Spa Cabins on New Carnival Breeze

redneony

Hello all!

As you might notice, I don't have a fancy signature boasting all the cruises I have taken (or a signature at all, for that matter), and for good reason - this is my first post on Cruise Critic and I am a first timer STARVING for information about EVERYTHING before I book this beast! :D

So I have some questions for you fine veterans, the first one being, my cabin choice. I sort of have my heart set on booking a spa balcony on the new Carnival Breeze for our honeymoon, January 2013.

I was just curious of how many people have booked a spa room, in particular, a balcony, and what they thought of them?

* Were they worth the extra cost? I have never even gotten a massage before, but I'm so sore and I'm a new parent, so I'm exhausted and I was wondering how much people find themselves glued to Cloud 9 while aboard?

* How much Elemis product would you get on an 8-day cruise? Should I still bring my own shampoo/conditioner/body gel?

* Was the sea sickness an issue?

* What's the noise-level like? Which cabins are best to avoid the noise? (I'm guessing you want to stay away from the cabins closest to the WaterWorks, elevators and underneath the Fitness Center... but that's not leaving me with many options).

* Spend the extra few dollars a day for the Spa deck or go for Panorama?

* I have heard that the Serenity deck is windy, as are forward cabins. Has anyone ever not liked the windy conditions in the spa balconies, or has anyone actually preferred them? Does it get very cold or does it feel kind of nice?

* This might be a kind of general question, but do you take your room towel (in this case, a special white Spa towel) with you to the pools and hot tubs, or are there special towels in these areas?

* The "Welcome Ritual" - I've heard it exists and I've heard that it doesn't. I think it probably exists, and those people who don't think it does just haven't figured out when to go. I know it is a tour of the spa and it's where you can make your priority appointments - so, when do you need to show up, and where? The Relaxation Room?

* The Relaxation Room - I've seen photos of fruit and teas... are there really fruit and teas? Those are my favorite things, as dorky as that sounds. I'm especially interested in relaxing with a nice, hot herbal cup of something yummy. What kinds of hot teas are available here/elsewhere on the ship?

* How crowded is the Thalassotherapy Pool and Tepidarium? When are the best times to go?

* And, finally, do you get any kinds of discounts on treatments if you book a Spa cabin? I heard some people say they did, but others haven't mentioned it, except to say you get discounts on port days (and we plan to be M.I.A. on those days... I am on a totally cliche mission to pet a dolphin).

Any information at all, even if it seems redundant, would be so greatly appreciated! :p As evidence of my n00bness, I am an obsessed information sponge!

Thank you!

Erin

Hello all!

As you might notice, I don't have a fancy signature boasting all the cruises I have taken (or a signature at all, for that matter), and for good reason - this is my first post on Cruise Critic and I am a first timer STARVING for information about EVERYTHING before I book this beast! :D

So I have some questions for you fine veterans, the first one being, my cabin choice. I sort of have my heart set on booking a spa balcony on the new Carnival Breeze for our honeymoon, January 2013.

I was just curious of how many people have booked a spa room, in particular, a balcony, and what they thought of them?

* Were they worth the extra cost? I have never even gotten a massage before, but I'm so sore and I'm a new parent, so I'm exhausted and I was wondering how much people find themselves glued to Cloud 9 while aboard?

* How much Elemis product would you get on an 8-day cruise? Should I still bring my own shampoo/conditioner/body gel?

* What's the noise-level like? Which cabins are best to avoid the noise? (I'm guessing you want to stay away from the cabins closest to the WaterWorks, elevators and underneath the Fitness Center... but that's not leaving me with many options).

* I have heard that the Serenity deck is windy, as are forward cabins. Has anyone ever not liked the windy conditions in the spa balconies, or has anyone actually preferred them? Does it get very cold or does it feel kind of nice?

* This might be a kind of general question, but do you take your room towel (in this case, a special white Spa towel) with you to the pools and hot tubs, or are there special towels in these areas?

* The "Welcome Ritual" - I've heard it exists and I've heard that it doesn't. I think it probably exists, and those people who don't think it does just haven't figured out when to go. I know it is a tour of the spa and it's where you can make your priority appointments - so, when do you need to show up, and where? The Relaxation Room?

* The Relaxation Room - I've seen photos of fruit and teas... are there really fruit and teas? Those are my favorite things, as dorky as that sounds. I'm especially interested in relaxing with a nice, hot herbal cup of something yummy. What kinds of hot teas are available here/elsewhere on the ship?

* How crowded is the Thalassotherapy Pool and Tepidarium? When are the best times to go?

* And, finally, do you get any kinds of discounts on treatments if you book a Spa cabin? I heard some people say they did, but others haven't mentioned it, except to say you get discounts on port days (and we plan to be M.I.A. on those days... I am on a totally cliche mission to pet a dolphin).

Any information at all, even if it seems redundant, would be so greatly appreciated! :p As evidence of my n00bness, I am an obsessed information sponge!

Thank you!

Erin

Ok erin I'll go through your list of questions and answer what I can. We have cruised 6 times all with Carnival and all different cat. cabins. We have been on a lower inside cabin all the way up to a Grand Suite. Let me say that you will have a terriffic time no matter were your room is. Your cabin will not make or break your cruise from an enjoyment standpoint but it can damage the budget. We are sailing the breeze on Jan. 5 2013. We booked a spa room for this cruise. My wife loves the gym and the spa. One nice thing about the spa decks is that there is no smoking on that deck at all anywhere. So when you're out on your balcony you wont have people smoking in the room in forward of you coming back to your balcony. So really room choice is a personal preference.I'm not sure what Elemis is so hopefully someone else will chime in on that but the showers do have shampoo and body wash. My wife brings conditoner as they don't provide that. As for sea sickness the very fist cruise we took 25 years ago (damn im aging myself!) my wife got a little queezy but that was a smaller ship. She gets sea sike very easily and thats been the only time on a cruise she has been sick. As far as noise goes. Stay away from the main deck because right under the main deck is the crews deck and they can be very noisy. The cabins close to the elevators get more foot traffic and can be a bit noisy too but its never really bothered us. I think the spa deck will be one of the more quiter deks on a ship because it is the smallest deck with the fewest cabins. I will find this out next moth as we will be on the Carnival Freedom on the spa deck. As far as the wind goes your balcony is on either side of the ship and wind has never really been an issue for us. But I do always like the rooms on the port side of the ship as they normally have better views of the islands when docked. As far as towels go the have a towel hut on the decks by the pools. Your cabin will be supplied with them as well. We use them when we go to the beaches in port as well. Just don't lose them because they will make you pay for them. And yes early in your cruise they do offer tours of the spa area. Ive never gotten a massage onboard but my wife does each time we cruise. She also gets her hair done. As for booking a spa room you do get a sampler basket with all kinds of goodies but im not sure what is in it yet. I can let you know when we get back in April. Ha and YES you have to swim with the Dolphins. That is a great experience. also if you get a chance go swim with this stingrays! An congrates on your pending marriage! We have managed to keep it together for 25 years. we have two awesome kids. An 18 yr old daughter and a 15 year old son. They have cruised with us going on three times. But in Jan 2013 its just DW and myself. Hope this helps. SCOTT

. But I do always like the rooms on the port side of the ship as they normally have better views of the islands when docked. SCOTT

the Freedom Spa deck vs the Breeze spa deck will be different experiences.

On the Breeze you get the spa amenities--although I do not think that massages and spa treatments are included. (massages on a cruise are VERY pricy-- like 169. for a 75 minute hot stone massage.

When taking a caribbean cruise side should not be a huge choice when looking to book a cabin- it can be different from sailing to sailing as the captain decides how he wants to dock either pulling in or backing in.

for the amenities of the spa-- you MUST book a Spa Suite cabin- category SS (these are located on deck 11)

regular balcony cabins on the spa deck do not get the below stuff in their cabins

"Suite" Accomodations

How "suite" it is... These pampering staterooms feature spa-like décor, offer private access to Cloud 9 Spa, and extra luxuries such as unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Guests are also given exclusive spa packages consisting of Elemis products and more (packages are for 1st & 2nd guests ONLY; packages for 3rd & 4th guests will incur additional fees).

Spa Packages Include:

- Elemis bath & beauty products

- Priority for booking spa appointments

- Complimentary fitness classes (2)

- Exclusive spa stateroom amenities

- Spa towels, bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

the Freedom Spa deck vs the Breeze spa deck will be different experiences.

On the Breeze you get the spa amenities--although I do not think that massages and spa treatments are included. (massages on a cruise are VERY pricy-- like 169. for a 75 minute hot stone massage.

When taking a caribbean cruise side should not be a huge choice when looking to book a cabin- it can be different from sailing to sailing as the captain decides how he wants to dock either pulling in or backing in.

for the amenities of the spa-- you MUST book a Spa Suite cabin- category SS (these are located on deck 11)

regular balcony cabins on the spa deck do not get the below stuff in their cabins

"Suite" Accomodations

How "suite" it is... These pampering staterooms feature spa-like décor, offer private access to Cloud 9 Spa, and extra luxuries such as unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Guests are also given exclusive spa packages consisting of Elemis products and more (packages are for 1st & 2nd guests ONLY; packages for 3rd & 4th guests will incur additional fees).

Spa Packages Include:

- Elemis bath & beauty products

- Priority for booking spa appointments

- Complimentary fitness classes (2)

- Exclusive spa stateroom amenities

- Spa towels, bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

Im pretty certain that on the Breeze anything booked on the Spa deck will have the same amenities. All of which you included in your post. Yes this is true. I just got off the phone with the carnival Rep.

Edited by ScottC

Im pretty certain that on the Breeze anything booked on the Spa deck will have the same amenities. All of which you included in your post. Yes this is true. I just got off the phone with the carnival Rep.

are you saying you can book ANY cabin on the spa deck and get those amenities? so what will the point be by paying that extra $$ (and it is much) for the spa suite?

Cabin # 12024

Category 8S

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Stateroom

Description: Cloud 9 Spa Balcony staterooms are the perfect place to warm up for your spa-time or wind down afterward. Take in the ocean breeze, then let it out. There you go - breathing is important - you're already getting the hang of the spa life! Spa staterooms feature two twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed and a full bathroom with shower. Sliding glass doors lead to your private balcony with patio chairs and table. There is also a seating area with sofa, coffee table and desk. All staterooms are equipped with television, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, 24-hour room service, mini bar, individual climate control and personal safe.

Spa Stateroom Amenities: Spa staterooms include priority Cloud 9 Spa reservations, unlimited use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool, 2 complimentary fitness classes, spa bathrobes and slippers, and upgraded bath amenities. Spa Amenities are only applicable to 1st and 2nd guests in each stateroom.

Some staterooms are equipped with a sofa bed and/or upper Pullman-style bunk beds to accomodate a third or fourth guest

are you saying you can book ANY cabin on the spa deck and get those amenities? so what will the point be by paying that extra $$ (and it is much) for the spa suite?

That I am not sure about. But from what I understand any room on the spa deck gets all the same amenities.

Carnival Breeze (BR)

Spa Accommodations

We have created a set of categories of accommodations for the staterooms and suites that are part of the spa facility onboard the Carnival Breeze. The décor of the Spa accommodations look different than the rest of the accommodations and is in harmony with the soothing and relaxing theme of the Carnival Breeze Cloud 9 Spa.

In addition, the Spa staterooms will solely be Non-Smoking staterooms (including the balconies). Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

All Spa accommodations are located on Deck 11 and Deck 12, directly below the Cloud 9 Spa; access to the Spa is via an exclusive, private spiral staircase or glass elevator. These accommodations offer complimentary additional in-room amenities, spa-related amenities and eligibility for exclusive Carnival Breeze Cloud 9 Spa Packages.

Interior: Category 4S on Deck 11

Sky View (obstructed): Category 6S on Deck 11

Ocean View with Balcony: Category 8P on Deck 11

Ocean View with Balcony: Category 8S on Deck 12

Ocean Suite: Category SS on Deck 11

The Spa staterooms will solely be Non-Smoking staterooms (including the balconies). In order to preserve the Cloud 9 Spa standards and ensure staterooms are free of smoke residue, guests who smoke in their Spa staterooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. This fee will cover the cost of deep-cleaning required to restore the room back to its original smoke free condition. Information on this fee is included in Carnival’s ticket contract. It is necessary to document the booking thoroughly when making a new reservation.

Booking Procedure

1. Verify that the guests are non-smokers. Advise the caller that SPA cabins are non-smoking accommodations.

2. Notate the comment on the booking record: "agt adv gsts are non-smokers" / “gsts adv non-smokers” (for direct consumers).

Carnival Breeze Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings including priority Spa appointments, unlimited use of the Thermal Suite and Thalasotherapy Pool, complimentary fitness classes and upgraded in-stateroom amenities.

Carnival Breeze Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

• <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter). <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:
    • <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in" class=MsoNormal>Laconium <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in" class=MsoNormal>Tepidarium <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in" class=MsoNormal>Oriental Steam Bath
    • Aroma Steam Bath

<LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

• <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in" class=MsoNormal>Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently heated to body temperature.
  • Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and offering relief for sport injuries.

<LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi) <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

• <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in" class=MsoNormal>Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion
  • One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

Things to Know

• <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo6; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Carnival Breeze Spa staterooms and suites are only available to guests who pay for spa staterooms or suites. In the event that guests are upgraded into the Spa staterooms, they will not be eligible for the additional amenities. <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo6; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>18 is the minimum age for body treatments and use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool. Hair, nails, facial services and the fitness center can be enjoyed by guests of 13 years and older, provided they are accompanied by their parent or guardian for service and booking. <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo6; tab-stops: list .5in" class=MsoNormal>Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.
  • Charges apply for the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite areas for those guests in Non-Spa staterooms.

Thanks Scott :)

Yes, I want to swim with the sting rays too. Still trying to convince future hubby that we won't end up like Steve Irwin.

As it looks, we'll be sailing right after you next year. Our cruise starts on January 19th. :)

And thanks so much for the input on the port room. There must be some truth to it, because most the rooms on the port-side spa deck have already been booked, and I didn't know what the reason was, exactly. I thought it had something to do with noise and foot traffic, but it's probably because of the view of the islands. I think I'm going to try to get 12001, I think it was? The one port-side at the very front on the spa deck. My best friends will be in the room next to us... hopefully they'll both be available when we sit down and book together... it'd be nice to be able to open up the divider between our balconies and have an extra large one without paying the extra large price...

Thanks Scott :)

Yes, I want to swim with the sting rays too. Still trying to convince future hubby that we won't end up like Steve Irwin.

As it looks, we'll be sailing right after you next year. Our cruise starts on January 19th. :)

And thanks so much for the input on the port room. There must be some truth to it, because most the rooms on the port-side spa deck have already been booked, and I didn't know what the reason was, exactly. I thought it had something to do with noise and foot traffic, but it's probably because of the view of the islands. I think I'm going to try to get 12001, I think it was? The one port-side at the very front on the spa deck. My best friends will be in the room next to us... hopefully they'll both be available when we sit down and book together... it'd be nice to be able to open up the divider between our balconies and have an extra large one without paying the extra large price...

Ha... He sounds just like my wife! in all honesty what happened to Steve Erwin was a freak accident. These are a different breed of Ray. Although their barbs will hurt if you step in them they are quite small. The Rays are much smaller as well. It really was a great experience.

Scott- where did you get that information. (I need a link)

My agent is telling me that I have to book a spa suite to get the spa amenities included.

Try this link... Also when we book our cruises we book directly through Carnival with their PVP's and they http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/cruise-ships-deckplans-cabin-detail.php?Cabin=12024&DeckID=3492&ShipID=569900&CatCode=8Sgave me all the information.

Scott- where did you get that information. (I need a link)

My agent is telling me that I have to book a spa suite to get the spa amenities included.

Scrap your TA and book directly through Carnival. There are many reasons to book yourself. First your TA is NOT going to watch for price adjustments. if you book yourself through Carnival this is easy to do yourself. When you find the price has adjusted in your favor you call your PPV and they take care of your OBC or upgrades themselves. Your TA may send you a cheap bottle of wine or once in a great while you will recieve so kind of small OBC but you will not get a better price through a TA. Everyone pays the same if you book ES. We have found it much simpler to do it ourselves. We have used the same PPV through Carnival for our last three cruises. If you're interested I can pass along his contact information. He's VERY helpful. Unless your TA is sharing his or her commission with you why use them?

Edited by ScottC

Once again, I don't know anything about cruises yet, except for what I've extensively researched, but I have to agree with Scott. Carnival has a low-price guarantee. I've tried to prove it wrong, but so far, I can't. My friends called someone at Carnival and they said to book on the phone as opposed to the web because they can sometimes get you better discounts over the phone that you don't get on their website. More and more savings! Whee! Also, as is classic for hotels, if you book through a TA or some other outside means, Carnival will be even less inclined than they already are to address any concerns you may have regarding your room, neighbors, etc. once you are on board. I've heard of people who booked through outside means and then had a complaint and Carnival basically told them there wasn't anything they could do for them because they didn't book through them directly. Crappy, but hotels do the same thing.

• 3 months later...

We were on the Carnival Freedom last week. I had planned to book our next cruise a few weeks after we got home but after talking to the people booking future cruises, I decided to book on board. We have been on the Panorama deck the past 2 cruises (deck 10) but I was told that the spa deck would not cost much more. The spa inside rooms get the same amenities as the spa suites and balcony rooms. I was told that by both Carnival agents on board. There were only two triple inside rooms left on the spa deck, so I went ahead and booked for next May because we need two triples. They said they had already booked 30 to 40 rooms on the Breeze just during our cruise for that same week next May-it is going to fill up fast they said because new ship and new itinerary. We are going to the southern Caribbean. If you have the money, I would definitely get a balcony room instead of an inside room. I have a friend who had a cove balcony on the Dream and really liked it. I think I would like a balcony room close to the water like the cove balcony. As soon as you decide the cruise, go ahead and book the early saver rate. I booked almost a year before this last cruise and the price went down two times, so I was able to get the lower rates. I won't get a lower price on this next cruise because I booked the last 2 inside rooms on spa deck. You will definitely get a lot of information on cruise critic.:)

• 6 months later...

Erin -

I wanted to reply to some of the questions of your original post.

We just returned from an 8-day cruise on the Carnival Breeze in cabin 11209 (balcony Cloud 9 Spa stateroom). We thoroughly enjoyed the spa cabin and definitely would consider this category on future cruises.

* Were they worth the extra cost? I was wondering how much people find themselves glued to Cloud 9 while aboard?

For us, it was worth the extra cost to have immediate access to Serenity Deck and Cloud 9 Spa via a less-commonly used "back" stairs/elevator that only services decks 11-12(Spa)-14(Spa)-15(Serenity) and right around the corner from our cabin. It is a slow elevator (hydraulic) but kinda cool to have this special treatment. Also the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool was very nice to have included (access cost for other passengers is $45/day or $279/wk) and that direct access brings you right into the spa/gym/Serenity Deck.

We were not "glued" to the spa, but that was an option if we wanted to use it. Besides the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool, everything will cost you. Of course, there were no shortages of "deals" either - embarkation special, port-day special, you-blinked-twice special (just kidding), etc.

Besides the classes and priority reservations, we also enjoyed the Elemis sampler products provided (bath gel-shampoo-conditioner-lotion). All sample sizes but our steward gave us new samples multiple times during the cruise when we requested. I LOVED the bath gel - it had a spearmint scent which was wonderfully refreshing. Of course, I understand individual tastes and allergies need to be considered. We are now looking online to see about purchasing the shower gel for home. Wish we would have pocketed a few of the shower gel samples to assure we were buying the exact same thing that was used on the ship.

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with sea sickness. Different approaches work for different people. Some use the patch behind the ear, others the wrist bands, others use a pill or natural supplement. On a ship of that size the movement is minimal but it still affects some people. Come prepared, but you may discover that you are perfectly fine.

* What's the noise-level like? Which cabins are best to avoid the noise?

Our cabin (11209) was comfortable from a quiet standpoint, I think. Sure, you have noise, but it's not constant. The gym is in the front of the ship, our cabin was beneath the fitness classroom and we were not distracted by any extra noises other than the waves crashing against the bow of the ship. We always stick a washcloth in the balcony door so we can hear the waves while we sleep. Better than any artificial "noise machine" you will find on land! :) Just be sure to close the door completely before room service comes with your morning coffee - for pressure reasons, the cabin door will slam closed if the balcony door is left open.

Our choice - we'd spend the extra bucks for a spa cabin ("S" category) again.

* I have heard that the Serenity deck is windy, as are forward cabins.

The Serenity Deck can get windy, but there are several partitions/walls that help break up the strong winds. But they are also nicer, padded deck chairs, cabanas, sofas, beds, and two double hammocks! There is also a whirlpool on each side of the ship in that area. Some complained of the noise from the kids climbing to get on the watersides, but we did not find it unbearable. We had a couple overcast cool afternoons/evenings but in those times it was cool in any open-deck area, not just the Serenity. You are at sea - you will experience wind. lol Plan ahead with clothing to match.

* Do you take your room towel with you to the pools and hot tubs, or are there special towels in these areas?

Great question for first-timer. Basic deck towels are blue throughout the ship. Spa cabins and Serenity Deck towels are yellow. These are different than the bath towels. You are given two towels in your cabin to use however you wish. Take them with you on-deck, on-shore, to the beach, as a pillow, whatever... or leave them in the cabin. If you use the towel, your steward will replace it. When you leave the cruise there should be two towels in the cabin. For each towel not there at the end of cruise, you will be charged I think it is like $25 per towel.

You do not need these towels in the Spa areas - white towels are provided there and left there. (SUGGESTION: When using the Thermal Suite, grab 2 towels to lay under you for the full length of the chairs - they can get hot - and grab a 3rd towel rolled up to place under your neck.)

On-Deck - you can go to the towel station and use their towels. You give them your cabin # and card - they mark you down in a book (and sometimes sign) for however many towels you take, then you need to return the towels to the same location where they mark the towels returned (so you are not charged for them).

* The "Welcome Ritual" - When do you need to show up, and where?

The Spa tours go on throughout the embarkation day up until the mandatory muster safety drill. Once you board the ship, just relax, have a drink, enjoy your vacation! When you are able to get into your cabin, drop off all of your stuff and take a look at the info provided in your cabin. Grab your S&S cards and head up to the Spa - any desk, any level. Tell them you want a tour. They will take you in small groups from room to room, telling you about all the treatments and services available to you. People in Spa cabin rooms will be given white wristbands and a special sticker placed on their S&S card and told of their benefits. During the tour they will explain discounts, specials, raffles, etc.

* The Relaxation Room - What kinds of hot teas are available here/elsewhere on the ship?

We didn't even know about the Relaxation Room until the last sea day. lol It is a room on the front of ship, great view, just outside the Thermal Suite and Whirlpool. Carpeted room with sofas, ice water, teas, coffee, just a place to be quiet and.... ...um.... ...relax! They have a wide selection of teas available in this area as well as all food service areas of the ship. I'm sure you can find a discussion giving you details of all the teas available.

As with all spa/gym areas - most crowded days are Days at Sea. Least crowded are port days. Times of day can vary, but they are open until 11PM, which is nice. Enjoy the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool just before bed. They never seemed to be overly crowded. Always was a chair or space available to use.

* And, finally, do you get any kinds of discounts on treatments if you book a Spa cabin?

No special discounts for spa cabin people. Just priority booking. Also, if you enter the spa raffle on embarkation (do so during the tour), even if you don't show for the drawing, they will send you a discount offer.

I do hope you enjoy your trip as much as we enjoyed our recent cruise on the Carnival Breeze. As you can see, we've been cruising on many Carnival ships over the last eleven years and we kept saying over and over those first few days how "different" this ship was from all other Carnival ships. Decor is much more refreshing and soothing. Less neon and modern art and more comfortable, soothing color scheme throughout the ship - especially in the spa cabins. Shows were great, the layout of the Lido Marketplace and The Patio areas were a great change. Minor note - this is the first ship where the crew is in new uniforms. Even this small change seemed to make a difference in the overall "feel". From what I've seen for the plans for the Sunshine, it looks like this is the new look of Carnival ships. Almost identical places, themes, color schemes for that ship. Personally, I like it. Some don't.

So many things to mention, but a couple "must do's":

During lunch - walk up to the Cucina del Capitano. This is a pay restaurant during dinner but during lunch they do a build-your-own-pasta-dish. It is wonderful. And it was not busy at all when we tried it. I think some people think you have to pay even at lunch - but you do not.

Have a burger from Guy's Burger Joint - they are just REALLY good!

Enjoy one of the movie nights at the Dive-In Theater (2 movies every night). Get some popcorn from the bar to enjoy while your at it.

Best wishes to you on your wedding. I hope you enjoy a wonderful honeymoon on the Breeze.

• Thanks 1

Erin -

We just returned from an 8-day cruise on the Carnival Breeze in cabin 11209 (balcony Cloud 9 Spa stateroom). We thoroughly enjoyed the spa cabin and definitely would consider this category on future cruises.

* Were they worth the extra cost? I was wondering how much people find themselves glued to Cloud 9 while aboard?

For us, it was worth the extra cost to have immediate access to Serenity Deck and Cloud 9 Spa via a less-commonly used "back" stairs/elevator that only services decks 11-12(Spa)-14(Spa)-15(Serenity) and right around the corner from our cabin. It is a slow elevator (hydraulic) but kinda cool to have this special treatment. Also the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool was very nice to have included (access cost for other passengers is $45/day or $279/wk) and that direct access brings you right into the spa/gym/Serenity Deck.

We were not "glued" to the spa, but that was an option if we wanted to use it. Besides the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool, everything will cost you. Of course, there were no shortages of "deals" either - embarkation special, port-day special, you-blinked-twice special (just kidding), etc.

Besides the classes and priority reservations, we also enjoyed the Elemis sampler products provided (bath gel-shampoo-conditioner-lotion). All sample sizes but our steward gave us new samples multiple times during the cruise when we requested. I LOVED the bath gel - it had a spearmint scent which was wonderfully refreshing. Of course, I understand individual tastes and allergies need to be considered. We are now looking online to see about purchasing the shower gel for home. Wish we would have pocketed a few of the shower gel samples to assure we were buying the exact same thing that was used on the ship.

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with sea sickness. Different approaches work for different people. Some use the patch behind the ear, others the wrist bands, others use a pill or natural supplement. On a ship of that size the movement is minimal but it still affects some people. Come prepared, but you may discover that you are perfectly fine.

Our cabin (11209) was comfortable from a quiet standpoint, I think. Sure, you have noise, but it's not constant. The gym is in the front of the ship, our cabin was beneath the fitness classroom and we were not distracted by any extra noises other than the waves crashing against the bow of the ship. We always stick a washcloth in the balcony door so we can hear the waves while we sleep. Better than any artificial "noise machine" you will find on land! :) Just be sure to close the door completely before room service comes with your morning coffee - for pressure reasons, the cabin door will slam closed if the balcony door is left open.

The Serenity Deck can get windy, but there are several partitions/walls that help break up the strong winds. But they are also nicer, padded deck chairs, cabanas, sofas, beds, and two double hammocks! There is also a whirlpool on each side of the ship in that area. Some complained of the noise from the kids climbing to get on the watersides, but we did not find it unbearable. We had a couple overcast cool afternoons/evenings but in those times it was cool in any open-deck area, not just the Serenity. You are at sea - you will experience wind. lol Plan ahead with clothing to match.

* Do you take your room towel with you to the pools and hot tubs, or are there special towels in these areas?

Great question for first-timer. Basic deck towels are blue throughout the ship. Spa cabins and Serenity Deck towels are yellow. These are different than the bath towels. You are given two towels in your cabin to use however you wish. Take them with you on-deck, on-shore, to the beach, as a pillow, whatever... or leave them in the cabin. If you use the towel, your steward will replace it. When you leave the cruise there should be two towels in the cabin. For each towel not there at the end of cruise, you will be charged I think it is like $25 per towel.

You do not need these towels in the Spa areas - white towels are provided there and left there. (SUGGESTION: When using the Thermal Suite, grab 2 towels to lay under you for the full length of the chairs - they can get hot - and grab a 3rd towel rolled up to place under your neck.)

On-Deck - you can go to the towel station and use their towels. You give them your cabin # and card - they mark you down in a book (and sometimes sign) for however many towels you take, then you need to return the towels to the same location where they mark the towels returned (so you are not charged for them).

The Spa tours go on throughout the embarkation day up until the mandatory muster safety drill. Once you board the ship, just relax, have a drink, enjoy your vacation! When you are able to get into your cabin, drop off all of your stuff and take a look at the info provided in your cabin. Grab your S&S cards and head up to the Spa - any desk, any level. Tell them you want a tour. They will take you in small groups from room to room, telling you about all the treatments and services available to you. People in Spa cabin rooms will be given white wristbands and a special sticker placed on their S&S card and told of their benefits. During the tour they will explain discounts, specials, raffles, etc.

* The Relaxation Room - What kinds of hot teas are available here/elsewhere on the ship?

We didn't even know about the Relaxation Room until the last sea day. lol It is a room on the front of ship, great view, just outside the Thermal Suite and Whirlpool. Carpeted room with sofas, ice water, teas, coffee, just a place to be quiet and.... ...um.... ...relax! They have a wide selection of teas available in this area as well as all food service areas of the ship. I'm sure you can find a discussion giving you details of all the teas available.

As with all spa/gym areas - most crowded days are Days at Sea. Least crowded are port days. Times of day can vary, but they are open until 11PM, which is nice. Enjoy the Thermal Suite and Thal Pool just before bed. They never seemed to be overly crowded. Always was a chair or space available to use.

* And, finally, do you get any kinds of discounts on treatments if you book a Spa cabin?

No special discounts for spa cabin people. Just priority booking. Also, if you enter the spa raffle on embarkation (do so during the tour), even if you don't show for the drawing, they will send you a discount offer.

I do hope you enjoy your trip as much as we enjoyed our recent cruise on the Carnival Breeze. As you can see, we've been cruising on many Carnival ships over the last eleven years and we kept saying over and over those first few days how "different" this ship was from all other Carnival ships. Decor is much more refreshing and soothing. Less neon and modern art and more comfortable, soothing color scheme throughout the ship - especially in the spa cabins. Shows were great, the layout of the Lido Marketplace and The Patio areas were a great change. Minor note - this is the first ship where the crew is in new uniforms. Even this small change seemed to make a difference in the overall "feel". From what I've seen for the plans for the Sunshine, it looks like this is the new look of Carnival ships. Almost identical places, themes, color schemes for that ship. Personally, I like it. Some don't.

During lunch - walk up to the Cucina del Capitano. This is a pay restaurant during dinner but during lunch they do a build-your-own-pasta-dish. It is wonderful. And it was not busy at all when we tried it. I think some people think you have to pay even at lunch - but you do not.

Enjoy one of the movie nights at the Dive-In Theater (2 movies every night). Get some popcorn from the bar to enjoy while your at it.

Best wishes to you on your wedding. I hope you enjoy a wonderful honeymoon on the Breeze.

Wow... thank you so much for answering all my questions! :D I posted them forever ago and most of them I know the answers to and some of the questions I know are kind of silly because I think I had JUST found out about all this when I posted it. But awesome, I'm so glad you had a great time and I know we will too! We ended up booking room 12038. My PVP at the time (he has since disappeared?) told me that room would be best because it was more midship and didn't have the noise from the gym and didn't have as much motion, and the foot traffic in front of it would be minimal because it is behind the wall to the elevators... or something. We'll see. I'm not too worried about it :D Great tip about using the facilities at night. After we booked, our sailing was declared John Heald's blogger's cruise so it looks like some of our mornings will be busy anyway. Anyway, thanks again! Awesome awesome awesome reply.

Erin has not been back since August..

how odd for someone going on vacation next month on the Breeze,

but I thank you for updating the information

I lurk. :cool: For 6 months my life was abducted by a project at work (and getting married in the middle of it), and, since our sailing was declared BC6, I haven't been on the forums as much as a Facebook group of our roll call and they pretty much answer all my questions, but I've been back here a lot more lately as the trip gets closer.

• 4 weeks later...
Erin -

thank you so much for this!!! i am staying in the room next to yours when i go on breeze in the summer and was looking for more info on spa rooms. this was perfect!!!

do you have any pictures?

also, when you were out on the balcony, was it private? i heard that the way the breeze was made, when you are on the balcony there is a deck you can see under you. we like to watch people return to the boat. could you still do that?

thank you so much for this!!! i am staying in the room next to yours when i go on breeze in the summer and was looking for more info on spa rooms. this was perfect!!!

do you have any pictures?

also, when you were out on the balcony, was it private? i heard that the way the breeze was made, when you are on the balcony there is a deck you can see under you. we like to watch people return to the boat. could you still do that?

Wondering this myself... I'll report back if someone else doesn't. We leave this Saturday. :D

only if you are docked on the right side of the pier to see the poeple.

Sometimes a ship will pull in and other times it will back in

only if you are docked on the right side of the pier to see the poeple.

Sometimes a ship will pull in and other times it will back in

i know that- but i mean because the breeze has the deck (the promenade maybe?) that sticks out/is wider than the others. because of that, is the view obstructed from the balcony?