casablanca port with MSC

glittergal1

Hi I am trying to sort out a private tour from Casablanca to Rabat . Having never sailed with MSC before what happens at the disembarkation ?

We dock at 8am so approx how long does it take to get off the ship and be on your way ?

if anyone has stopped at this port and could give me any advice I would be greatful .

MSC Fantasia docked March 29th casablanca

Hi I am trying to sort out a private tour from Casablanca to Rabat . Having never sailed with MSC before what happens at the disembarkation ?

We dock at 8am so approx how long does it take to get off the ship and be on your way ?

if anyone has stopped at this port and could give me any advice I would be greatful .

MSC Fantasia docked March 29th casablanca

From the Casablanca to Rabat you can take a train from the station Casa Port and take you to Rabat (Rabat Ville) in about 1 hour

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Boulevard+des+Almohades&daddr=Boulevard+Moulay+Abderrahmane%2F%E2%80%AB%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B9+%D9%85%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%8A+%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF+%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86%E2%80%AC%E2%80%8E&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=33.601574,-7.614448&spn=0.009151,0.018582&sll=33.599545,-7.614115&sspn=0.004575,0.009291&geocode=FTHEAAId_ruL_w%3BFR-sAAId89iL_w&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

A ticket costs 35 Dh (4,5 $ ) one-way, second class.

You can check the timetable in advance http://www.oncf.ma/PrixEtReservation/Pages/BilletsNormaux.aspx

I hope that helps

• 1 year later...

I've been to the Casablanca port many times, also on MSC ships. Since I've done all the excursions (except Marrakech) I usually remain on board. When I go somewhere where I've never been I prefer the ship's tour because I want to hear what the guide has to say. Friends took a taxi to Rabat last year and were very satisfied. Morocco is still an easy going country but if it's your first visit, then go with your ship's excursion.

I'm going there in about a week with Ncl. I booked a private excursion from Casablanca to Rabat with under Moroccan sun. I haven't gone yet, but he has really good reviews online and has been really responsive to my MANY emails and questions. His prices are also very reasonable.

• 1 year later...
I'm going there in about a week with Ncl. I booked a private excursion from Casablanca to Rabat with under Moroccan sun. I haven't gone yet, but he has really good reviews online and has been really responsive to my MANY emails and questions. His prices are also very reasonable.

Please do report back here after your trip. We are also looking to do a private excursion out of Casablanca to Rabat.

Thanks

In December, we were able to just walk off the ship and be on our way as soon as the all clear was given (no formalities or checks that would cause a delay, etc.). Very good idea to get out of town!

Edited by syesmar