Durham Wedding Review - Carnival Magic 9.2.12 - Preamble

WDrake_98

Reception.

Our bridal party entered the reception in the same other that they entered the ceremony. The reception was held in the vibe disco. I really loved the location as the colors matched my wedding colors very well.

We entered the reception area, and my planner (and assistants) had set it up beautifully. My bridal portrait (18x30) was on the guest book table, along with the wedding wand favors I made. The portrait was supposeeeee to be on a easel, but not sure what happened, as it was leaned against a gift from a guest. I also had a treasure chest card box (even though I didn't get any cards in the box...bummer).

The actual guess book was in the back of the disco, near the bar. This is where they re setup the backdrop photo booth. This time it was shorter and they pulled out the silly props we got for guest to take funny pictures. It turned out awesome! I have some really funny, nice pictures of most of my guests.

We were properly introduced and immediately started our first dance. It was nice, but kind long. I was really to party and have a good time. Kinda weird dancing to a slow song and having everyone just watch ya.

After the dance, we got on the mic and thanked everyone for coming. Then, my maid of honor, matron of honor, and Josh's bestman and father all gave a quick toast.

The Cake...

I had 84 guest rsvp (includes ourselves). With that number, we were able to get a 4 tier cake. I really wanted a 4 tier cake too lol. Anyway, Josh also requested a grooms cake in the shape of a baseball jersey. Carnival accepted the layout we sent and did the cake for an extra 150.

I requested no pipping or any decor on my cake, as I would be bringing a ribbon and a cake topper. Well they still put pipping. ALL over the cake. So much pipping that they could only put my bling ribbon on 2 of the 4 tiers. So from the bottom, it was ribbon, icing, ribbon, icing and the cake topper.

The spikes for my cake topper were also too long, so about 1/2 of an inch of the spikes were visible after the topper was inserted. While I really, really, did NOT like the pipping AT ALL...the cake was still amazing. The grooms cake came out very very nice. In looking back at the pictures, it was almost a perfect match. I wish I had sent them a picture of what I wanted the wedding cake to look like, but I didn't. I thought saying no pipping would have been clear enough.

We had enough cake for 200 people, even though we only had about 60 show up. To give people time to try the different flavors, we decided to cut the cake as soon as possible. So after the dance and the toasts, we went to the cake cutting. Here the cake security is a def com 5. There was someone next to the cake at all times. When we started to cut the cake, the guy was like he would cut it. I was like no, we got it. Colton (the photographer) gave us instructions on the best way to cut the cake so he could get a good shot.. I did exactly as he said, ignoring the cake guy, who was on his toes trying to get the knife back from me. When looking back at the video, I could even see the anxiety in his face about us cutting the cake.

We feed each other the cake...well I mashed Josh's face and ran...lol. It was cute...and funny. We toast with our champagne flutes and then the party music starts.

One of my guests was there in an attempt to smuggle the top tier of cake off the ship. Right...wrong. After the toast, someone asked me a question and I turned around for a split second. When I turned back, the cake guy had already cut slices out of 1/2 of the top tier. DAMN! Oh well.

Let's Party!!

All the major formailities are done, and it's party time. DJ started off a bit slow at first, so I had my brother, who is also a dj, give him some instructions. There after the music was great! I was really ready to dance. I danced quite a bit. Until I started to sweat...then it was time to stop.

From there on, we mingled...and laughed and had a good time.

About 40 minutes later, we do the garter and bouquet toss.

More mingling and taking pictures at the photobooth. Crazy fun.

I gave the final dance to my other uncle. He really enjoyed it, as I could see a huge smile on his face.

By the time we started dancing, it was still 10-15 minutes remaining, but most of the guest had already started to leave. After the dance, everyone officially started to depart. I was hoping people wouldn't leave until 3:15ish, but by then everyone was already gone.

Josh and I and the guests that were cruising with us, all raced up to the top deck to see people leave as they crossed the street back to the parking lot. It was very windy up there, even though the ship was not even moving.

We waited for a bit, as we didn't see anyone initially, but soon we saw a group of our guests leave and could actually see them enough to make out who they were. So the 6 of us started screaming their names as loud as we could in hopes they would hear us and turn around. Sure enough, we were loud enough and they turned around and we waved good bye them with the wedding wands. Those that had the wands waved bye back to us. It was awesome! {tear}.

The waiting and waving cycle continued for about 30 minutes. We all headed back to our rooms, as Josh and I were going to meet back up with Colton for more photos. Well...I get back to the room, and my hair is sticking straight up on my head. With the amount of hair spray that was in it, there was nothing I could do but wash it.

I make an appointment at the salon for an updo and reschedule our photo shoot for the next day.

Reception.

Our bridal party entered the reception in the same other that they entered the ceremony. The reception was held in the vibe disco. I really loved the location as the colors matched my wedding colors very well.

We entered the reception area, and my planner (and assistants) had set it up beautifully. My bridal portrait (18x30) was on the guest book table, along with the wedding wand favors I made. The portrait was supposeeeee to be on a easel, but not sure what happened, as it was leaned against a gift from a guest. I also had a treasure chest card box (even though I didn't get any cards in the box...bummer).

The actual guess book was in the back of the disco, near the bar. This is where they re setup the backdrop photo booth. This time it was shorter and they pulled out the silly props we got for guest to take funny pictures. It turned out awesome! I have some really funny, nice pictures of most of my guests.

We were properly introduced and immediately started our first dance. It was nice, but kind long. I was really to party and have a good time. Kinda weird dancing to a slow song and having everyone just watch ya.

After the dance, we got on the mic and thanked everyone for coming. Then, my maid of honor, matron of honor, and Josh's bestman and father all gave a quick toast.

The Cake...

I had 84 guest rsvp (includes ourselves). With that number, we were able to get a 4 tier cake. I really wanted a 4 tier cake too lol. Anyway, Josh also requested a grooms cake in the shape of a baseball jersey. Carnival accepted the layout we sent and did the cake for an extra 150.

I requested no pipping or any decor on my cake, as I would be bringing a ribbon and a cake topper. Well they still put pipping. ALL over the cake. So much pipping that they could only put my bling ribbon on 2 of the 4 tiers. So from the bottom, it was ribbon, icing, ribbon, icing and the cake topper.

The spikes for my cake topper were also too long, so about 1/2 of an inch of the spikes were visible after the topper was inserted. While I really, really, did NOT like the pipping AT ALL...the cake was still amazing. The grooms cake came out very very nice. In looking back at the pictures, it was almost a perfect match. I wish I had sent them a picture of what I wanted the wedding cake to look like, but I didn't. I thought saying no pipping would have been clear enough.

We had enough cake for 200 people, even though we only had about 60 show up. To give people time to try the different flavors, we decided to cut the cake as soon as possible. So after the dance and the toasts, we went to the cake cutting. Here the cake security is a def com 5. There was someone next to the cake at all times. When we started to cut the cake, the guy was like he would cut it. I was like no, we got it. Colton (the photographer) gave us instructions on the best way to cut the cake so he could get a good shot.. I did exactly as he said, ignoring the cake guy, who was on his toes trying to get the knife back from me. When looking back at the video, I could even see the anxiety in his face about us cutting the cake.

We feed each other the cake...well I mashed Josh's face and ran...lol. It was cute...and funny. We toast with our champagne flutes and then the party music starts.

One of my guests was there in an attempt to smuggle the top tier of cake off the ship. Right...wrong. After the toast, someone asked me a question and I turned around for a split second. When I turned back, the cake guy had already cut slices out of 1/2 of the top tier. DAMN! Oh well.

Let's Party!!

All the major formailities are done, and it's party time. DJ started off a bit slow at first, so I had my brother, who is also a dj, give him some instructions. There after the music was great! I was really ready to dance. I danced quite a bit. Until I started to sweat...then it was time to stop.

From there on, we mingled...and laughed and had a good time.

About 40 minutes later, we do the garter and bouquet toss.

More mingling and taking pictures at the photobooth. Crazy fun.

I gave the final dance to my other uncle. He really enjoyed it, as I could see a huge smile on his face.

By the time we started dancing, it was still 10-15 minutes remaining, but most of the guest had already started to leave. After the dance, everyone officially started to depart. I was hoping people wouldn't leave until 3:15ish, but by then everyone was already gone.

Josh and I and the guests that were cruising with us, all raced up to the top deck to see people leave as they crossed the street back to the parking lot. It was very windy up there, even though the ship was not even moving.

We waited for a bit, as we didn't see anyone initially, but soon we saw a group of our guests leave and could actually see them enough to make out who they were. So the 6 of us started screaming their names as loud as we could in hopes they would hear us and turn around. Sure enough, we were loud enough and they turned around and we waved good bye them with the wedding wands. Those that had the wands waved bye back to us. It was awesome! {tear}.

The waiting and waving cycle continued for about 30 minutes. We all headed back to our rooms, as Josh and I were going to meet back up with Colton for more photos. Well...I get back to the room, and my hair is sticking straight up on my head. With the amount of hair spray that was in it, there was nothing I could do but wash it.

I make an appointment at the salon for an updo and reschedule our photo shoot for the next day.

Did U have pix of the Club (disco).. I want to see the chairs, and tables that the guest sit at.. I hear they are Very small True??? was there enough room

Did U have pix of the Club (disco).. I want to see the chairs, and tables that the guest sit at.. I hear they are Very small True??? was there enough room

I'll be updating the original photos link as I get more and more photos from guests.

The area is very spacious. It has the feel of a lounge. To the right is a long continuous bench like seating. In front of the seating is a small table about every 4 seats.

To the left there are 3 private booths with stool like seats. Each booth seats about 4-6.

In the middle there are 2 large sofas with stools that double as coffee tables.

On the other side of the dance floor are 3 bar height tables.

There are also 4 bar height round tables with poles in the middle of them

In the far back there is another section with curtains that has quite a bit of seating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK Kool. That does help.. I know Breeze will be a lil Different. But this was great.. Cant wait to see the pix

I'll be updating the original photos link as I get more and more photos from guests.

The area is very spacious. It has the feel of a lounge. To the right is a long continuous bench like seating. In front of the seating is a small table about every 4 seats.

To the left there are 3 private booths with stool like seats. Each booth seats about 4-6.

In the far back there is another section with curtains that has quite a bit of seating.

OK Kool. That does help.. I know Breeze will be a lil Different. But this was great.. Cant wait to see the pix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You Rock, And you really broke it down.. Thanks A lot. I really can see it...

• 1 year later...