Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

I have been on the Norwegian Jewel: Separate Male, Female, Coed spa areas. Men’s area has a large Steam Room, Dry Sauna, Cold Plunge, Tropical Shower, Large Whirlpool, Exposed Showers, Private Showers, Lockers, Lounge Chairs and Big Screen TVs.

I have also been on the Norwegian Pearl: Separate Male, Female, Coed spa areas. Men’s area has a large Steam Room, Dry Sauna, Cold Plunge, Two Personal Sized Hot Tubs, Exposed Showers, Private Showers, Lockers and Lounge Chairs.

Both were awesome. The Jewel was the best. Does anyone know of a ship with a Men’s only Spa area, free or not that compares to these two ships now days?

If you are asking about NCL, The Pearl and the Gem are very similar. The Gem does not have the cold plunge pool however. I liked the Pearl and the Gem a lot. The Jewel class ships are the Jewel, Pearl, Jade, and Gem.

The Dawn and the Star also have the Spa areas. These ships are similar. The spa is in the aft of the ship. I have been on the Dawn twice but have not used the spa. I will be on it again this summer and hope to check out the spa. I understand that the heated tile loungers , hydro pool are not in the common spa areas. The sauna and steam are in the male area and the female areas though like with the Jewel class.

I am not sure if the other lines have spas that compare to the NCL Jewel class ships.

Lots of good info on this thread! Anyone know about the gym & Men's sauna facilities on the Carnival Magic? Going out of Galveston soon!

Thanks

I sailed the Magic in Europe. There is a small sauna in the men's locker room, but no steam room. It could hold 4-5 guys....much smaller than ones on other Carnival ships. There are only two showers and a couple of small benches for cooling off. This area wasn't used very much on our cruise.

They have a pay for use spa area above with co-ed facilities....

Just returned from a week in the Western Caribbean aboard CROWN PRINCESS.

The mens sauna/steam rooms are well hidden in the spa/gym area & had to be hunted out, to the casual passer by the door sign looks like it is indicating the mens restroom.

On entering the door there is a small locker area, which leads on to the sauna/steam rooms.

I visited every day & twice on sea days, never was the area very busy & when it was it was mostly with the elder guys. The steam room smelt of drains & wasn't at all relaxing as there was a constant flow of loud gushing water. The sauna, also was noisy, with a continual hissing/rush of air sound. There are 2 glass fronted showers, one either side of the sauna & steam & one curtained/disabled shower near the steam room. The showers & water fountain do not have cold water, only tepid, so it's hard to cool down properly between sessions. Despite frequent visits by an attendent I found the area a bit grubby.

• 4 weeks later...
I understand that the Constellation was recently renovated. Does anyone know if the steam/sauna are co-ed or single sex?

There is a large (free) dry sauna in the men's changing / shower room. There is also a co-ed steam and dry sauna in the Persian Garden, which requires a fee.

There is a large (free) dry sauna in the men's changing / shower room. There is also a co-ed steam and dry sauna in the Persian Garden, which requires a fee.

Do all Celebrity ships have the free sauna's in the men's changing/ shower rooms? I've been on six Celebrity ships and never found them, only the Persian Garden for a fee.

Joe

Edited by CrusingJoe

Do all Celebrity ships have the free sauna's in the men's changing/ shower rooms? I've been on six Celebrity ships and never found them, only the Persian Garden for a fee.

Joe

Hi Joe,

They do. Both ships you've been on have a free dry-sauna in the men's locker / shower room area. The Connie, Millie, Infinity an Summit all have a nice window to look out of the the sauna holds about 10 guys comfortably. The S-class, all have the dry sauna as well, but window-less and smaller size. Locker room way smaller too with no cool-down area.

Not sure about the Century, went on the sister ship Mercury and there was a small dry sauna in the men's locker room. Held maybe 4 or 5.

Edited by Mermen

Hi Joe,

They do. Both ships you've been on have a free dry-sauna in the men's locker / shower room area. The Connie, Millie, Infinity an Summit all have a nice window to look out of the the sauna holds about 10 guys comfortably. The S-class, all have the dry sauna as well, but window-less and smaller size. Locker room way smaller too with no cool-down area.

Not sure about the Century, went on the sister ship Mercury and there was a small dry sauna in the men's locker room. Held maybe 4 or 5.

Thanks Gary, I'LL look for then the next time we cruise Celebrity. Not this year as we are all book out. But I'm looking into my fall, winter 2013 and spring 2014 cruises now.:)

Edited by CrusingJoe

• 4 weeks later...
I believe that Serenade of the Sea has recently undergone refurbishment, does anyone know if the sauna/steam areas have been altered? - I'm hoping not as I am not a fan of co-ed facilities.

I can't see how they would do that, as each men and women's areas have their own steam and sauna's.

• 1 month later...

The facilities on the Jade are very good, although you do have to pay for a pass, you can buy one when you get on board for the whole length of your cruise.

There are separate areas for men and women as well as a co-ed ares will some loungers and a therapy pool.

The single sex area has a great sized sauna with a huge outside window.

The steam room is a bit smaller but an adequate size.

There is a plunge pool and a whirl pool, 'rain' showers for warm or cool showers together with showers in the middle of the area.

It is well worth the extra, although it is quieter probably due to the cost.

I believe there is a free steam room just off the gym area, but I never used it, but I believe it only holds 2-3 people.

The courtyard villa's also have separate steam rooms, but again these are very small.

Hey All, headed on a B2B on Celebrity's Millennium, soon. Haven't been on a "Solstiized" M-class ship yet, only the former.

If you have been on the before and after, were any changes made to the sauna, changing area or showers in the men's area?

Thanks and happy sailing. :p

I liked this set up because of the privacy of the area. You do not have to go through the locker/shower area to get to the gym. This keeps the kids out!!!

There is a nice changing area with mirrored locker doors, adequate sized sauna and steam with frosted glass to the outside. The showers are amazing.....behind a lockable wooden door with multiple shower heads!! Only a few guys were ever in there at a time, and this area is clothing oprional. Met a few nice guys there ....and it is very nice being able to do this in the buff!!!