Taxi from New Orlean port to Airport??

louie_jr2005

There are usually a bunch of taxis at the port lined up waiting for people getting off the ship. You will have a great time I'm sure and if you get to the terminal for around 11am, you should be on the Fantasy before noon.

Its been a few years since we've done a New Orleans cruise...but if I remember right...it was actually...a fair distance from the airport to the pier...could be a bit more than $10 pp...especially considering gas prices these days!

From the port to the airport is a distance of about 15 miles and mostly interstate so should not take long to get there. I suppose with the increased price of gas that it is possible the taxi fair has gone up but it still shouldn't be much more than $15 per person. Planning to spend any extra time here before or after your cruise?

From the port of New Orleans website FAQ:

**Note this is for the reverse direction (airport to port) but it's probably a good estimate.

What transportation is offered from Louis Armstrong International Airport?

Taxis and airport shuttle are available from Armstrong International Airport to the cruise terminals. Call 1 (866) 596-2699 for Airport Shuttle information and reservations. Typically, shuttles cost $13 per person one-way and $26 per person for round trips.

Taxis are available and cost $28 for up to two passengers and $12 for any additional passengers. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. The airport is approximately 17 miles form the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 minutes travel time.

It is a flat rate of $28 + $1 fuel surcharge (sometimes).

The taxis of any size do not wait to fill up and even though some can carry more, there is a limit of 5 passengers max on taxis. Several times I have been a passenger of 1 in a huge suburban.

8znxJ5gBca1DaBXMEafJvZTpfALqZ+dO0300.jpg

The shuttle vans will wait some, but not necessarily until they are full.

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

From the port of New Orleans website FAQ:

**Note this is for the reverse direction (airport to port) but it's probably a good estimate.

What transportation is offered from Louis Armstrong International Airport?

Taxis and airport shuttle are available from Armstrong International Airport to the cruise terminals. Call 1 (866) 596-2699 for Airport Shuttle information and reservations. Typically, shuttles cost $13 per person one-way and $26 per person for round trips.

Taxis are available and cost $28 for up to two passengers and $12 for any additional passengers. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. The airport is approximately 17 miles form the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 minutes travel time.

Taxi prices are set from the French Quarter/CBD area to the airport and start at $28 for one or two people, additional charges for each additional person. If you have 2 or more people this is what I'd recommend.

I think the shuttle prices have gone up and are now $16 each way. If you are traveling alone, this is the way to go, but if there are two or more of you it's almost as cheap to get a cab and then you don't have to wait for the van to fill and stop anywhere else. The shuttle may stop at several hotels or may go straight to the airport.

It is a flat rate of $28 + $1 fuel surcharge (sometimes).

The taxis of any size do not wait to fill up and even though some can carry more, there is a limit of 5 passengers max on taxis. Several times I have been a passenger of 1 in a huge suburban.

Great post! Seeing is believing. :)

i called united cab i think it was and she said it was 29 bukc to 2 people from the port to airport. i forgot to ask if they are there when i get off the ship or do i need to call them. It must be around the same price not matter what cab it is. Carnival is going to charge 23 bucks per person to go back to the airport one way. So i am saving 17 bukcs if takign cab.....you think it worth the saving to take cab or carnival???

We Had A Van. Took 3 Of Us For $30. But I Think That Everybody In Nola That Owns Four Wheels Calls It A Taxi. I Saw An Rode In Some Really Bad Ones. This Was Pe Katernia Though. We Had A Poter At The Airport An He Took Us Right To The Front Of The Line An Put Us In A Nice Van. Well Worth The Tip.

• 6 years later...
Cruised about 25 times, all Royal Caribbean. Just looking for economial transportation from New Orleans Airport to Cruise port. RCL wants too much money.

You opened a six year old thread! Current prices are $32 or so for two people either way from the airport to cruise terminal. There will be regular cabs available either at the airport or cruise terminal. Otherwise you can try public transportation, but that is never easy with luggage.

• 2 months later...
That's interesting... I've never heard of a taxi cab charging per person rates... I've only seen the taxi Vans charge per person.

I hate the Vans... you have to sit in there while they try to fill them up. I prefer the privacy of a taxi cab.

From the airport it is in the driver's interest to wait for more, but you do not have to wait for the van or car to fill up. The set fare is for up to two people. If more people get in (at your choice) then you pay a per person fare. The cabbie cannot make you share a ride.

We Had A Van. Took 3 Of Us For $30. But I Think That Everybody In Nola That Owns Four Wheels Calls It A Taxi. I Saw An Rode In Some Really Bad Ones. This Was Pe Katernia Though. We Had A Poter At The Airport An He Took Us Right To The Front Of The Line An Put Us In A Nice Van. Well Worth The Tip.
I find this post hard to read with the bad spelling, punctuation and capitalization, but I think what you are trying to say is that NOLA runs on tips. Of course the porters all have a friend/neighbor/cousin who also happens to drive a cab. If you have a "reservation" and not just joining the regular taxi queue then you are picked up somewhere separately like a private pick up. You can do the same thing at many local hotels. The cabbies like a nice pick up that is going to the airport verses someone just looking for a short hop to a downtown hotel and they are willing to "pay gratitude" to the porter who gets you in their taxi. The cabbies all know the boat is coming in and could play taxi line lottery and wait an hour or more in line hoping for an airport fare or they could tip to a porter for a guaranteed fare to the airport. Trust me, if that porter found out you were just looking for a short haul to a downtown hotel he would have dropped you and your luggage in the long taxi line.