Michael's Club On Silhouette - Craft Beers

Woobstr112G

Here's the list posted n the wonderful website Beyondships. It certainly meets DHs approval and he can't wait to try many of these beers on Summit.

http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf

Thank you so much for the link. What an outstanding list. I might just book a cruise on the Silhouette.....:):):)

Bob

Looks good to me! Sail on the Silho in two months and have the Premium Package which covers most of the beers, etc on here.

Funny you say that. Because I specifically decided NOT to go with a package because of Michael's Club. I figured I would be drinking the Trappist ales which price out at 15 to 20 dollars a bottle. So no way I'm paying the difference every time for that. To bad they don't do it by the glass as one bottle of Chimay is almost the size of a bottle of vino.

Well that's a dissapointment!

We are doing the TA on Reflection in November and I was looking forward to "up to 50 Craft beers", the reality is that many of those listed really don't live up to the billing as they are either mainstream from large brewers or poor representatives of a beer style.

Couple that with the outrageous price for some of them, which comes out to nearly £10 for a bottle I can buy in the UK for much less even after it's been shipped from the US or Australia to the UK, and its back to coffee for me.:(

Edited by harz99

The new concept for Michael's on the Silhouette is nice but on our cruise last fall the place was empty every night. If there were 5 people in there at any given time it was a lot. As much as we wanted to enjoy it, because of the lack of people there was no atmosphere at all.

Here's the list posted n the wonderful website Beyondships. It certainly meets DHs approval and he can't wait to try many of these beers on Summit.

http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf

I will be sure to report how it is on the Summit when we get back LL ;) DH and I got the beer package our first cruise on the Summit (before they had beverage packages) We tried every beer they had at the time and it was just awesome. So excited about the change to Michaels Club. I think it will be awesome. 107 days til I find out for sure :)

The new concept for Michael's on the Silhouette is nice but on our cruise last fall the place was empty every night. If there were 5 people in there at any given time it was a lot. As much as we wanted to enjoy it, because of the lack of people there was no atmosphere at all.

Sounds good to me! I like going to places that arent crowded.

Edited by sarahc78

We are doing the TA on Reflection in November and I was looking forward to "up to 50 Craft beers", the reality is that many of those listed really don't live up to the billing as they are either mainstream from large brewers or poor representatives of a beer style.

Really? I'm a complete beer snob (DH and I take 3-5 beercations a year) and I was impressed by the list. Maybe I'm just used to the utter swill served on Royal Caribbean, aside from when they brewed their own Belgian a few years back. I will happily quaff DFH, Stone or Hitachino rather than Corona or Red Stripe. The pricing is about what I expect on a ship and most of the truly expensive bottles are 750ml.

I suppose they can't please everyone, but they got our booking because of the beer!

I've read a lot of comments like yours. I don't think the lack of crowds at Michael's is necessarily a bad thing. There's so much commotion and noise on a cruise ship that the idea of a quiet place to escape to sounds heavenly. Add a beer into the mix and you've got double heavenly. I'm looking forward to visiting Michael's Pub on the Silhouette and it wouldn't bother me at all if my DH and I had only a handful of people to keep us company. More beer for us! :D

Really? I'm a complete beer snob (DH and I take 3-5 beercations a year) and I was impressed by the list. Maybe I'm just used to the utter swill served on Royal Caribbean, aside from when they brewed their own Belgian a few years back. I will happily quaff DFH, Stone or Hitachino rather than Corona or Red Stripe. The pricing is about what I expect on a ship and most of the truly expensive bottles are 750ml.

I suppose they can't please everyone, but they got our booking because of the beer!

DH said the same thing. He would have gone on the cruise anyway but this is a nice bonus for him!

My DH is a brewmaster and has always been disappointed with the beer selections on past cruises. I just sent him the list and he said that it was an excellent choice of beer and he is looking forward to spending part of the drink package in Michaels. Preferably less crowded the better. You get better service and can drink more beer!!!

Does the Michael's Club on Equinox also offer the beers now? If they do, my DH will be very happy! :D

Hi Railwaylass,

Last I heard, Equinox does not offer the Craft Beer concept at Michaels yet. Enjoy your Cruise !

This is slightly off-topic, but really amusing (to me). I was looking at a menu for a local restaurant we're thinking of trying tonight, and one of the entrees is "Chimay braised short ribs"...not being a beer afficianado, I made a mental note to look up what "Chimay" was...a wine? A spice?

Thanks to CC I now know it's a beer!

does anyone have a photo of the new decor?

It would be nice if they add some quiet piano or guitar music to Michaels--having just another place to drink it is not that appealing... they already have alot of bars, but not enough spots for nice music...maybe they can do something else with the wine area that is also quite underutilized...

Edited by hcat

I will be sure to report how it is on the Summit when we get back LL ;) DH and I got the beer package our first cruise on the Summit (before they had beverage packages) We tried every beer they had at the time and it was just awesome. So excited about the change to Michaels Club. I think it will be awesome. 107 days til I find out for sure :)

Sounds good to me! I like going to places that arent crowded.

I like those uncrowded places too! Find a good seat and relax! Any specific Summit questions I'll be there in April.

:D

I like those uncrowded places too! Find a good seat and relax! Any specific Summit questions I'll be there in April.

:D

If you could take pictures that would be awesome! ;) Very disappointed in the lack of reviews and pictures from the first 2 sailings after the big refurb.

• 2 weeks later...

1. we need to all sound off when in the bar and thank them for stepping in the right direction.

2. seek out the bev manager and explain how excited you are and then make recommendations

3. this is a whole sight better then before

4. royal carribean is now carrying Chimey blue in the pub so rarer samuel adams like the Imperial white. I sail in four days and will report from the voyager

I have been speaking out to bev managers for years and it is slowing paying off

Couple that with the outrageous price for some of them, which comes out to nearly £10 for a bottle I can buy in the UK for much less even after it's been shipped from the US or Australia to the UK, and its back to coffee for me.:(

I agree ... Not a very good list if you are really looking for craft beer,but better than most. The cruise lines have to buy in bulk for the ship so too many good craft beers would sellout the first night...too small

Amen! DH brews his own and we both volunteer at our local craft brewer in Ft. Worth. We are beyond excited for the Michael's selection. A nice step in the right direction IMHO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I somehow failed to take a photo of the beer price list, but here are photos of the beer available on the Silhouette on the May 18, 2012 Italy and Croatia cruise. Leffe Blonde was $5, which is comparable to US prices (but I know, way way more than it is in Belgium!).

Beer photos

I was unable to partake in these this trip due to a mostly gluten free diet :-(