Hotel near Port Everglades Florida

augies

Can anyone recommend a hotel near Port Everglades?

Thank you. :)

Yes we recommend the Marriott Renaissance at the north entrance to the port near restaurants and easy access to the beach on the Trolley and the Water Taxi. We have stayed there many times, it's in the upper price level but we're okay with it since it is top notch. A $10 cab or Uber ride to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any hotel on S.E. 17th St. There are about 7 of them. These are the closest to the port and they are all close to the transportation, shopping and restaurants mentioned by Mllewis48. If you have a car you can find good hotels in Plantation and other areas a little drive west from the port. Search the web sites.

Plenty of hotels in the 17th Street area. Actually, you can just google that as a topic and you will see what hotels available.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and it was fine. A short walk up the street to restaurants and a nice shopping plaza. The port is less than 15 minutes away by taxi.

We did the Hampton Inn in Feb, it offers free airport and cruise port shuttle, and a simple but adequate free breakfast. Downside is that there's no restaurants easy walking distance for dinner the evening before... we ended up walking to the mall food court which was still a hike (but we could pick up basics at said mall). Would consider HI again.

Yes we recommend the Marriott Renaissance at the north entrance to the port near restaurants and easy access to the beach on the Trolley and the Water Taxi. We have stayed there many times, it's in the upper price level but we're okay with it since it is top notch. A $10 cab or Uber ride to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love Renaissance, great hotel

Hyatt Place Convention Center on 10th - next door to Harbor Mall for last minute shopping and near several good dining spots - can be had on valuetrips.com for about $200 plus tax - good breakfast too

Just a warning to anyone reading price postings for any Fort Lauderdale or Miami hotel...if you haven't asked for specific dates, be aware that rates vary considerably between low season (summer) and high season (winter). A hotel that might cost around $100 night in low season will be 2 to 3 times more in high season on a holiday weekend. So when doing your research, make sure you enter your specific dates.

If you want to go economy class, we stayed at the Super 8 Dania. It's on Federal Hwy, just south of PE. They have free shuttles, airport and port.

It's clean and in a great location. It's adjacent to a nice, safe looking residential area. There are a number of restaurants and stores in close walking distance. Dania Beach is about 5 minutes away by Uber.

The couple who own and operate it seemed very nice and accommodating. They overbooked the first shuttle to the port so they paid for my wife and I to Uber to PE. I would stay there again.

Where you do not want to ever stay is the Rodeway Inn & Suites FLL Airport and Cruise Port. TripAdvisor will list it as 3.5 but don't believe it. I stayed there a few years ago and wrote an honest report rating it a 1. The owner (?) contacted me and ordered me to change it which I refused. So he told TripAdvisor that I had made a mistake on the hotel location and had it removed. Luckily I was watching and when I saw it had been removed, I contacted TripAdvisor. I assured them that I indeed had stayed there and wanted it put back which they did. I have been contacted by others that related the same strong arm tactics to upgrade their evaluation. Locals told me that this is what he does to fool people into staying at that decrepit old tired motel.

We did the Hampton Inn in Feb, it offers free airport and cruise port shuttle, and a simple but adequate free breakfast. Downside is that there's no restaurants easy walking distance for dinner the evening before... we ended up walking to the mall food court which was still a hike (but we could pick up basics at said mall). Would consider HI again.

There are several Hampton Inns. Which one did you stay in? Street address would be helpful if you have it.

There are several Hampton Inns. Which one did you stay in? Street address would be helpful if you have it.

Sorry!

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation

7801 S.W. 6th Street, Plantation, Florida, 33324

+1-954-382-4500

Back in 2012 we also stayed at

Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Lodging

1500 SE 5th Ave, Dania, FL, 33004

(954) 874-1800

Sleep Inn rooms were pretty small, but from what I remember they had an airport shuttle (Cruise shuttle was fee, I think $10pp but was years ago so no clue nowadays), room was tidy, and breakfast was free. I think prices this past Feb seemed high for what SI offered and the HI had a free air & cruise shuttle, and I wanted Hilton points.

If you're in any way affiliated with sports, you may want to look into the Hilton MVP program, google it and see if you're eligible. I've seen some decent deals that way... ymmv

Sorry!

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation

7801 S.W. 6th Street, Plantation, Florida, 33324

+1-954-382-4500

Back in 2012 we also stayed at

Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Lodging

1500 SE 5th Ave, Dania, FL, 33004

(954) 874-1800

Sleep Inn rooms were pretty small, but from what I remember they had an airport shuttle (Cruise shuttle was fee, I think $10pp but was years ago so no clue nowadays), room was tidy, and breakfast was free. I think prices this past Feb seemed high for what SI offered and the HI had a free air & cruise shuttle, and I wanted Hilton points.

If you're in any way affiliated with sports, you may want to look into the Hilton MVP program, google it and see if you're eligible. I've seen some decent deals that way... ymmv

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind that Plantation is about a 20 minute drive from the port,

or airport.

If I were arriving on a late flight, I would hate the extra delay.

You will be passing hundreds of closer hotels on your way to plantation.