Never too old!

Musicus

Dear Pat, Egon and Steve,

I cared for my brain injured wife for 12 years and can understand what you are all experiencing.

Our wishes go to Egon for a speedy recovery, and our blessings to Steve and Pat for helping him and keeping us all up to date.

Dear Pat, Egon and Steve,

I cared for my brain injured wife for 12 years and can understand what you are all experiencing.

Our wishes go to Egon for a speedy recovery, and our blessings to Steve and Pat for helping him and keeping us all up to date.

You made me smile today and for that I say thank you and bless your heart! Egon visits me every day and he is such a special friend. Steve is a wonderful, caring son.

Merry Christmas!

Its wonderful to hear that Egon is settling into his new home, Happiest of Holidays to him and Steve! Has he started to get the cards we at CC have sent?

He hasn't said anything. I will ask. I am hoping that he has. Christmas cards would really be nice, as well as New Years. Thanks all!!!:):):)

As always, Thank you yellow bird for the updates.

I've also started another live. Leaving in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thank you Mr. Sun! I am loving all of your live reports. Looking forward to travelling along (again). Just recently found them. Happy sailing!

So pleased to read Egon's lengthy and articulate 'report'. I can relate to what he is saying as my sister spent two years in a residential home after her third stroke. Many of his frustrations were hers too, but Egon so impresses us with his positive and clear-minded outlook. May things only get better.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Egon has been accused of driving his scooter too fast! Good for him - let 'er rip! As my husband is 13 years older than I and has to endure more than his fare share of teasing about getting old, he always tells me that when he has to go to "the home" it had better have a garage for his sports car.

Egon is so young at heart, and truly an inspiration.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Egon has been accused of driving his scooter too fast! Good for him - let 'er rip! As my husband is 13 years older than I and has to endure more than his fare share of teasing about getting old, he always tells me that when he has to go to "the home" it had better have a garage for his sports car.

Egon is so young at heart, and truly an inspiration.

He sure is an inspiration! If you only knew some of the stuff that he sends me. There is nothing slowing down in either equator!!!:D

Edited by yellowbird23

That is very disappointing.....I mailed 2 myself

I hope more cards start showing up. I have seen it take two weeks to send a letter from Montana to Vancouver, BC. I don't know if it went the long way to get there or was left sitting somewhere for a while.

I have been here less a two weeks and I am comfortable in my apartment. It is on the top (4th) floor, close to the elevator, the laundry and the recycling/garbage rooms - an ideal location since the other apartments are much further away to the end of a long corridor. On Mondays two cleaning ladies do their thing and they are pretty thorough.

There is a talking information center which gives you menus for the day as well as daily activities (It has also a volume control). The same panel has also a bright red panic button, which I accidentally touched while groping in the night for the light switch - It worked! Two ladies appeared shortly to the startled me in pajamas. Of course they wouldn't stay to sing me a lullaby!

The food is very good. I have dinner there, and there are always two choices. Breakfast and Lunch I prepare in the apartment. But it's at 5pm sharp which forces me to have my happy hour at 4.30 - kind of crimps my style. Since I have a apartment I have the sign for the meals - as opposed to the majority of people who take all the meals there. I share the table with two fellows, one does mostly talk to himself, and the other is kind of a busy body and knows a lot of what is going on. He says, there at 92 people at the dinner table there, 62 of them with walkers or electrical chairs. He also once told me that some ladies where upset because the only time I have used the Scooter so far, I drove it too fast - that they can even forbid its use - he is, as I said, a busy body. Looking around I try to detect people with animation and hopefully beautiful faces, but I come away with a feeling that there are many worse off than I am.

I have taken to playing the piano of dinner for a little while, and those they know it, gather around appreciatively. But I am experiencing a deficit in playing, some times I can't remember the beginning, the middle or the end of a tune -I doubt that the listeners notice as I am pretty good at "faking". But I do hope that the memory comes back in time, as also my lack of speech which prevent me of making acquaintances.

On the health matters, it is my back that gives me a lot of trouble. I am slated to have a bone scan Dec 10 to ascertain what is wrong. And I have an appointment with two doctors at The Cancer Clinic in Sudbury which is some 70M from North Bay. I write about these in my next report.

I am still taking speech therapy every two weeks. The town has a "Para-Bus" which takes me to the hospital pretty far away, for less than it would cost to drive; but you have to order it two days ahead which limits its usefulness. I am acutely aware (and hate) of this dependency because Steve has always to take me otherwise and often speaks for me. I am really sorry to add to the workload he has with his business. He never complains. But my life would be dismal without the help he gives me.

1659 people have clicked on this site since I posted this last update. Still only 4 cards sent!

I just spoke to Egon on the phone and he sounds wonderful! His voice is clear and deep German accent. He seems very "up". It was great to actually hear him. He has been sending me a lot of "flash mob" videos, which I greatly appreciate, helping me to get into the spirit. All cards have been appreciated, although very few. His gift to me is loving life!:D:D:D