All Things Splendor

If you like latin music, the Latina Fiesta show is a must-see (if they still have it). The FIRST pool party is the best so don't miss it. The last time we went, they had 2 pool parties back to back and the turnout wasn't good at the second night.

The midnight Mexican buffet is aweome (I think it's on the second pool party night). The Indian place (Tabdoor, I believe) is great if you like Indian food. Don't miss the rotisserie place cuz it's sorta hidden and many people don't even know it exists.

Do NOT purchase any city tour excursions at PV -- they are more like shopping tours, mostly taking you to pre-determined placed to shop. Not much sight seeing. Get a cab for a few bucks and go to the Malecon and explore it yourself.

Check out my Splendor videos when you get a chance. The link is below.

Mathgeek,

Your videos for the Splendor are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing them with everyone. Just hearing the music makes you feel like you are onboard!

I agree the OPEN AFT DESIGN is what makes the SPLENDOR a must do. Reminds me of my favorite class the SPIRIT class. There are also pics of the SPLENDOR in my WEBSHOTS (below).

Not sure if they're still onboard, but the rock bank VOODOO was super spectacular. The lead singer doing Janis Joplin's songs was an exact duplicate of her voice and style.:)

Greatest embarcation area Carnival has, IMHO. :D

Great pictures thanks so much!

I agree the OPEN AFT DESIGN is what makes the SPLENDOR a must do. Reminds me of my favorite class the SPIRIT class. There are also pics of the SPLENDOR in my WEBSHOTS (below).

Not sure if they're still onboard, but the rock bank VOODOO was super spectacular. The lead singer doing Janis Joplin's songs was an exact duplicate of her voice and style.:)

Greatest embarcation area Carnival has, IMHO. :D

Thank you! Love, love, love your pictures! I can't get over how large the Splendor is. How many Serenity adult areas are there?

Thank you! Love, love, love your pictures! I can't get over how large the Splendor is. How many Serenity adult areas are there?

There is one Serenity Deck area -- on the back of the ship, both sides of the ship. The pool and hot tubs in the Lido Liner area on the aft of deck 9 are adults only, but not a "Serenity" deck.

There is one Serenity Deck area -- on the back of the ship, both sides of the ship. The pool and hot tubs in the Lido Liner area on the aft of deck 9 are adults only, but not a "Serenity" deck.

Our cruise is in December and I hope the weather is nice because I'm sure I saw a chair with my name one it. What a beautiful ship.

If you like latin music, the Latina Fiesta show is a must-see (if they still have it). The FIRST pool party is the best so don't miss it. The last time we went, they had 2 pool parties back to back and the turnout wasn't good at the second night.

The midnight Mexican buffet is aweome (I think it's on the second pool party night). The Indian place (Tabdoor, I believe) is great if you like Indian food. Don't miss the rotisserie place cuz it's sorta hidden and many people don't even know it exists.

Do NOT purchase any city tour excursions at PV -- they are more like shopping tours, mostly taking you to pre-determined placed to shop. Not much sight seeing. Get a cab for a few bucks and go to the Malecon and explore it yourself.

Check out my Splendor videos when you get a chance. The link is below.

I really like your videos. What kind of video camera do you use? After watching your videos, I'm not sure if I can wait to cruise until December.

I really like your videos. What kind of video camera do you use? After watching your videos, I'm not sure if I can wait to cruise until December.

Thanks, and I am glad you enjoy the videos.

I use a Panasonic H60P with 50X zoom and a built-in 60 gig hard drive. For editing, I use Magix Pro 15. However, Magix is a sorta geeky kind of software that is NOT user-friendly. It's sorta hard to use, but the results are great.

I use a Panasonic H60P with 50X zoom and a built-in 60 gig hard drive. For editing, I use Magix Pro 15. However, Magix is a sorta geeky kind of software that is NOT user-friendly. It's sorta hard to use, but the results are great.

I would love to watch your videos but it is not available to me. Sure wish we could get Broadband in upstate New York. They have it in third world countries, but not NY. I would love to be able to watch U tube....AOL dialup is pretty slow, but not as slow as the only broadband company available to us. A monopoly to say the least. Hughes.net is so bad, when I was trying to upload pictures from my cruise to the web. 5 pictures took 4 hours and 15 minutes on hughes.net broadband. I hooked my laptop to AOL dial up and it uploaded the same pictures in 57 minutes. So why did we pay hughes.net $2100.00 last year for service that is slower than dialup?? Because the commercials are so convincing we think it will get better.

Some businessman could make a killing here providing Broadband, and if Hughes.net knew there was another provider, they won't be able to charge us the money they do. Good thing is we cruise and my pictures that upload on Hughes.net Broadband at 16 kb/s, uploaded on the ships broadband at 900 kb/s ...and people complain the ship internet is slow...if they only knew.

Edited by David-n-Rita

I would love to watch your videos but it is not available to me. Sure wish we could get Broadband in upstate New York. They have it in third world countries, but not NY. I would love to be able to watch U tube....AOL dialup is pretty slow, but not as slow as the only broadband company available to us. A monopoly to say the least. Hughes.net is so bad, when I was trying to upload pictures from my cruise to the web. 5 pictures took 4 hours and 15 minutes on hughes.net broadband. I hooked my laptop to AOL dial up and it uploaded the same pictures in 57 minutes. So why did we pay hughes.net $2100.00 last year for service that is slower than dialup?? Because the commercials are so convincing we think it will get better.

Some businessman could make a killing here providing Broadband, and if Hughes.net knew there was another provider, they won't be able to charge us the money they do. Good thing is we cruise and my pictures that upload on Hughes.net Broadband at 16 kb/s, uploaded on the ships broadband at 900 kb/s ...and people complain the ship internet is slow...if they only knew.

So sorry that you have no broadband and cannot access you tube...

More good stuff about the Splendor:

It is one of the newer ships that has a digital safe in the room. No more messing around with credit card and magnetic stripes which often cause problems.

CIMG0231.jpg

It has a fridge which serves as the mini-bar. You can ask the room steward to remove the contents and use it as a personal fridge. However, it is only good for keeping cold stuff cold, and it takes a while to cool warm beverages. It's better to use ice to cool your drinks first then put them in the fridge.

CIMG0233.jpg

I really should take a class to learn how to do this. I love watching yours...keep up the awesome work! Thank you for taking the time to post them.

It has a fridge which serves as the mini-bar. You can ask the room steward to remove the contents and use it as a personal fridge. However, it is only good for keeping cold stuff cold, and it takes a while to cool warm beverages. It's better to use ice to cool your drinks first then put them in the fridge.

:confused: So I gather all the cabins (even Insides) have refrigs. in them? If so....way cooooooool! :cool: No Pun intended!

Was on the Splendor last May. It only took me 6 days to figure this one out but I'll be using it next month:

When exiting the Gold Pearl dining room continue through the Robusto Lounge all the way to the rear right hand side. Exit the lounge and contine walking down a hallway until you see a set of stairs. Take those stairs and you will be on the deck above at the Coffee Shop / Tapas Bar.

You can also take this way in as well and avoid all the crowding on the stairs waiting to get in.

Was on the Splendor last May. It only took me 6 days to figure this one out but I'll be using it next month:

When exiting the Gold Pearl dining room continue through the Robusto Lounge all the way to the rear right hand side. Exit the lounge and contine walking down a hallway until you see a set of stairs. Take those stairs and you will be on the deck above at the Coffee Shop / Tapas Bar.

You can also take this way in as well and avoid all the crowding on the stairs waiting to get in.

Good to know we will be on her in Sept..I have heard from different sources that the ship can be difficult to find your way around..Thanks fo the info! have a good evening..Lis

:confused: So I gather all the cabins (even Insides) have refrigs. in them? If so....way cooooooool! :cool: No Pun intended!

Yes, according to Carnival's website, interior rooms also have fridges in them.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_splendor/default.aspx?shipCode=SL

Click on Virtual Tours and select Interior Stateroom.

And before I forget, the "secret door" is located on deck 6 and 7 (and another deck too, which I forgot), all the way forward. There's a side door to the left/right of the end of the aisle, and upon entering, you'll find another door that will lead you to the bow of the ship.

A peaceful and quiet place to relax and an absolutely awesome location to watch a sunrise or sunset.

And before I forget, the "secret door" is located on deck 6 and 7 (and another deck too, which I forgot), all the way forward. There's a side door to the left/right of the end of the aisle, and upon entering, you'll find another door that will lead you to the bow of the ship.

A peaceful and quiet place to relax and an absolutely awesome location to watch a sunrise or sunset.

Thanks! I hope I can find my way around because it sounds great. Are there chairs in this area?

Thanks! I hope I can find my way around because it sounds great. Are there chairs in this area?

There are 2 benches, and that's it. But there were hardly anybody there when we were there. Very few people know the place, hence the name "secret doors".

IMGA0504.jpg

we were assigned a table for 8 at the Black Pearl which was on the upper level & asked to be moved to a smaller table. The crew was very accommodating & moved us. I thought the decor was a bit off the wall (pepto bismal pink polka dots!)

100_5559.jpg.116f429d0f3fa331c4bcfacfbe58488a.jpg