy!

Sure, send me your clothes. I'll take it to "Fluff and Fold" it's what I do with mine!

Your workers there must be related to our workers here in California. They get paid lots but I have no idea what they do and either do they! :rolleyes:

We don't see much snow where I live but I'm sure if Horton saw it he'd be a "wild man!" A patch of grass makes him spin in circles, I can't imagine what he'd do in snow. I'm sure whatever he did he'd have us all cracking-up!

Well ironing is done no thanks to you know who. I just finished and my back is killing me! Last thing was Wexlers tux. I have him mostly packed, just leashes,collars and his brush left. Leashes and collars I will wash when I give him a bath Friday.

I've got the whole livingroom covered with clothes! I'm going to start packing as soon as I get off the phone with ship services. I can see that they haven't a clue about the potty box. Oh they just told me everything was all set :rolleyes: Maybe someone will believe that but not me. Last cruise on HAL they told us they had no idea the dog was coming :confused: Really??? Not even after the 15 forms we filled out??? I'm taking bets that the box with grass is not there when we get on. Just once it would be nice if poor John is not in a frenzy as soon as we board. Last time they had to build the box in a hurry and put sawdust in it. Sawdust??? Comeon. It blew all over the place and there was flying pee everywhere. Great idea!! Then we got to some island and they made some guy that wanted a ride go cut grass off a hillside somewhere or he couldn't get the ride. :eek:

Back to packing.

Well ironing is done no thanks to you know who. I just finished and my back is killing me! Last thing was Wexlers tux. I have him mostly packed, just leashes,collars and his brush left. Leashes and collars I will wash when I give him a bath Friday.

I've got the whole livingroom covered with clothes! I'm going to start packing as soon as I get off the phone with ship services. I can see that they haven't a clue about the potty box. Oh they just told me everything was all set :rolleyes: Maybe someone will believe that but not me. Last cruise on HAL they told us they had no idea the dog was coming :confused: Really??? Not even after the 15 forms we filled out??? I'm taking bets that the box with grass is not there when we get on. Just once it would be nice if poor John is not in a frenzy as soon as we board. Last time they had to build the box in a hurry and put sawdust in it. Sawdust??? Comeon. It blew all over the place and there was flying pee everywhere. Great idea!! Then we got to some island and they made some guy that wanted a ride go cut grass off a hillside somewhere or he couldn't get the ride. :eek:

Back to packing.

Oh! No! About the pottybox ["Sawdust"? It's a dog not a guinea pig]......what a nightmare! We all know how easy it is to build the box in their woodshop....They need to go pick up some mulch [before the cruise], while the ship is in port [send someone to a nursery] and be ready for us when we board!!!!! Get a roll of painters plastic [the kind they lay down on the rug before they paint], cut it into 6x5 squares and lay them down, on top of each other in the box [one sheet per one week of cruise.] Fill the box with lots of mulch and after one week, pick-up the mulch by gathering all the corners, twist and toss.

What is so hard about that? If it's only a one week cruise, only lay down one plastic liner. They can store the box against a wall [in the woodworking area] until the next dog boards.

Copy and paste the above and fax it to the "Special Needs" or "Special Access" Dept. of your cruiseline.

It's what I did with Princess years ago and I've NEVER had a problem with them since.

Of course, I call Allison Muff [Princess "Special Needs"] 3 days before I board and I remind her to talk to the Hotel Manager and make sure all is set BEFORE I get on the ship so that my dog can go potty minutes after I find my cabin.

Cindy, I know you know all of the above......it's really for folks who are reading this and are unfamiliar with what to do, who to ask, etc., etc.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Pacific?? Oh yea...that's that ocean on the "other" coast. :rolleyes:

Correct, the one that doesn't have hurricanes! Of course, we have been known to have tsunami-like waves....so, I'll just shut my mouth for now!!!! And, you don't want to be around the Pacific when we "shake & bake!"

So, you keep your "stuff" on that side of the Mason/Dixon and we'll keep ours!!!!