Which Ships have Cove Balconies?

NorthTXRanchers

I really am not sure if I would like one of these COVE balconies. Looks really odd. We have always had a balcony and love to be close to the Lido deck.

I guess the question is what is so special about them???? except for being really close to the water.

I really am not sure if I would like one of these COVE balconies. Looks really odd. We have always had a balcony and love to be close to the Lido deck.

I guess the question is what is so special about them???? except for being really close to the water.

They do provide a feeling of a bit more privacy. You can yell at pier runners:D And when the weather is rough, they don't rock n roll as much as upper deck cabins.

yeah but if the weather is rough they come and board up your door and you can't even sit on the balcony.....wouldn't like that I don't think.... especially if it took them half a day to come back and open you back up again.

Search the threads for "cove balcony" and you'll find that a large percentage of these folks love these cabins and some prefer them to the regular ones.

I talked to someone who was in a Cove balcony during a rough sea ride (20 foot swells) and they said there was some spray (they were toward the bow of the ship) but nobody ever came to board them up ... in fact they said the crew was super good about coming in every day to clean the glass and deck of salt. :)

Post cruise, I'll do a report back as to whether we liked the new cove balcony or not.

• 2 years later...
I'm booking a Cove Balcony for a trip on the Dream but am wondering if other ships (Carnival or any other lines) also have these discounted, but nice, cabin options.

Thanks!

Hi Robin,

I know it's been awhile but how did you like staying in a "cove" balcony. I'm thinking of trying one, but I'm not sure if we"ll like it.

Before booking a Cove balcony just make sure you are aware of what is on the deck above you. When I was researching them a few weeks ago I found several threads and reviews that stated the galley was above them and that there was terrible noise all through the night.

Before booking a Cove balcony just make sure you are aware of what is on the deck above you. When I was researching them a few weeks ago I found several threads and reviews that stated the galley was above them and that there was terrible noise all through the night.

OK, thanks Donna. What kind of cabin do you have booked for the Dream in May? I know that this is one of the ships that they are available on and I was thinking of trying one. Have you cruised in one yet?

Thanks,

Sandra

Hey, Sun Lover, I have a cove booked on the Dream for May, 2014. You do need to look at the deck above them so that you know what you will be under. I am mid ship, under the Crimson dining room, so I shouldn't need to worry about noise. Some are under the Galley and might be noisy. I have read great reviews and am looking forward to sailing in them.

We are going on the Carnival Dream in 4 weeks in a cove balcony with the guest relations desk above us. I'll review when we get back.

Thanks Tigereye and REL, I'll look forward to reading your reviews on the cove balcony. I've read good reviews on them, I'm just not sure about being on such a low deck to get one. All of our other cruises have been regular, mid-ship balconies on the 6, 7, 8, & 9th decks.

We will have one on the Magic in January 2014, Port side, mid ship - right by the elevators.

We're really excited about trying one. The cheaper price is a good incentive to try it also - and still have a balcony. We've only had a balcony on the 7th floor, near the back.

I'll try to remember to get back on this thread then, and let everyone know how we liked it.

Cruised in balconies on several other lines. Cruised now twice in a Cove and will not go up if I have the option for a cove. Love it. Cove balcony is now part of my equation when booking a cruise. Not a must have, but certainly adds some weight. My upcoming Breeze cruise was decided because of a cove, beating another cruise line.

Edited by Tutankhamen

OK, thanks Donna. What kind of cabin do you have booked for the Dream in May? I know that this is one of the ships that they are available on and I was thinking of trying one. Have you cruised in one yet?

Thanks,

Sandra

I haven't cruised with Carnival since 2006 so I haven't sailed in one. I thought that I wanted the Cove Balcony to be closer to the water so I researched them. I looked at the spa balconies as well and actually booked one of them but I finally decided on an aft extended balcony after reading reviews on the ones that were open on the Vista deck. The one I booked is next to the aft wrap and is bigger than the standard one. I have had aft balconies on two other cruises and love the view from there and listening to the water. Good luck in finding your perfect cabin.

We are going on the Carnival Dream in 4 weeks in a cove balcony with the guest relations desk above us. I'll review when we get back.

Last year we were in 2284 cove balcony and no noise from above or below, great location and the coves are so private. This year I booked late and had to chance with 2397 which what research I found a person told me that stayed in this room said it was quiet. We will see because it is below the galley but most complaints come from the back of the boat. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Hey, Sun Lover, I have a cove booked on the Dream for May, 2014. You do need to look at the deck above them so that you know what you will be under. I am mid ship, under the Crimson dining room, so I shouldn't need to worry about noise. Some are under the Galley and might be noisy. I have read great reviews and am looking forward to sailing in them.

I ran across this thread as I was searching for other ships that have cove balconies. I cruised in October 2013 on the Dream. Loved, loved, LOVED the cove balcony. We ran into a couple of storms during our 7 days with 6-8 ft waves and while the others were stuck inside I sat outside on my balcony watching the storm. Without getting a drop of water on me. The lifeboats above blocked the blowing rain, along with the full sun during the day. Like your upcoming cruise, we were mid-ship but between both dining rooms. Nice and quiet. If you're a sun lover it may not be for you, but it was always nice and cool with a little shade. In no way was our view hindered by the cove balcony. We actually did a cabin crawl and got to see a regular balcony and a spa balcony. It really looked like the cove balconies are just a little bit larger. Plus more private - when I was sitting out there drinking my coffee and breakfast each morning, no one could see me in my jammies. :o Unlike a some of the other balconies that overlook the decks below. The Dream is moving from Port Canaveral to New Orleans next spring . . . and since I'm researching a cruise for next fall - a ship with a cove balcony will be high on my list.