Breakaway - large balcony mini suite deck 8

trrrip

Hi all,

Just booking the Getaway (which I understand is like the Breakaway) for this summer and thought large balcony mini suite looks good. However a bit concerned that it is over the theatre. We are going on this cruise to chill out before city tours of Miami and Washington DC and will probably be "early bedders" first few days and don't want to be kept awake with theatre. Does anyone have experience of these suites on the Breakaway, is the noise excessive. Maybe large balcony cabin although a bit smaller inside on Deck 9 might be better. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks.

PS - Just love NCL - so much more relaxed than other cruise lines.

Hi all,

Just booking the Getaway (which I understand is like the Breakaway) for this summer and thought large balcony mini suite looks good. However a bit concerned that it is over the theatre. We are going on this cruise to chill out before city tours of Miami and Washington DC and will probably be "early bedders" first few days and don't want to be kept awake with theatre. Does anyone have experience of these suites on the Breakaway, is the noise excessive. Maybe large balcony cabin although a bit smaller inside on Deck 9 might be better. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks.

PS - Just love NCL - so much more relaxed than other cruise lines.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....go for it. We had 3 of them right in a row. It was amazing...wonderful.....perfect. The balconies are 107 sq. ft., as opposed to 37sq. ft. 2/3rds of the balcony was exposed to the sun and 1/3 was covered for NO sun and privacy.

I am telling you...no I PROMISE you...no noise at all. You are not directly over the theatre....it is more forward.

I did not find the cabin small at all. The bathroom shower is twice as big as the other balcony cabins and it has double sinks. :o We had cabins 8716, 8718 and 8720.....if this helps any.

Laughing...I just realized it seemed small because we squeezed 3 adults and a 9 year old in there! We were in 8728.

Edited by vllygrrl

I picked deck 8 on Getaway thinking it would be easier to get around/across the ship with the waterfront right there. Glad to hear the rooms and balconies are as nice as they look.

Hope Getaway will have loungers to enjoy the long sunny space.