Safe Cruise Parking-Miami

wilinisa

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. all is good. Shuttle is very very efficient and short waits. On the return there is a gentleman walking on the sidewalk at the port looking for people wearing the sticker you are given upon arrival to the lot. He directs you to your shuttle and off you go.

The area is like most of the area around the port, "shady":rolleyes: The lot is fenced and sits directly under the Dolphin expressway. (395 i believe it is)

A lot of newer vehicles in the lot... mercedes, lexus, Bmw .... My wife and I joked that it looked staged. There was even a large RV in the lot when we were there.

Only issue we had was upon departing the port the driver had us get in the van while he loaded our luggage. When we returned the lot we discovered he left a bag at the port. We were very fortunate to drive back to the port and find our bag sitting on the sidewalk. The guy that walks the sidewalk looking for the stickers noticed us and asked what happened. We told him and he was not to happy with the driver as he called him on his phone and was yelling in Spanish. Accidents happen.

We will use them again.

Yes the shuttle drivers are safe. No issues on safety at all!

Just make sure you watch your luggage go inside the trailer or the back of van. It does get hectic with people coming and going and your luggage can get mixed up / lost in the shuffle.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes the shuttle drivers are safe. No issues on safety at all!

Just make sure you watch your luggage go inside the trailer or the back of van. It does get hectic with people coming and going and your luggage can get mixed up / lost in the shuffle.

What time did you get to the parking lot? Do you know if the shuttles run early? Looking at the map it looks very close to the port.

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

No way in hell would I EVER leave a vehicle in a lot under the Dolphin Expressway. No. Way.

Miami is an insane, crooked, crime ridden city with about a quarter of the population being illegal aliens with a corrupt police force. I am not exaggerating.

Edited by BlueHerons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my first cruise out of the Port of Miami and had booked a reservation at safecruiseparking.com after researching alternate parking to the Port of Miami. I was willing to take a gamble to get some cheaper parking vs. paying the $20 / day at the port.

I put the address from the website in my GPS after arriving in the Miami area. As I followed the directions I started becoming uneasy of the area where my GPS was leading me. :confused:

As with most large cities there are good areas and bad areas - this particular lot qualifies in my mind as a bad area. My reason for writing isn't to persuade people to not park here but to just simply provide information so they can make their own decision.

It is a parking lot under the expressway and it does have an iron fence surrounding it. As I drove down the street I slowed down and looked at the parking lot but my wife was too nervous to actually pull in due to the surrounding neighborhood. They may have a security guard and large fence but it wasn't enough to persuade me to park there with my wife and two children under the age of 10. Perhaps I was being too cautious but it just didn't seem worth the gamble anymore after viewing it and the surrounding area even though I had prepaid a non-refundable fee for 4 nights. In my mind it was worth it to loose the prepaid fee of $7.99 / day and pay the $20 / day fee at the port if that says anything. It was just my gut feeling at the time. There were plenty of cars parked there so I assume it would be ok but it didn't pass my own "peace of mind" threshold.

After returning home I checked my CC statement and found out not only had my account been charged for the $7.99 / day fee but there was also a 2nd "mystery" charge for the same day for the same paypal/company account for $102. I of course have called my CC company to object to the 2nd $102 fee but am willing to take the loss for the fee I agreed to for $7.99/night according to their terms. This in my mind is now puts this company in a bad light and I won't use them in the future but that is just me and my experience.

If you are really curious about the surrounding area before you book you can put their address into google maps and then to a street view of the surrounding streets to get an idea of the area. I wish I had done that initially vs. after the fact - it appears to be light industrial/warehouse type area with some housing complexes scattered around. It was the people wandering the street randomly yelling and peering at us as we went through the stop signs and stop lights that likely put us on edge more than the actual location.

Happy cruising everyone.

Edited by dpearso5

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my first cruise out of the Port of Miami and had booked a reservation at safecruiseparking.com after researching alternate parking to the Port of Miami. I was willing to take a gamble to get some cheaper parking vs. paying the $20 / day at the port.

I put the address from the website in my GPS after arriving in the Miami area. As I followed the directions I started becoming uneasy of the area where my GPS was leading me. :confused:

As with most large cities there are good areas and bad areas - this particular lot qualifies in my mind as a bad area. My reason for writing isn't to persuade people to not park here but to just simply provide information so they can make their own decision.

It is a parking lot under the expressway and it does have an iron fence surrounding it. As I drove down the street I slowed down and looked at the parking lot but my wife was too nervous to actually pull in due to the surrounding neighborhood. They may have a security guard and large fence but it wasn't enough to persuade me to park there with my wife and two children under the age of 10. Perhaps I was being too cautious but it just didn't seem worth the gamble anymore after viewing it and the surrounding area even though I had prepaid a non-refundable fee for 4 nights. In my mind it was worth it to loose the prepaid fee of $7.99 / day and pay the $20 / day fee at the port if that says anything. It was just my gut feeling at the time. There were plenty of cars parked there so I assume it would be ok but it didn't pass my own "peace of mind" threshold.

After returning home I checked my CC statement and found out not only had my account been charged for the $7.99 / day fee but there was also a 2nd "mystery" charge for the same day for the same paypal/company account for $102. I of course have called my CC company to object to the 2nd $102 fee but am willing to take the loss for the fee I agreed to for $7.99/night according to their terms. This in my mind is now puts this company in a bad light and I won't use them in the future but that is just me and my experience.

If you are really curious about the surrounding area before you book you can put their address into google maps and then to a street view of the surrounding streets to get an idea of the area. I wish I had done that initially vs. after the fact - it appears to be light industrial/warehouse type area with some housing complexes scattered around. It was the people wandering the street randomly yelling and peering at us as we went through the stop signs and stop lights that likely put us on edge more than the actual location.

Happy cruising everyone.

You are very smart.

The parking lot is in a bad area.

• 3 months later...
You are very smart.

The parking lot is in a bad area.

The Port of Miami is in a bad area... Miami! But this is where my ships sails from this time (not my choice, but I will go along) and I'm not all that happy about it. I MUCH prefer Port Canaveral or Port Everglades - if only my ship sailed from either of those or even Port of Tampa!!

• 2 months later...

My husband and I used Safe Cruise Parking when we left Miami on a 7 day cruise on Dec 1, 2013. It was quick and easy to check in. In contrast I noticed another open parking lot near by that had a TON of cars in line waiting to get in. The line circled the block. I was very happy I wasn't booked there as the wait seemed very long - just to get into the lot! You can reserve in advance online at http://www.safecruiseparking.com/ and pay too. We arrived around 12 noon and were taken right away by shuttle to the port. We did drop our bags off at the port in advance. On the return - we called when we exited the ship and were told the van would be by in about 15 minutes. We were off the ship early - around 8:30 am so we decided not to wait and grabbed a taxi for about $10. It was worth it to beat the crowds. We were on the road by 8:45! The daily fee was $7.99 per day plus a .60 port fee ($8.59 total) and it INCLUDES the shuttle which is a nice benefit. Our total bill for the 7 day cruise was $60.13. They are open 24 hours so you can arrive at any time and the lot does had a locked gate that I presume is used during the night. We had no problems with our car. You do NOT leave your keys. It was a very good experience for us.

We used Port of Miami Cruise Park at 150 south 7th street in early december. Fenced lot, good price, no problems. The $5 shuttle can take a while. We rode the shuttle to the port and took a taxi back. Next time would just do the taxi both ways. I would use them again no questions asked. Bill

Does ANYBODY pay the $20 per day parking fee in Miami??? I have read line after line of everyone talking about saving money and parking in less than desirable parking lots. I would rather pay the $20/ day than deal with all the headaches of waiting on shuttles and shady business transactions,,,,

Is this an option or are the $20/ day lot just as shady?? Please help!!!!

And is it like Port Canaveral where u can just walk from the parking garage to the port check- in area?

Any help and clarification would be great!

I've parked at Port of Miami numerous times, it's expensive,but safe,

your car is in a garage. Just walk across the street to cruise terminal. Easy in & out, no waiting or fears. I had a bad experience using a "cheap lot" in Ft. Lauderdale. Not worth the worry,all week, and the damage to my car upon my return.:(

• 2 months later...

We park at the Port of Miami all the time. We consider it safe. And convenient. Just walk across the road to your ship. On your way at the end of your cruise however early you wish.

One time DH left something on in our car and our battery was dead. A Security Vehicle came by in less than 5 minutes to give us a charge. $20 a day .... so what? You'll have no hastle and no worries.

:)

Is there anyone that can post some up to date comments on parking at the port in Miami please. Most of all that is here is old and give you mixed feelings about all the parking. Thanks to all for any help.

Agreed. Sadly, most of the informative posts are fairly old; and, at least one is very dogmatic.

There has to be somewhere to park that is safe other then the the $20 a day at the port or you would think that these other lots would be out of business by.

They do go out of business. And then they just change their names.