welheh2014

welheh2014

We are booked on the island princess on Mar 17 Panama cruise. We have cruised before & I thought dress shorts for men were allowed in the dining rooms on smart casual nights? I may be wrong. I realize it states casual pants. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks

It could depend on the cruise line involved, but have never heard of shorts allowed in the main dining room for dinner.

Double check on the Princess board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

When we last sailed on Princess, shorts were not allowed in the Dining Room for dinner.

Edited by CruiserBruce

It could depend on the cruise line involved, but have never heard of shorts allowed in the main dining room for dinner.

Double check on the Princess board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

When we last sailed on Princess, shorts were not allowed in the Dining Room for dinner.

I know this thread is asking about Princess, but just an FYI, Disney now allows shorts for dinner in the dining rooms.

We are booked on the island princess on Mar 17 Panama cruise. We have cruised before & I thought dress shorts for men were allowed in the dining rooms on smart casual nights? I may be wrong. I realize it states casual pants. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks

Shorts were not allowed on our most recent Princess cruise in the MDR. Long slacks and collared shirts were what the code said

Next time you post, put your question the title box. You'll get more answers because people will know what your asking. CC puts your 'name' there if you don't have a question there!

And, Carnival allows shorts in the MDR any time. On Celebrity men must wear a jacket on formal nights.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Next time you post, put your question the title box. You'll get more answers because people will know what your asking. CC puts your 'name' there if you don't have a question there!

And, ! Carnival allows shorts in the MDR any time ! . On Celebrity men must wear a jacket on formal nights.

Another reason to pass on carnival..

We've been going on Princess since 2003 and all that time, shorts is not considered "smart casual." If someone wants to wear shorts to dinner, they can go to the Horizon Court, or get food from the International Cafe in the Piazza (the bottom deck of the Grand Atrium) or from the poolside pizzeria or grill, and still get a good meal even when not dressed up.