Museum tickets in Florence

ZellaLamb

Has anyone been to the museums in Florence in a scooter? I know that tickets are free for the disabled and one other person but is that the case if you aren't an EU citizen? Also, do we have to reserve the tickets in advance?

Unless you want to wait in line for hours, it's necessary to get time stamped tickets that you purchase early. Some of the museums aren't totally accessible and many times the elevators don't work. Unless they changed things, there was a step into the Academia for the David statue.

• 2 years later...
Thanks Darcie. I do think that I've read that there is a ramp, albeit steep one.

I'm bumping this up in the hope that someone will know that answers to my questions.

Did you get answers to your questions and/or have you already cruised? We are leaving June 21st.

Did you get answers to your questions and/or have you already cruised? We are leaving June 21st.

I visited the Accademia last November in a wheelchair (manual). They take you in through the exit and I think there is just a small lip there. I don't remember it being a problem. We reserved the tickets in advance on-line (there was a fee for the reservation, but not for the tickets). When we got to the museum, they refunded the reservation fee. The same thing happened at the Uffizi.

I visited the Accademia last November in a wheelchair (manual). They take you in through the exit and I think there is just a small lip there. I don't remember it being a problem. We reserved the tickets in advance on-line (there was a fee for the reservation, but not for the tickets). When we got to the museum, they refunded the reservation fee. The same thing happened at the Uffizi.

Thanks so much for the information. I wondered if they would refund the fee if we purchased online.