Seattle Hotel Question

Nator72

I checked a few of the threads and couldn't find an answer to my question. I apologize if this has been covered already. Are there any hotels with shuttles (hopefully complimentary) that will pick you up from the airport and then take you to the cruise port the next day?

Do you want to stay downtown or near SeaTac? Downtown Seattle and SeaTac are far apart, and I'm not aware of any downtown hotels that will pick you up at the airport for free and then shuttle you over to the port for free.

Here's what I did last year - booked rooms at the Doubletree at SeaTac and used their complimentary shuttle to get from the airport to the hotel. Made reservations online with Seattle Express. The Doubletree is one of their pick up points. It was $12 per person and took us to Pier 91.

There is a light rail station at the airport if you want to stay in that area but want to sightsee downtown. I'm sure others will come along and post their suggestions. I've given up on staying downtown. I've done it a few times, but now with rooms $300-400 per night, it's beyond my budget.

Roz

From everything I have read no hotels at or near airport will provide free shuttle to port. They only provide shuttle to airport. Also we are staying downtown hotel and they do not provide free shuttle; basically we will either arrange for paid transport, taxi or uber.

The Inn at the Market has a package that includes complimentary airport pickup and transportation to the hotel. Depending on which location your ship departs from, taxi fare would be $10-$20 from the hotel to the port. If you can afford to stay in downtown Seattle during the summer you’re probably not too concerned about transportation expenses.

• 2 weeks later...
The Hampton Inn downtown 5th Ave has a $7 shuttle to the terminal you sign up for a time when you arrive. No airport to hire shuttle though.

This hotel is like 2 blocks from Pioneer Square Link Station. Direct to/from airport. Land @ SEA -> walk to link -. exit @ Pioneer Square and walk to hotel. Notes there is a long escalator @ Pioneer Square and if you use the furthest north escalator it is narrow. Look up at tall Columbia tower and wave at the 14th floor. that's my office ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Updating my question:

We've decided to do one night in Seattle pre-cruise and then 3 nights in Seattle post-cruise for sight-seeing.

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise hotel near the airport? I'd like one that is a shuttle stop location for pier 66 cruises. Since we've never been to Seattle, I'd like to make this as easy as possible. So either a shuttle or uber would be good.

Updating my question:

We've decided to do one night in Seattle pre-cruise and then 3 nights in Seattle post-cruise for sight-seeing.

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise hotel near the airport? I'd like one that is a shuttle stop location for pier 66 cruises. Since we've never been to Seattle, I'd like to make this as easy as possible. So either a shuttle or uber would be good.

Most of the hotel chains are right at the airport; so if you have hotel points you may want to use them. There is a Doubletree, HIlton, I have stayed at both of them; I have also stayed at the Crown Plaza at the airport. You may want to look at hotels by southcenter; which is a shopping center. They provide free shuttles to and from airport; and may be a little closer to the port.

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise hotel near the airport? I'd like one that is a shuttle stop location for pier 66 cruises.

Sleep Inn - cheap, clean, free brekkie, shuttle pickup. And while a bit out of the way for coming downtown to sightsee (free hotel shuttle to airport to light rail to downtown ~an hour each way), if you now have 3 days post-cruise to do that from a more central location less of an issue.

Thank you. I know I have plenty of time to research this information (sailing on the Bliss one year from today), but I tend to get a little antsy. My husband said he doesn't want to hear anything about our Alaskan cruise until after we've gotten back from the Hawaii trip we're taking next week. LOL!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This hotel is like 2 blocks from Pioneer Square Link Station. Direct to/from airport. Land @ SEA -> walk to link -. exit @ Pioneer Square and walk to hotel. Notes there is a long escalator @ Pioneer Square and if you use the furthest north escalator it is narrow. Look up at tall Columbia tower and wave at the 14th floor. that's my office ;)

Looking at a map, its more like 2 miles. Is there a closer station to the Hampton Inn on 5th?