Queen Mary 2 X-Atlantic, Nov 12, 2013, roll call

desirod

David and Dave are crossing. This will be my 3rd time on Mary2, although first crossing. I have sailed her before on 2 cruises. 10 years earlier, crossed on QE2. :)

We are hoping to meet friends of Dorothy.

David

• 1 month later...

Hi David and Dave, My pal Ron and I will be on this crossing with you. I originally planned to go eastbound, spend some time in the UK and then come back on this crossing, but in the end we would have been away from home too long. So we will fly over and come back with the Mary.

This will be our 11 time on board and I think 8th TA, but I cannot remember exactly how many times. Each time has been a delight though. I will look forward to meeting you at the Friends of Dorothy in the Commodore club on the first afternoon out.

Cheers and Best Mike.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HDS01 Welcome to the thread. I hope you two can join us for the daily Friends of Dorothy (also known as Rainbow Pride) usually held at 5 pm (subject to the Cunard Scheduler) in the Commodore Club. 10 Forward usually the port side.

Cheers Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David, I for one am looking foward to my vacation in the UK and the Westbound crossing. I have fill up my English days with things to do and evenings for dinners in favorite restaurants and a couple of new ones too. The White Star Luggage packet arrived yesterday and I am getting all of the clothing checked, laundered and cleaned and ready to pack for a 29th October pick up.

And, I am now checking the message boards for new roll call entries. A fellow named Stuart is going to be on the crossing, from Hamburg, and I have invited him to join us here as well.

Any other FODs on the crossing?

Mike

Hi, all,

Excited to be boarding in Hamburg for the 9 night crossing home to NYC. On my own for this trip (travelled with friend this summer) so looking forward to meeting other FODs in the Commodore Club either day after Hamburg departure or Wed, 13th.

Stuart

Stuart, yes we're boarding in Southampton. And yes there should be a bottle of Perrier Jouet Champage as well as a bottle of something called Pol Acker. You should also have some sugar iced strawberries when you board.

Daily at about five your butler will bring a plate of canapes, a couple have a wee dollop of caviar (or some other fish roe) and you can order warm snacks as well, though they seem to come by the gross.

And as you will be a QG this trip you can enjoy a cocktail in the Queens Grill Lounge, perhaps with the lovely Yulia from Kiev in command of the bar. We will see. Its just weeks away now.

The white star luggage docs have arrived and are being prepared to accompany the bags through UK customs on their way to the ship. They will be picked up a week from Tuesday. If you haven't used them before, you might consider giving them a try, sure beats hauling big bags around with you. See you on the 12th

Mike

Stuart, yes my pal Ron (of 38 years , gads that long) will be with me. He too is a non-tippler. The bag service is White Star Luggage 1-888-491-0744, best ring them quickly as they need to send docs out to be completed by you, a copy of which must be send back to them. The will be picking my bags up on Tue 29th October.

Yes, its a very good way to send clothes you don't need along the way to the ship. I have used them for the last 13 or 14 cruises. The cost is based on number of bags, weight, insurance desired (they give you $2,000.) as part of the deal. International is more than domestic. I would think you need only one way since your home when we get to NYC.

Cheers Mike.

Its 7:20 PM on Tuesday, 22nd, October. In less than three weeks Queen Mary 2 will begin her voyage down the Southampton Water and the Solent, past the Isle of Wight and Osborne House by now looming in the mists, then turning right into the English Channel and headed to the Atlantic and our crossing.

Is everyone getting excited, I know I am. Its the very grown up kid in me that enjoys this more each time.

We look forward to seeing you all at the FOD's gathering.

If there are other FODS who have not yet posted, please give it a try.

Cheers Mike