Wii Fit

babymomma

Hello again everybody!

Back to Wii fit yesterday after cruise, Christmas & 3 wks in Thaland so decided to 'start fresh' with my new goal for April ..........

Forgot that if I reset the Wii I would lose all my access to previous levels :-( So it's back to square one in every sense!!!!!!

Also need to get the Zumba Wii I got for Christmas put the box!!!!!

Wish me luck ;-)

Aileen

wow all this exercise paying off..tried on my cruise clothes and am going to have to take a few pieces to have altered. bought a size 8 pr of pants and am gonna have to take them in a bit...YAY and am still hoping to get a few more #s off in the next 73 days! Hang in there the payoff really is around the bend ( or treadmill)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Aileen ~ I know where those 2 lbs went, I gained them!!:rolleyes: The desserts at our resort in Panama were so tempting!

kasi1979 ~ welcome to the group!:D I find Wii a lot of fun. I just made up a little routine that I follow each day just to get me moving for 30 minutes, nothing too strenuous.;)

I lent DD "Just Dance" & she had the nerve to ask why would you buy that when you're so uncoordinated.:o She found that out when I was doing the Band game at her place.

Anyhow Wii on! My Wii bowling league starts up again today at the Seniors' centre.

~ Jo ~ :)

It is nice to know I'm not the only uncoordinated one trying to JUST DANCE! lol I am doing pretty well on my weight loss and checked in with my wii balance board which said I probably have trouble walking without tripping, but then also gave me an age of 48...ok not the greatest..but since I will be 54 in April I WILL TAKE THE 48! lol I am kinda stuck on the 136-137 poundage and would really like to get it fired up..on the other hand am already 5-6 pounds lighter than last cruise and am afraid to try on my shorts and swim suits! lol

Hi all!

toes ~ that makes me feel better!;) I have another routine I haven't hit 4 stars on yet, remember it took me years it seemed to get them on "ski jump?!

I'm 65 & the least I've been is 20 which makes me feel pretty darn good. Sometimes I tell my WIi bowling team "should do good today as I was 20" (or whatever) but it doesn't always translate into a good bowling score.

Good going on your weight loss. I'm stuck about 10 lbs above you!

Well got to go Wii. Have a nice day!

~ Jo ~:)

• 5 weeks later...

Yay it's finally April..( altho not my favorite month..) I have lost 16#..mostly doing my treadmill..I am entering a couple of "fun" runs after the cruise in order to keep myself interested in exercising. these are Mud Runs ( obstacle course thru mud) the first is a 5K and the second is approx 10K. They are fairly relaxed events and yet you don't want to totally embarrass yourself..I'm also running these with my kids! my Wii Mii chastized me for my long absence ( I have been doing Wii Fit and Just Dance and Country Dance) Well everybody keep on workin it!

• 2 months later...

Just got Just Dance 3. Got it from someone who is getting rid of their Wii and all the games. For $10 I figure it's worth a try. We don't do much Wii in the summer since we spend a lot of time in our pool but I'll have something new to do once we get back to Wii-ing.

HI all!

checkard ~ nice to see Wii back at the top of the page!:D Sounds like you got a bargain there.

I haven't done Wii in 5 weeks as that's when I had my total knee replacement. I'm doing different exercises now & they're not as much fun.:rolleyes:

Have a nice summer!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Wii Fit just told me it 132 days since my last session :-( However, only put on 4lbs so not too downhearted :-)

Cruise again in about 90 days so need to get back on track!

Anyone want to "buddy" me in this latest mission? Aiming to lose at least 14lbs by sail day!

Best wishes,

Aileen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

It's been Wii season at our house lately. We get it out every Sunday and play for hours with the grandkids. The 2-yr old loves the Obstacle Course and we also do the ski runs, ski jumps, bowling and the other active type games. Hoping that the real ski season will start soon but meanwhile I'll make do with my Wii sking.

I need to be doing lots of Wii since we did a cruise in October and another one in November. And then there was Thanksgiving and now Christmas goodies. If only I had more willpower.

HI all!

Nice to see this thread up top again! I've been thinking about it too since I started doing my Wii Fit again. I also Wii bowled on a seniors' league & we came in 2nd this season.

I lost quite a bit of weight after my knee surgery May 29th but now have just stopped the daily exercises & twice weekly PT sessions so got out the Wii again.

My doctor told me to rest my knee so I'm just doing balance type things

& the step routine. My weight has returned to what it was for almost 20 years so I'm okay with that even tho' it's about 15 lbs too much.

Merry Christmas to you all & Wii on!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My daughter has a wii she received as a gift last year. She does not use it so said I can have it. She says it only has one game. I know nothing about the wii. What exactly do I need to buy if all I have is the wii itself so I can use it for exercise? I have a treadmill, glider and weights so thought this would be a nice addition to start off the new year. Thanks for any help, do not want to buy the wrong thing. Cindy

Hi all!

mamaboss ~ welcome to the thread! You have to buy discs of what you want.

For example I have Wii Sports, Wii Fit Plus & Just Dance. There's Wii bowling, tennis, golf & maybe 3 other games on the sports. On the fit there's little balance, yoga, strength & aerobics exercises to do. The dance there's music with a person whose moves you try to copy.

It's a lot of fun, you can weigh yourself daily, set goals for weight loss & see how many calories you burn on the Fit.

I belong to a seniors' Wii bowling league if you can imagine! It's more for fun & socializing.

Have a nice weekend!

Also, I have the EA Sports Active disk, which is a work-out program. You can do a "30 Day Challenge", in which it works you out, arrange your own work-out regime or just pick out exercises you want to do. I think any of the Dance programs can get you sweating too. I like my Wii Fit Plus very much also, mix some work-outs with fun stuff, helps me keep motivated!

I'm planning to get my butt back in gear, not allowed to book next cruise till I lose several pounds, good motivator!!!

Matt

Sorry to keep asking questions about the wii:o So if I understand correctly you just buy certain disks for whatever you want to do? Do I even need the balance board then? Guess I thought you had to have it to do any workouts. I guess I am confused how it works, sorry!:confused: Cindy

Sorry to keep asking questions about the wii:o So if I understand correctly you just buy certain disks for whatever you want to do? Do I even need the balance board then? Guess I thought you had to have it to do any workouts. I guess I am confused how it works, sorry!:confused: Cindy

The balance board allows you to do certain games (exercises) like balance games and the snowboarding, ski jump games. It also allows the console to weigh you and keep track of your process. That being said I hardly ever use it. I primarily use the Zumba which came with a belt that hold the controller so it can gauge your hip movements, this doesn't use the balance board and neither do the Just Dance disks. So if you just want the cardio you don't need the board. Another of my favorites is the Wii sports which has bowling, golf, boxing, baseball and a few others. Pretty cheap too, under 20 bucks.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much fergusonvt!! That was an excellent discription of what the balance board is for. Guess I won't need it right now. Keeping in mind I am 60 Lbs over-weight and a 55 year old couch potato who is just starting out, think the zumba is too much to start with? What would you recommend? Anyone else have a suggestion? My daughter is bring me the console today so I will read up on how it works then purchase something. Thank you all so much for the help!:)