One. More. Sleep....

Assateague Island Princes

....til I fly to Seattle to board the lovely HAL Amsterdam for her first 14 day Alaskan cruise of the season. This is my third time on this marvelous itinerary and I have been very excited about the trip for well over a year now. Our Roll Call participation has been off the charts, and I'm so looking forward to meeting every one, and to seeing old friends from past sailings to Alaska.

To make things even better, late this afternoon our wonderful TA was able to get us a very, very reasonable upsell to a balcony cabin (6210) near the aft of the Verandah deck from our original ocean view cabin (H7056) on the aft of the Navigation deck. While I will actually miss my 'secret' cabin and its 'secret' deck just steps out the door, it will be lovely to have a balcony for this particular sailing. Coffee in my jammies at first light searching for whales will be sweeter than ever;).

Grinning from ear to ear, and now even more ecstatic about heading back to the Great Land for the sixth time. Life is good.....very, very good:D.

We will be on the Norwegian Pearl on Sunday from Seattle to Alaska. Both our ships leave at the same time. We will wave to you!

We also are looking forward to our balcony cabin. On our previous Alaska cruise we had an ocean view cabin. Definitely wanted a balcony this time, especially for the day in Glacier Bay.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Waved to you in Victoria, SeahawkSiren - did ya see me?;)

Got some great shots of your ship and the Grand when leaving Victoria, BC around 11PM on Saturday night. All lit up like Christmas trees, looked so pretty!

Great cruise on the Amsterdam, fantastic weather for both weeks - a bit of drizzle in Ketchikan and Kodiak in the morning, otherwise blue skies and relatively warm temps. (53 to 60 degrees F) the rest of the time. Smelled smoke from the wildfire in Anchorage, and had ash falling on us while walking thru the weekend market. Feared our Homer stop the next day would bring smokey skies, but nope, the wind changed direction and not a whiff of smoke, just clear skies. Lots of "Deadliest Catch" boats seen on this trip - Time Bandit, Ramblin' Rose, and Cape Caution in Homer, then in Kodiak, saw the Saga, and just missed the Seabrooke by one day and the Cornelia Marie by a week....sigh....

All in all, another wonderful 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam. Hoping to post a review on the HAL board once I settle into all things 'Homedam".

Waved to you in Victoria, SeahawkSiren - did ya see me?;)

Got some great shots of your ship and the Grand when leaving Victoria, BC around 11PM on Saturday night. All lit up like Christmas trees, looked so pretty!

Great cruise on the Amsterdam, fantastic weather for both weeks - a bit of drizzle in Ketchikan and Kodiak in the morning, otherwise blue skies and relatively warm temps. (53 to 60 degrees F) the rest of the time. Smelled smoke from the wildfire in Anchorage, and had ash falling on us while walking thru the weekend market. Feared our Homer stop the next day would bring smokey skies, but nope, the wind changed direction and not a whiff of smoke, just clear skies. Lots of "Deadliest Catch" boats seen on this trip - Time Bandit, Ramblin' Rose, and Cape Caution in Homer, then in Kodiak, saw the Saga, and just missed the Seabrooke by one day and the Cornelia Marie by a week....sigh....

All in all, another wonderful 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam. Hoping to post a review on the HAL board once I settle into all things 'Homedam".

Yes, Assateague Island Princes I did see you and waved back at ya! :) It is such a pretty sight seeing cruise ships lit up at night.

So glad you had a wonderful trip, so did we. Our weather was similar to yours. We only had 1 day with a lot of rain (in Juneau) and the rest of the days had sunshine and temps in the 50's. It did start out drizzling in Ketchikan but burned off fairly quickly. We've really lucked out getting sunshine the 2 times we've been to Ketchikan as apparently they get 150 inches of rain a year :eek:. And folks around town told us it was pouring rain the day before we arrived. The best weather of our trip was the day we were in Glacier Bay. Here is a link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047880

Please let us know when you've got your review posted over on the HAL board. I would love to read it, particularly because I know your ship went to ports I've never been to. My next trip to Alaska I definitely want to visit new places.