Sailing downunder, need help

nanwel

Question re a trip from Auz to NZ - hope not to get booted off this page - tried to question on the correct site, but did not get an answer yet - travelling to Aus this sat - I know it is hot there now - but, what about NZ when we travel around there on Voyageur??

And for those of you that have been? do we get off the ship at Dusky/Doubtful or Milford, or, are they just sail in close to beautiful shoreline??

Hope you have a great cruise! We will be on Radiance on the 14th. I have been looking at temps for a few weeks and going 10 days out (which must be taken with a grain of sand). In New Zealand (Picton, Wellington, Akaroa and Dunedin), the low temps have ranged from 47-59 F and the highs have ranged between 57-79 F. I assume wind chills will be colder, especially on the water.

Hi,

I hope you enjoy your time "downunder". Having previously lived in NZ, I can tell you that no matter what the temp is predicted to be, be prepared for cold/chilly weather. If you get a wind from the south, it will be cold!

There is normally one shore excursion in the Milford Sound where some people get on/off (depends which way round NZ the ship is going) and involves being off the ship overnight via Queenstown. For everyone else it is just very scenic cruising.

Phill

It will be cooler in the south than in the north because both countries are in the southern hemisphere. February is Australia and NZ's midsummer period but temperatures in Auckland recently were in the low 20s Centigrade according to friends who live there.

Cruising through the Sounds was very chilly!!!! We were maybe there in Oct.? Gorgeous scenery but you do not get off.

We did the whole cruise around AU and it was hot and also cooler, so I would bring some layered things to wear.

It was an awesome cruise, have a great time!!!!:)

we did our NZ cruise in the month of February.

on our cruise, we did not get off the ship. it was scenic cruising for the day.

this day was the highlight of our trip!

was aware that it can be cool-cold when in the sounds so went prepared with thick jackets and scarves.

this allowed us to be up and about on the deck as we enjoyed the magnificent scenery of the sounds.

It will be cooler in the south than in the north because both countries are in the southern hemisphere. February is Australia and NZ's midsummer period but temperatures in Auckland recently were in the low 20s Centigrade according to friends who live there.

Then that means it's in the low 70's Fahrenheit, which sounds very nice to me. :) But, having been in NZ in February a couple of times, I know that it can also get cold, so it is best to pack a light jacket.