Just Back From Elbe Princesse: 5 Reasons Americans Might Enjoy CroisiEurope – and Som

Host Jazzbeau

As part of Road Scholar trips we have been on 2 Croisie cruises. On both trips the Food and beverage manager paid close attention to people's food allergies. The food on both trips was regional. In Spain there was one evening that they served a cod dish that I couldn't eat. There was enough other dishes so that I did not leave the table hungry. We will be going on the Loire Princess in Oct. and I expect good French food, but if there is a meal that I didn't care for, I won't starve. I really hope that this report doesn't keep people from trying some of the unique itineraries offered by Croisie.

I agree, Pacmom, it would be a pity if people gave the opportunity of different itneraries a miss because of the food. I can understand that familiarity with food is important for a lot of people but I am sure that the dedicated crews will be happy to help with finding appropriate alternatives for everyone. While I have not saile with them yet, I did enjoy the "open ship" presentation in Cologne and liked the jovial atmosphere as well as the helpful lady at the reception desk that day.

CroisiEurope not only offers different rivers in Europe than the cruise lines solely marketing to the US but they also have combined unique itineraries like cycling on the Moselle-cum-cruising or the Rhine and the Neckar combined for example. You get closer to Heidelberg with them on the river than with any other internationally operating cruise line, no long coach trip from Mannheim necessary...

By the way, the maximum length of their ships 110m.

notamermaid

I agree, Pacmom, it would be a pity if people gave the opportunity of different itneraries a miss because of the food. I can understand that familiarity with food is important for a lot of people but I am sure that the dedicated crews will be happy to help with finding appropriate alternatives for everyone. While I have not saile with them yet, I did enjoy the "open ship" presentation in Cologne and liked the jovial atmosphere as well as the helpful lady at the reception desk that day.

CroisiEurope not only offers different rivers in Europe than the cruise lines solely marketing to the US but they also have combined unique itineraries like cycling on the Moselle-cum-cruising or the Rhine and the Neckar combined for example. You get closer to Heidelberg with them on the river than with any other internationally operating cruise line, no long coach trip from Mannheim necessary...

By the way, the maximum length of their ships 110m.

notamermaid

There should be at least two choices. Not trying to be a whiny First World problem person, but if it is a vacation, you should get a choice, not forced to eat something you really never eat or care for. For example, on the excursion to Rudesheim dinner, there was pork roast served family style. Of course some folks due to religious beliefs or they simply don't care for it, don't eat pork. So roast chicken was another choice.