Jacksonville Beach Restaurant?

cruisergrandma

Where are you staying? Jax Beach is south of Jax and other side of St Johns river from cruise port. From JAX it's about a 20 minute drive. Ugly Cupcake your best bets for beach views in Jax Beach. Off 1st Street which runs along the coast and 5th Ave. Casa Marina Inn may be another spot. Food at Beach Hut is so-so and it's not on the beach. Closer to the port, neither the Sandollar nor Shingletons across the river via ferry are open for breakfast.

Where are you staying? Jax Beach is south of Jax and other side of St Johns river from cruise port. From JAX it's about a 20 minute drive. Ugly Cupcake your best bets for beach views in Jax Beach. Off 1st Street which runs along the coast and 5th Ave. Casa Marina Inn may be another spot. Food at Beach Hut is so-so and it's not on the beach. Closer to the port, neither the Sandollar nor Shingletons across the river via ferry are open for breakfast.

We are actually cruising out of Port Canaveral but we are driving down the day before. We will be driving A1A from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral so we can enjoy as much beach as possible. We will be arriving in Jacksonville about breakfast time and thought breakfast on the beach would be a great idea. Might have to swing by McDonald's and picnic on the beach. Thanks for your help.

Since you haven't received any responses, I will suggest checking out Tripadvisor recommendations. I'm not sure if any breakfast spots are actually on the water. The Beach Hut Cafe is near the water. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g60805-zfp2-Jacksonville_Florida.html#EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I checked with tripadvisor but they don't show anything for breakfast on the beach. Hoped maybe a local would be on the board and could give us a name. Thanks for your help.

Jax Beach isn't developed like South Florida, the beach and dunes are protected so you have to be on the 2nd floor or higher to have a beach view. And you'll be set back.

My advice is to pick up Maple Street Biscuit Company and have a picnic on the beach, only downside is the restaurant closed on Sundays.

I checked with tripadvisor but they don't show anything for breakfast on the beach. Hoped maybe a local would be on the board and could give us a name. Thanks for your help.

Jacksonville friends of mine like Southern Grounds, a local coffee shop a block away from the ocean. They sell breakfast sandwiches and they like the meat/cheese charcuterie and the spinach salad.

We are actually cruising out of Port Canaveral but we are driving down the day before. We will be driving A1A from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral so we can enjoy as much beach as possible. We will be arriving in Jacksonville about breakfast time and thought breakfast on the beach would be a great idea

UMMMM .. there are some loose ends here that hopefully you have all sewn up, but I'd be remiss if I did not ask/mention ...

We live near port Canav', and recently attended an event on Amelia Island - taking 95 until CLOSE it was a 3 hour drive on 95 .....

IMO to try and do this on A1A would be a 7 hour drive or MORE . . . .

We are actually cruising out of Port Canaveral but we are driving down the day before. We will be driving A1A from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral so we can enjoy as much beach as possible. We will be arriving in Jacksonville about breakfast time and thought breakfast on the beach would be a great idea

UMMMM .. there are some loose ends here that hopefully you have all sewn up, but I'd be remiss if I did not ask/mention ...

We live near port Canav', and recently attended an event on Amelia Island - taking 95 until CLOSE it was a 3 hour drive on 95 .....

Driving from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral on I-95 is a distance of 160 miles (around 2 1/2 hrs), and undoubtedly it will be much longer on A1A. Good to be aware of Capt BJ's experience, no fun to miss your ship!

Thanks for your concern but we had figured in the time. We are driving down Thursday evening and Friday and don't sail until Saturday so we have plenty of time.

Just so you are aware. A1A doesn't go next to the beach all the way. Usually a block + off and beach views are blocked by development. Lots of lights and traffic, especially in Ponte Vedra. Best route for views might be St Augustine to Ormond Beach. Maybe down to Daytona to see that area, and the pier and boardwalk. But then I'd pull back to I-95 for the rest of the trip.

But if you're taking that down and getting into JAX around breakfast, once on A1A stop at Cafe Eleven in St. Augustine.

A fun thing might be to head from JAX to the ferry in Mayport and take that across then head south. Take I295 East to Hecksher Drive then left to the ferry. After the ferry docks in Mayport, take Mayport Rd (that is probably labeled A1A too) to Atlantic Blvd then left to 3rd St (A1A) in Jacksonville Beach.

Just so you are aware. A1A doesn't go next to the beach all the way. Usually a block + off and beach views are blocked by development. Lots of lights and traffic, especially in Ponte Vedra. Best route for views might be St Augustine to Ormond Beach. Maybe down to Daytona to see that area, and the pier and boardwalk. But then I'd pull back to I-95 for the rest of the trip.

But if you're taking that down and getting into JAX around breakfast, once on A1A stop at Cafe Eleven in St. Augustine.

A fun thing might be to head from JAX to the ferry in Mayport and take that across then head south. Take I295 East to Hecksher Drive then left to the ferry. After the ferry docks in Mayport, take Mayport Rd (that is probably labeled A1A too) to Atlantic Blvd then left to 3rd St (A1A) in Jacksonville Beach.

Love the idea of the ferry. We will check that out. Thanks.

Not sure where you are going to pick up A1A, but I suggest if you are coming down I-95 into Florida to cut over east and think about going through Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island and taking A1A south from there. That will give you the chance to hop on the ferry at Mayport, too. The drive along the coast there is beautiful.

Amelia Island and Fernandina both have a lot of good breakfast options, too. Most of the ones directly on the beach that I am aware of in Amelia Island are affiliated with the hotels. Public is welcome, but you will pay inflated prices because of the Omni or Ritz-Carlton location.

We are actually cruising out of Port Canaveral but we are driving down the day before. We will be driving A1A from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral so we can enjoy as much beach as possible. We will be arriving in Jacksonville about breakfast time and thought breakfast on the beach would be a great idea. Might have to swing by McDonald's and picnic on the beach. Thanks for your help.

Havnt been to jacksonville beaches but when we drive down to PC we stop at New Smyrna. The white sand is so soft and you can take the car on the beach. Perfect for a picnic