Zeebrugge to Bruge Taxi

boxztrs

Does anyone have any current (within the last few months) experience in pre-booking a taxi from Zeebrugges to Bruge and return? Can you share your contact information if you had a positive experience.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

There are very few Taxis available in Brugge. Most people took the train or an excursion from the ship. The train runs every hour. Taxis run around 50 euros each way and takes about 15 minutes. We were lucky enough to grab one with another couple we were travelling with, but I would suggest you reserve one before you cruise especially if you need a larger van to accommodate 8 people. Brugge is such a beautiful city and the benefit of getting there early is to experience the city in a quiet atmosphere before all the tourists arrive. Also, I would suggest going immediately to the canal boat ride because on cruise days they are often booked solid with cruise ship excursions.

We were in Bruges on May 9 and had reserved a taxi with Taxi Snel. As per their instructions, our group of 8 (there were actually 2 groups from our Roll Call) took the port shuttle bus to the gate where the taxis were waiting. It took a few minutes to find them but they had been waiting for us in a little area right by the gate structure.

Our ship was late in arriving. Very high winds in Cherbourg prevented us from leaving on time, but we emailed the company the night before to explain the situation. The ship even gave me a complimentary phone call the morning we arrived to finalize times.

We arranged to have the same driver take us back to the ship and he arrived a few minutes early. We were glad to see him as we were anxious to get out of the wind.

One thing we learned is that reserved taxis have to wait by the gate while the "available" ones are able to come near the ship.

The cost was 50€ per van each way.

The DH and I were part of a group of 8 who shared a pre-arranged shuttle into Brugge earlier this month. The flat rate is 50 Euro from port entrance into Brugge (each way -- not round-trip). We did have to take a shuttle bus to the port entrance (it is an industrial port), and due to a shift change at our driver was just a few minutes late for our 7:30 AM pickup. But the van was exactly where we were to meet in Brugge for the return, and was early. All of us had to show our ship's seapass cards upon return and the shuttle was able to drive into the port and deliver us to the ship gangway. Our group used Ronys Taxi, and I would use then again, but quite frankly, would opt for a 8 AM pick-up.