Norwegian Breakaway - Vow Renewal / Wedding - Group Event - June 2, 2013 Review

Saltbox2013

Oh I can't believe NCL didn't mention the group perks to you. That is whack. We knew about it because we had a group cruise before on the Gem and asked them if there was some sort of benefit to organizing groups because that is a lot effort and you are brining so many customers to them. So yeah just ask and they shall provide.

You MUST have all your sailing guest reservations pulled together as a group. Those little extras help make your guest feel special for sailing, especially if you can give each cabin some OBC (on board credit). Also, you get a one hour open bar cocktail party for your sailing group and for yourself as group leader you may end up with a nice chunk of OBC. We give a group cruise every year and last year with our biggest group of 27 guest we ended up with so much OBC we had a zero balance at the end of the cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have 38 guests sailing and we are all in a group that my travel agent put us in through ncl group departments, so they better hook us up especially after all they put us through for the last year and a half lol! How was the ship overall for the cruise?

I really liked the ship. The design is modern and there are so many cool places to hang out and take pictures. We loved the boardwalk. Really really loved Spice H2O. Every night was a party on that deck. You and your guests will have a great time!

We have 38 guests sailing and we are all in a group that my travel agent put us in through ncl group departments, so they better hook us up especially after all they put us through for the last year and a half lol! How was the ship overall for the cruise?

Sorry to just drop in here, but maybe you should check with your TA. I've heard rumors that sometimes all these amenities disappear into the TA's pockets. If you are registered as a group, someone should contact you about 30 days prior to your cruise discussing the options with you. If not, you must contact your group consultant at NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

As a New Yorker I can honestly say the ship 'felt' like New York. The upscale decor as well as the New York memorabilia. That can be good and bad since New York can also be very pretentious. At any rate, the staff was just 'okay' and the food was not bad at all. If you are a fun person and not uppity you will have a GREAT time. Things weren't perfect but nothing is so we has a blast!!!

I find that those who complain for no real valid reason on vacation are just natural complainers. We are truly fortune and blessed that we CAN vacation!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to just drop in here, but maybe you should check with your TA. I've heard rumors that sometimes all these amenities disappear into the TA's pockets. If you are registered as a group, someone should contact you about 30 days prior to your cruise discussing the options with you. If not, you must contact your group consultant at NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is true. The travel agent didn't do any real work. YOU are the reason that those guests are sailing, not the TA. The TA typed a little bit of stuff into a computer and spoke with you over the phone. There should be no reward for that.

If you are 38 people you should absolutely get something, based on when you booked. On board credits, wine. cocktail party something,

Also you should have a couple of free people in there (still have to pay the taxes and port fees) but two people in the lowest class of cabin.

Definitely talk to your TA, a good TA would have spoken to you. There are great TA's out there that do alot of work, much more than typo a few thing into a computer.

Oh I can't believe NCL didn't mention the group perks to you. That is whack. We knew about it because we had a group cruise before on the Gem and asked them if there was some sort of benefit to organizing groups because that is a lot effort and you are brining so many customers to them. So yeah just ask and they shall provide.

The only exception could be if you booked your group after group space was closed. I tried just recently to book a group for a September sailing and was told by NCLGROUPS that all the group space was closed.:mad:

The only exception could be if you booked your group after group space was closed. I tried just recently to book a group for a September sailing and was told by NCLGROUPS that all the group space was closed.:mad:

Haha that is NCL's creative way of avoiding passengers to meet each other on CC roll calls and start little cruise groups to get all the goodies.

What a great review!, |Thank You

I loved your welcome kits! They were fabulous!

Congratulations!

Thank you so much! We did have a long time to think about those kits while the breakaway was being built and no other wedding planning could be done lol.

• 2 months later...
Who took the beach photos? They are beautiful.

One of my guests took the photos. He does photography on the side for fun so he was a good guest to have around for free beach photography! We could take our time, no pressure. It was great. All you need is a bright sunny day, a good camera and an enthusiastic friend! It was so much fun!

I'm not quite sure how I missed this review. Absolutely beautiful. Looks like you had the vow renewal of your dreams. You both made such beautiful brides!!!

Thank you so much!! It was truly a wonderful experience. Sigh... I want to renew my vows on a ship every year lol!

• 4 months later...
Hi

Thanks for your reply just need to find out if POA does makeup as I've been quoted $390 for myself and daughter from someone onshore although we both want our hair up and she will supply fresh flowers for our hair as well.

I'm so glad you were able to get your dresses pressed on board. The photo in the water is great.

Judith

We have booked the "Vow Renewal Ceremony" on the POA, sailing Jan. 25, 2014. Does anyone know what day and time on the cruise the group ceremony takes place?? We are trying to plan for it since we are doing the actual wedding on land in Maui Mon. Jan 27th and hope the NCL ceremony will be after that day and no one from NCL has been able to tell us what day it will be on. Also, was it nice??

Nancie & Doug:)

• 2 months later...

Beautiful post, I am actually trying to help my sister plan her vow renewal ceremony right now and is being told that they only offer a ceremony for the two of them. Is there any way you can provide the contact info for me so that I can try and get a hold of someone in the group events department?

Thank you!