Super Mario

I agree. It has always bugged me and still does that when people say we have sailed xxxxx nights with RCI that most of them really haven't sailed that many nights as many have got double points from suites or promotions

The problem was when Royal did the conversion to the new system (cruise credits to points) all cruise credits were converted into 7 points, regardless of the length of those cruises.

For example, if you had cruised on one hundred 3 night cruises Royal converted you to 700 points when you actually should have been credited with 300 points.

And those cruisers who had been sailing mostly longer cruises were penalized as their 9, 10 and 11 night cruises were converted into 7 points.

When Norwegian Cruise Lines made a similar conversion to their loyalty program they actually went back into your cruise history and credited you with the exact amount of nights you had actually sailed. IMHO this is the way Royal should have done it.

Edited by Host Kewlguy

The problem was when Royal did the conversion to the new system (cruise credits to points) all cruise credits were converted into 7 points, regardless of the length of those cruises.

For example, if you had cruised on one hundred 3 night cruises Royal converted you to 700 points when you actually should have been credited with 300 points.

And those cruisers who had been sailing mostly longer cruises were penalized as their 9, 10 and 11 night cruises were converted into 7 points.

When Norwegian Cruise Lines made a similar conversion to their loyalty program they actually went back into your cruise history and credited you with the exact amount of nights you had actually sailed. IMHO this is the way Royal should have done it.

Carnival did it the way Norwegian did. Although I understand from someone here that due to the uproar they have made some sort of adjustments and allowed more time for people to get to the platinum level before reverting them to points earned over their lifetime.

I got cut back by Royal due to longer cruises. And cut back by Carnival due to shorter cruises. I wish Royal would have done it like the others, too. :D ;)

Gina

Carnival did it the way Norwegian did. Although I understand from someone here that due to the uproar they have made some sort of adjustments and allowed more time for people to get to the platinum level before reverting them to points earned over their lifetime.

I got cut back by Royal due to longer cruises. And cut back by Carnival due to shorter cruises. I wish Royal would have done it like the others, too. :D ;)

Gina

I agree too. We got short changed on our Vancouver to Hawaii cruise which was over 7 days. We did however enjoy the extra days on board:).

It just means that our level changes take 1 cruise longer than if we had gotten the points. At our current rate of cruising we should be D+ in about 3 years. Not bad considering we were gold just 2 years ago. I see Pinnacle somewhere off on the horizon, and we shall enjoy every cruise as we get closer to that level. I bet half way there they will make a new level. :p

I had the pleasure of meeting Mario on a 4-night Bahamas Cruise on Majesty last October. We were pool side and I stopped by his "office" to introduce myself. We chatted for a few minutes, but I had to run to meetup for an excursion. He has a warm personality and is laidback and friendly. Just delightful! I guess cruising most of the year would make most anyone that way. While we talked, a couple RC staff members walked by and said, "Hey Mario! This is your last cruise, right?!" :)

We are starting our next cruise as Gold (4 days short of Platinum) & will disembark after a 3 cruise holiday as Emerald level - only 15 days short of Diamond.

No suites or double points, all earned the hard way! :D

#2 are Herbie & Marianne Lucus (i believe close to 3000)

#3 are the Steeles. and they are close to Herb & Marianne

Heard the Lucas' aren't cruising for awhile,so the Steeles may pull ahead.....

have to agree.....really cut throat for places 2 and 3!:eek::eek:

I have started cruising other lines now,besides RCCL....did Princess in April...........doing Carnival in Oct and Celebrity in Feb....No way am I going to make Pinnacle anytime soon and really don't care..........don't need to spend 10s of thousands of dollars for the "free cruise":p:p

I have started cruising other lines now,besides RCCL....did Princess in April...........doing Carnival in Oct and Celebrity in Feb....No way am I going to make Pinnacle anytime soon and really don't care..........don't need to spend 10s of thousands of dollars for the "free cruise":p:p

I like your way of thinking. I prefer options over status. ;)

• 2 months later...

A friend just got off the Allure and she went to the Diamond/Pinnacle meeting...there they honored a man who CRUISES 350 DAYS a year and his name was Mario....what I want to know is...does anybody know what kind of business this guy was in, because to afford a cruise 50 weeks a year, you need serious $$...even at $3000 a cruise x 50 weeks, thats $150,000 MINIMUM in cruises..I figure it's closer to 250,000 since I understand he stays in suites ( of course!!)....as much as I love cruising ( 29 & counting after Disney Dream in 4 weeks..) , don't think I could spend 50 weeks a year at sea....anybody know what Mario did/ does?

Big Al

A friend just got off the Allure and she went to the Diamond/Pinnacle meeting...there they honored a man who CRUISES 350 DAYS a year and his name was Mario....what I want to know is...does anybody know what kind of business this guy was in, because to afford a cruise 50 weeks a year, you need serious $$...even at $3000 a cruise x 50 weeks, thats $150,000 MINIMUM in cruises..I figure it's closer to 250,000 since I understand he stays in suites ( of course!!)....as much as I love cruising ( 29 & counting after Disney Dream in 4 weeks..) , don't think I could spend 50 weeks a year at sea....anybody know what Mario did/ does?

Big Al

More info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/the-passion-of-cruising-a-special-guest-blog-by-royal%E2%80%99s-leading-cruiser-mario-salcedo/

Mario has 4200 cruise nights with RCCL

He had a door sign........with 4200 cruise nights, when we cruised with him on the spring TA, on the Vision.

I believe that Mario has an email address or website, where you can get the up to date information of the number of nights.......as of now.

Hey, there are only 365 days in a year.......and he cruises 350 of them......so maybe he is reaching about 4400 nights......or a bit more, by now.

He works onboard daily, but his work is his deal, and not to be asked.

Rick

I wonder if there are any top Pinnacles who don't get recognized.

Every cruise, they make a big deal about who is the top (or top few) cruiser. I can't imagine that everyone likes all this attention. Maybe there are people with 3 or 4k points that we don't know about because they don't want their names called out.