Princess Bar Hop

Shogun

Hi All

Remember the Princess Bar Hop,

the T shirt bag of goodies at the end, OK may be not that good, but the pens were useful,

do you think they should bring it back,

give us all a good reason to find all the bars on the New Royal, even more fun on a three day cruise

yours Shogun

Yes I remeber that, it was fun. My late Husband, had 2 T shirts and 2 ball caps. Yes they should bring it back. After they stopped it if you wore one on a cruise people would ask where you got it. It was fun trying to see who could get the gifts first.

Traveler30

Hi All

...give us all a good reason to find all the bars on the New Royal, even more fun on a three day cruise

yours Shogun

Herein lies the problem. It is easier, safer, and less disruptive when a group of passengers is trying to do a "pub crawl" at 5 or so bars, hitting up each one for a drink. But doing this when you have 15+ watering holes could get very sloppy very fast. Imagine trying to do a pub crawl visiting every bar on Bourbon Street. Oh. Wait a minute. I think I might have done that. But I don't remember!:eek:

Herein lies the problem. It is easier, safer, and less disruptive when a group of passengers is trying to do a "pub crawl" at 5 or so bars, hitting up each one for a drink. But doing this when you have 15+ watering holes could get very sloppy very fast. Imagine trying to do a pub crawl visiting every bar on Bourbon Street. Oh. Wait a minute. I think I might have done that. But I don't remember!:eek:

Not really a problem. With the Bar Hop, you had all week (or all cruise) to complete the card. There was no contest to see who was "first".

Not really a problem. With the Bar Hop, you had all week (or all cruise) to complete the card. There was no contest to see who was "first".

I don't know, Joe and Amelia, I think you guys would be in the running to be second...Diana and I would be running to be first.:);):p

We'll have to consider this for our Panama cruise. Or a cabin/poker game crawl could be fun, too.

Hi All

The fun was finding them all, plus not all open all hours so you had to plan your hunt.

yours Shogun

I agree with the "finding them all" statement. In fact, if it wasn't for the Bar Hop, we probably would have never discovered the Wake View Bar on the Sapphire Princess.

We'll have to consider this for our Panama cruise. Or a cabin/poker game crawl could be fun, too.

We will have to discuss this.

About 4 years ago we were on the Ruby... must have had one of these 'bar hops' the week before. No mention of it for our cruise, but 1st night we went to the Outrigger Bar for an informal M&G and everyone there got tee-shirts just for ordering a beer!! Must have had a lot of left overs!! Still using those tees.

Or a cabin/poker game crawl could be fun, too.

We've done the cabin/poker crawl couple of times. Thing is, it was stipulated that everyone had to supply drinks when we went to their cabins... Mimosa, Bloody Mary, Caesar etc (after all, we started at 10am).:). GREAT lunch.. and wonderful nap!! :D

I have the Bar Hop T-shirt - even though I didn't do the bar hop! We got it when DH ordered a bucket of beers on a Panama Canal cruise 4 years ago. I love that shirt!

I would gladly participate in a Princess Bar Hop, just for the T-shirt!

We liked the bar hop. We were on a 14 night cruise for Australia/New Zealand and I don't think we would have discovered the wake view bar had it not been for the bar hop! It took us many days to complete the bar hop. When we crossed the Tasman Sea we had near 30 foot waves. We went down to the wake view bar and saw what looked like a washing machine outside the port hole window! Good memories! ;)

Edited by Suitelive

We've done the cabin/poker crawl couple of times. Thing is, it was stipulated that everyone had to supply drinks when we went to their cabins... Mimosa, Bloody Mary, Caesar etc (after all, we started at 10am).:). GREAT lunch.. and wonderful nap!! :D

Ahhhhh! Cruises, gotta love'em!

i think this would be great fun! I find i tend to get welded to the spot by trade winds! This would get me to other bars

Card and dates could work. tried to do this at Epcot mmm beer around the world.

stu k

A big bunch of us did a bar hop.We gave I think ten bucks each then we had a type of bingo game at each bar.........There was one big winner at the end.Everybody had fun chatting to one another.Nobody had to be carried to their cabin .It was just great fun on a sea day for a group of CCers....:)

Hi All

I asked Princess about the bar hop below is the reply,

Shogun

We did indeed drop the bar hop a few years ago and replaced it with the Treasure Hunt which is a bit more balanced way to explore the ship. I have passed your thoughts to our Hotel team for consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to write to me; much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alan B. Buckelew

President & CEO

So there we have it its all down to the tresaure hunt, nothing wrong with, would not like to see it go, but the bar hop was more fun.

So folks if you want the bar hop back you will need to write and ask for it.

yours Shogun