Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

Here's a link to the drink menu from the Molecular Bar. I plan to try all of them ;)

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_sZk2zn#892296926_fyRPu-XL-LB

Thank you librarylady19 for posting the above menu. Those drinks sound amazing. I am now convinced the premium alcohol package is for me. I've had only Appletinis and Raspberrytinis off ship so far. I think I could get to like the Molecular Bar.

As far as my DH goes, he prefers the Vodka (noninhanced, if there is such a word) and on the rocks.

Do you know what other Celebrity ships have a Molecular Bar? We are sailing on the Infinity in May and also sailing on the Summit next September.

GiGiAnn

Thank you librarylady19 for posting the above menu. Those drinks sound amazing. I am now convinced the premium alcohol package is for me. I've had only Appletinis and Raspberrytinis off ship so far. I think I could get to like the Molecular Bar.

As far as my DH goes, he prefers the Vodka (noninhanced, if there is such a word) and on the rocks.

Do you know what other Celebrity ships have a Molecular Bar? We are sailing on the Infinity in May and also sailing on the Summit next September.

GiGiAnn

Silhouette has one so maybe all Solstice class?

Silhouette has one so maybe all Solstice class?

Hello,

just returned from Eclipse and all Solstice class ships have the molecular bar.

With my PALL Package I tried all of the 15 signature cocktails and there are mostly super delicious. My favs. were Dragonfly, Berry Patch & Lucky Cat, which are cooled with liquid N2, Coming Up Roses, which was a double prize-winning cocktail and the " 3G ", the best tasting Martini I have ever had (3 G = Gin Hendricks, Ginger Liqour and St. Germain Elderflower Liquor)

I absolutely recommend the Molecular Bar for extraordinary drinking experiences

cheers Lothar

Hello,

With my PALL Package I tried all of the 15 signature cocktails and there are mostly super delicious. My favs. were Dragonfly, Berry Patch & Lucky Cat, which are cooled with liquid N2, Coming Up Roses, which was a double prize-winning cocktail and the " 3G ", the best tasting Martini I have ever had (3 G = Gin Hendricks, Ginger Liqour and St. Germain Elderflower Liquor)

cheers Lothar

Hello Hobbyrider,

I'm sure my DH will love this. Is the Molecular Bar only open at specific times?

Thanks!

Hello Hobbyrider,

I'm sure my DH will love this. Is the Molecular Bar only open at specific times?

Thanks!

Hii njaloha,

molecular bar opened after 5 pm and was closing midnight. Not many people gathered there, I guess if there is a bunch of cocktail lovers the bartender would held it longer openend :)

cheers ~ ~

Hello,

cheers Lothar

Thanks for the tip. What's the best time to go to Molecular Bar?

Thanks for the tip. What's the best time to go to Molecular Bar?

Hi librarylady 19, anytime :) :)

If you go for the 3G, before dinner its a perfect aperitif.

I forgot to mention that it's garnished with Thyme leaves and smells and tastes like already your first appetizer of the dinner.

However, sweet Dragonfly or Lucky Cat are perfect as the second dessert

cheers ~

Hi librarylady 19, anytime :) :)

If you go for the 3G, before dinner its a perfect aperitif.

I forgot to mention that it's garnished with Thyme leaves and smells and tastes like already your first appetizer of the dinner.

However, sweet Dragonfly or Lucky Cat are perfect as the second dessert

cheers ~

Thanks for the tip! I love an interesting drink but never really took to martinis. This might be just the ticket.

I just purchased my premium package so will be sure to report back on our usage!

We sailed on Infinity the last couple of weeks. Upon boarding in San Diego, I signed up for the wine and dine package for five bottles and five reservations in the SS United States. This turned out to be a great deal. For $399 (which included the gratuities) my wife and I had five wonderful meals and five great bottles of wine for the same price that is normally charged for just the speciality dining. (5 nights, two people each night, $40 per person per night equals $400). So the wine was, in essence, free. And this was good wine that sold for as much as $80 per bottle as shown on their wine list, not the simple, one dimensional wines they serve by the glass.

Will do this again on our next cruise.

Edited by FrankinPA

Thanks for the tip! I love an interesting drink but never really took to martinis. This might be just the ticket.

I just purchased my premium package so will be sure to report back on our usage!

well done librarylady19 :)

The 3G is just a Martini due to its style "Gin + smoother(s)" however its taste is rather sweet (elderflower liquor) and condimental (thyme)

try it ;)

cheers ~

I was dreading going through all 14 pages of posts to find out the cost, so was really glad that I went backwards and found it on page 12. DH will absolutely love this - he drinks sparkling water at dinner, plenty of drinks, and this way we won't have to bring a case of wine with us from NY to Alaska. I guess choosing Celebrity over Princess (his choice) is looking even better.

I agree with everything you said! Sounds like the exact same experience I had. PRICELESS!!! :D We'll be getting it again in December on the Summit. Can't wait.

Hi Kathy. Is there a charge for Drinking water during your meals. Or is this free. We are big water drinkers and wonder if there is a charge for water. You have now got me thinking that a drinks package might be money well spent. Where can we find the different packages for the Equinox.

Dec

Your glass will be kept filled w/ ice water poured from a pitcher. If you like bottled water then you are charged for it.

I hope this doesn't sound daft but here goes anyway; where does the water come from? Are there huge tanks of it in the bowels of the ship or is it manufactured through a desalination process?:confused:

I hope this doesn't sound daft but here goes anyway; where does the water come from? Are there huge tanks of it in the bowels of the ship or is it manufactured through a desalination process?:confused:

On Celebrity Infinity, it is distilled from sea water using the excess heat generated by the engines. After it is converted from steam back to water, it is treated like most cities do their drinking water. It is very good water, some of the best we have had. Tastes just like natural spring water, in my opinion.

I was dreading going through all 14 pages of posts to find out the cost, so was really glad that I went backwards and found it on page 12. DH will absolutely love this - he drinks sparkling water at dinner, plenty of drinks, and this way we won't have to bring a case of wine with us from NY to Alaska. I guess choosing Celebrity over Princess (his choice) is looking even better.

Celebrity limits the amount of wine you can bring on board at 2 bottles per cabin. So don't bother bringing a case anyway unless you plan to drink 10 bottles before you board the ship.

We will be on the Infinity in May and the Summit in September. They are both being "solticized." Does that mean that the Infinity will no longer have the SS United States restaurant? Will either of them have Murano. We were on the Equinox last March and Murano was fantastic.

Also, could someone please tell me, what is the Molecular bar and which ships is it on? I think I have missed something.

Thank you so much.

GiGiAnn

The SS United States will remain on Infinity. They are adding Blu, Qsine, Bistro on 5, Cellar Masters and re-doing the bars. No Murano as far as I know.

It was the best thing we have done as well was to buy a Premium package each. No bill at the end of the holiday and enjoying the freshly squeezed orange juice, the speciality teas and coffees in the cafe, champagne or Martini before dinner, great wines etc. We have said it is what we will do on our next cruise also.

we are cruising Alaska on the Mille in June and plan to purchase the Premium Alcohol pkg for myself & DH.

the hubby loves sparkling water and a nice scotch. we both enjoy good coffee and wine. i am certain we will at least break even on the cost.

fresh squeezed oj for breakfast, wine pairings at dinner, foo-foo cocktail after dinner. we might not splurge on these without the package.

and if both soft & adult beverages carry a charge, we would likely purchase adult beverages. with the package, i may opt for more teas, coffees & smoothies.

i look at it as an opportunity to drink better quality, not more. and no worries about staying in budget.

On Celebrity Infinity, it is distilled from sea water using the excess heat generated by the engines. After it is converted from steam back to water, it is treated like most cities do their drinking water. It is very good water, some of the best we have had. Tastes just like natural spring water, in my opinion.

Hey, thanks, FranklinPA. That's fascinating. I love to hear about engineering marvels such as that. Does that apply to the shower water as well?

Hey, thanks, FranklinPA. That's fascinating. I love to hear about engineering marvels such as that. Does that apply to the shower water as well?

Yes it does. But the water is soft so expect to have to rinse a lot to get the soap off. The water quality was one of several pleasant surprises we had on this past cruise. I would never buy Evian as long as I had access to the ship's water.

Edited by FrankinPA