Balmoral Park Nassau

jamscckmc

Anyone know anything about Balmoral Park opening in Nassau? I'm not even sure what it is.

Haven't heard an official name for it yet.. but the island which was Blackbeards Cay is supposed to be a new cruise park/beach at some point.

I don't see much activity on the island, which is shared by Sandals, so I have no idea whether it's moving forward, or when it might be opened.

This area is currently called Balmoral .. so it stands to reason they would keep the name.

Edited by scubagirrl

I will guess that you are referring to this article: http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/caribbean-warned-to-improve-product-or-lose-calls.html

I, too, am curious about Balmoral Park.

It's suppose to open in April. Going there the 1st. week of May, so we will see.

Edited by Skipbinner

• 3 months later...
Anyone visit? Hesitant to book excursion without any reviews. Price seems decent on Carnival's website.

haven't been out there yet, but it's the old Blackbeards Cay space that was updated by Carnival. Last I was there they had a great beach. If the price is right, I'd go for it.

The island is shared on the back side with Sandals.

Carnival's price for this beach is excursion is $50pp. That's for a chair on the beach and transportation. I wonder if you take a cab or the jitney if you can just pay a fee when you get there. The price seems steep to me just to sit on the beach with a chair... curious as to what's the draw...

Also the duration of the excursion is listed ONE HOUR. Obviously it has to be a mistake.. I hope...:D

I would love to hear some feedback from people who booked the excursion.

Edited by Aldeya

Carnival's price for this beach is excursion is $50pp. That's for a chair on the beach and transportation. I wonder if you take a cab or the jitney if you can just pay a fee when you get there. The price seems steep to me just to sit on the beach with a chair... curious as to what's the draw...

From researching, It is my understanding that it is a separate island requiring boat transport, though I could be wrong. So perhaps that is part of the reason for the escalated price.

Also the duration of the excursion is listed ONE HOUR. Obviously it has to be a mistake.. I hope...:D

I would love to hear some feedback from people who booked the excursion.

I noticed in fine print it states the excursion is at your own pace. So I assume you can stay as long as you want.

I noticed in fine print it states the excursion is at your own pace. So I assume you can stay as long as you want.

I saw the fine print but I don't think you can stay as long as you want if you want to use the same transportation to get back to the ship. I just hope someone gets back to us with information about this excursion.

Edited by Aldeya

and i see this excursion in the general listing of excursions but neither of my booked cruises in Oct or Dec which both stop at Nassau have Balmoral. is anyone seeing it specifically for their cruise dates?

and i see this excursion in the general listing of excursions but neither of my booked cruises in Oct or Dec which both stop at Nassau have Balmoral. is anyone seeing it specifically for their cruise dates?

It is available for our cruise in August.

• 2 weeks later...

It is on the list of excursion for my cruise first week of Sept. BUT time says 7:30 - 8:30. I think I will wait to we are on ship to find out more about it before I book it. Unless someone post before then.

Leaving in a couple days and we are able to book this excursion. We've been very curious about it but have not been able to get much information. Thinking we are going to buy the day pass at Sheraton due to lack of info but if we end up booking Balmoral instead on a whim (which is a pretty good possibility), I'll come back with pics and a review.

Leaving in a couple days and we are able to book this excursion. We've been very curious about it but have not been able to get much information. Thinking we are going to buy the day pass at Sheraton due to lack of info but if we end up booking Balmoral instead on a whim (which is a pretty good possibility), I'll come back with pics and a review.

Thanks, that would be great! :)