The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas

BrianAlt

BrianAlt, your guide was amazing. Thank you for it. I'm traveling on the Allure of the Seas in July 2011. Unfortunately you won't be on the Allure until next year. However, your guide was extremely helpful since they're sister ships. I wanted to book the Cozumel excursion you took, it's something my husband would enjoy. Do you remember the name of it, I can't find it on the Royal Caribbean website? :)

I tried to book Nachi Cocum through RCI website but can't find it. Did you book it somewhere else?

And thank you for the quick response.:D

It's not through RCI. You have to book it directly with Nachi. Take your own taxi there. We were with a bunch of people and I think it only cost us a few dollars each. Very reasonable.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/ $49 pp

• 4 weeks later...
Nachi Cocum! We'll be going back here on our Allure cruise too.

Lots of info on the Cozumel boards here. Not on the RCI website.

Have a great cruise. :D

I completely forgot you went there and had reported on it, DUH :o I guess when I was reading your review I was prepping for my eastern Oasis itinerary, now that we are sailing a western itinerary I need to go back and re-read the whole thing....and drool some more :D

We recently decided to book Nachi Cocom for our November Allure cruise and are very much looking forward to it!

Great report! Thanks!

Thank you.

Thought I'd bump it up so more people can find it. :)

And thank you again!

Stumbled upon this thread this morning & I have enjoyed reading it all and viewing the fantastic photos! This thread makes me happy that I'll be on the Allure next year & finally giving RCI a try! :)

That's great! Have a great cruise! When are you on Allure? I'll be there in April. [Edit: Okay, now I see it's June.]

I completely forgot you went there and had reported on it, DUH :o I guess when I was reading your review I was prepping for my eastern Oasis itinerary, now that we are sailing a western itinerary I need to go back and re-read the whole thing....and drool some more :D

Ha! Always great to see one of my biggest fans. ;)

We recently decided to book Nachi Cocom for our November Allure cruise and are very much looking forward to it!

It's sooo worth it. We're looking forward to taking our kids with us in April. We were with a family this past weekend and my wife mentioned how when we finally get them to cruise (they're a bit cash strapped right now, otherwise they'd join us in a second!) how much they would love..."what's the name of that place again?" NACHI! "Oh, right, Nachi Cocum." :D

Thanks for the kinds words, everyone. Much appreciated.

If we go to 3 or 4 specialty restaurants, I do not want to tip for 7 nights! Sorry to vent, but need some advice...

Tips for the waiters cover breakfast, lunch, snack times, teas, etc, not just dinner.

The MDR wait staff are assigned throughout the ship for other meals. So, just consider your tip of $3 as $1.50 per meal and it is still a bargain.

Thank you for your wonderful review. We sail on her the end of November and look forward to eating our way around the ship.

We certainly enjoyed doing it (if you somehow couldn't tell). She's a wonderful ship. Have a great cruise.

Thank you SO MUCH for this awesome review! Hubby and I are on the Oasis in September and I was getting a little mind boggled at all the dining options. From everything I have read here on CC, I think we will also do our best to avoid the Windjammer...looks like we have some great breakfast options between the Solarium, Johnny Rockets & Park Cafe! We were also very curious about many of the a la cartes for dinners so you've helped us out tremendously! We were waffling on doing the chef's dinner (one of hubby's colleagues recommended it but I couldn't find much info about it) and I think it'll be a definite "yes" after your review of it. Thanks again! (also...shouldn't have read this at 9:30 at night...I'm pretty hungry now, lol)

Brain; Thanks so much for all the work you put into this review. It truly is amazing :D A group of us are going on the Oasis in October, and I have sent the link to this thread to each of them.

Looks like we will be getting off her as you are boarding the Enchantment.... We will all wave at you as a thank-you ;)

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...