Girl's Thread :) Single women, on which ship and when are you going?

Ajkcruiser

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking of doing a singles cruise for the first time. I'm a single gal who has no single friends (all of my friends are married) and I don't have someone to travel with. I'm not sure what cruise lines are good for singles. I'm not crazy about Carnival as I really don't care for their "frat party" atmosphere. I just want to have a good time and meet awesome people. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I hope you've found a cruise to book solo by now! I've only cruised Carnival (because Galveston is so close) and have gone solo several times. I was able to get away from the party when I wanted and find a quiet place to relax...it's actually a nice way to go. For me, I wouldn't book another spring break cruise but that's just a personal choice. ;)

I met people by: "Hey, that's a great book/magazine!" (Runners seem to notice other runners reading about running.) Going to trivia. Dropping by the piano bar and also karaoke. Attending a meet and greet from a CC roll call. Mostly I enjoyed my time relaxing and NOT being with people.

Next cruise is me and another single gal. Magic Feb 17. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My next solo is September on the Jewel of the Seas for my birthday and then next February on the Liberty of the Seas for Valentines.

There's nothing like cruising solo. I've done it twice before and I think I will start doing it every other year, or every year if I can afford it!

I am going solo for the 3. time, this time with Costa Fortuna 30. April from Savona.

It is my 10. cruise and the last 3 have been solo and i love it! It is pretty easy to meet new people, and I love to just do what i want, at not thinking about what others want. And no waiting..... :p

Can't wait to go and leave cold Denmark :)

I'm thinking of going on a cruise in October. I've been on many but never solo. There's a lot of great info here from those who have cruised alone before, but i'm very hesitant. I'm looking forward to reading more about it and getting to know other solo cruisers. Has anyone ever gone on the NCL Epic in a solo cabin? I'd love some feedback.

Hey there

I am going on my first cruise ever and have decided to go alone. I am going on the Carnival Ecstasy on 03/21 to the Bahamas. I have seen several people say that we should go into the roll call for the trip. There wasnt one for the trip i am taking so i started one and there have been no responses :confused:

Freedom is the March 17th out of Ft Lauderdale.

Hello. I saw your post and wanted to say hello. I booked the same cruise and I'm going solo/single. I'm a 37 year old male...if you want to say hello prior my email is dwordelmann@yahoo.com. I'm not a creep, disrespectful or annoying...just looking to say hello and maybe have a drink or two.

See you soon...

I'm thinking of going on a cruise in October. I've been on many but never solo. There's a lot of great info here from those who have cruised alone before, but i'm very hesitant. I'm looking forward to reading more about it and getting to know other solo cruisers. Has anyone ever gone on the NCL Epic in a solo cabin? I'd love some feedback.

I do prob 98% of my cruises solo. I did the TA from Barcelona to Miami on the Epic in a studio cabin. I HATED the Epic. Way to big, way to many people, way to impersonal for me. The studio cabin was extremely small. You can get an inside sometimes for less money and you get more room. If you do the Epic, go to the studio lounge even if you aren't in a studio. The solo group coordinator should have activities planned for solo passengers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks! What a great idea for a thread! I saw the one for guys, but somehow missed this one.

I don't necessarily travel solo, but it's close :) My mom goes along with me for company, but we tend to do our own things! I'm a 36 year old Southern girl and love to take cruises (much to the amusement of my co-workers and students...many who are now converts to cruising, hah).

Next up is the Elation on May 4, and then the Conquest on August 11.

Hey everyone! I am traveling sorta single with my 13 year old DD who will be leaving me every second she can as this is our 1st cruise!!

I am hoping there will be some other single friends to meet on our cruise

Happy cruising everyone!!

:):):):)