Cabin Choice on Viking Longboat help needed

new2cruise

We have to make a decision on a cabin on a Viking longboat. We are going to be in the Main (lowest) deck. Our choices are 107,109, and 113. Does it make a difference? Is there more engine noise/vibration towards the back of the ship?

Thanks for your help!

We stayed on the main deck....I would pick the cabin closest to the main stairs up to the reception area....It is just more convenient but really no big deal. We didn't hear a lot of engine noise or feel much vibration at all....If they rub up against a lock, and they most certainly will, everybody will feel that....but again it is no big deal. Have a great trip. BTW, the cabins on the main deck are actually a little larger than the ones with French balconies.

We are just back from the Forseti, our cabin was on the lowest deck. We heard no engine noise or felt vibrations, but you do hear the water sloshing on the sides, not that it bothered us, it just is not total silence. You do hear sounds from going into locks, as I am sure everyone else does as well. My husband is a light sleeper, so it would awaken him, I, on the other hand, slept through everything. Enjoy your cruise!

Just returned from the Grand European tour on the Odin. We were on the lowest level. Can't remember the room number, but we were on the left side of the ship in the center.

To me the noise was horrible. Mostly from passing boats. i thought it sounded like a 747 passing by. I had to use ear plugs which helped some.

My husband was not bothered. Said it was white noise to him.

I wonder if we were on the right side of the boat if the noise would have been less since the passing boats wouldn't be heard as much.

Just returned from the Grand European tour on the Odin. We were on the lowest level. Can't remember the room number, but we were on the left side of the ship in the center.

To me the noise was horrible. Mostly from passing boats. i thought it sounded like a 747 passing by. I had to use ear plugs which helped some.

My husband was not bothered. Said it was white noise to him.

I wonder if we were on the right side of the boat if the noise would have been less since the passing boats wouldn't be heard as much.

We were on the right side and I had to use ear plugs all the time too.

Edited by id est

Just off the Viking Magni. Cabin 217 right hand side in the middle area. Virtually no ship engine noise, a bit of water sounds.......after all we were on a boat. We had a balcony with our door open a bit most of the time.......some noise from river traffic but not bothersome, Some noise in the locks....some more than others. No noise on docking or leaving from dock

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Forums mobile app