What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

After several years of considering it, I have finally booked my first solo cruise--a transatlantic this fall. I can't wait!

I'm about to turn 51, divorced, have cruised a bunch of times with ex (before he was an ex!) and/or our kids on Princess and Celebrity. My solo cruise will be on Celebrity.

The idea of so much time to just RELAX and do exactly what I want, when I want, sounds SO wonderful! I hope I enjoy it at least half as much as I expect. :)

Hope you have a great trip. I have done a couple of TA's and they are super relaxing with all the sea days on the crossing. I did one on RCI and one on HAL, and enjoyed them both. Happy sailing.

Hi,

Will be doing my first solo cruise next week out of Rome on the NCL Epic, though I have cruised with family in the past... looking forward to this trip too much and have read a lot of the reviews, so it sounds like I will need a vacation to recover from my trip.

Bon Voyage

bonvoagegtvpalmshipsm.jpg.9c31bc542427a2cd651b7cc3aa8a27e6.jpg

That's exciting. You'll have a great time and won't regret it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

Well, I 've cruised a bunch, married, and with my parents (elderly) but never by myself. It's hard to find single guys in their 50's.

Is anyone interested????? I'm DWF looking for WM

Hi jami

What is azamara like? Ive had a look at them but not sure about the small ships. I've cruised with celebrity a couple of times and I love them, just not sure I could make the transition to doing solo on a small ship?

Thanks

Ray

I cruised Azamara on their Innagural sail from Florida down to venezuala and back. Lots of fun. ton's of enrichment. There were single people on board, you just have to look. Old Rennaisance ships, beautifully painted on celings, it looked like the Sistine Chapel. You will love it.

Well, I 've cruised a bunch, married, and with my parents (elderly) but never by myself. It's hard to find single guys in their 50's.

Is anyone interested????? I'm DWF looking for WM

Sure, I'm interested. Not in any relationship or hanky panky but just a platonic cruise mate to share expenses and hang out with. I am late 50s WM who looks and feels like 40.

Just an FYI....for the 2 folks looking for roommates? It is against CC

Policy to do this.....if you read the thread at the top of the forum......

just want to make you aware in case both of your replies are deleted

by one of the moderators.

Sure, I'm interested. Not in any relationship or hanky panky but just a platonic cruise mate to share expenses and hang out with. I am late 50s WM who looks and feels like 40.

Sorry,I TYPED that wrong ! I think I would be more comfortable with a female roomate, just for girl talk purposes, getting ready for dinner, etc. No offense intended. No roomate romance, just friendship and sharing room expenses for a great cruise.:)

Hi,

Will be doing my first solo cruise next week out of Rome on the NCL Epic, though I have cruised with family in the past... looking forward to this trip too much and have read a lot of the reviews, so it sounds like I will need a vacation to recover from my trip.

I did a solo cruise in May from Copenhagen to Russia and back on Celebrity.

I loved having my own room. I jumped up and down on the bed just like in the movie "Home Alone". I could leave the tv on or order room service any time, and hog the bathroom. I opted for tablemates for dinner.:) Have a wonderful time, and jump out and down the bed for me!

Very excited for my first solo cruise! I'm in my late 20s & single. The vast majority of my friends are in relationships, which makes traveling with them awkward for me, or they'd rather do vacations with other couples. Or they're on a different budget than I am, or if they're going to travel, want to do sun & beach, where as I'm going to Canada! Or even trying to get schedules to mesh is really hard (I prefer traveling off-season, whereas some friends are teachers and can only go during the summer, etc).

I had a very specific itinerary I wanted to do, and no one to do it with, so solo it is! I'm ridiculously independent, and have traveled alone before, and it doesn't bother me at all. I like choosing where *I* want to go, when *I* want to go, and only do the excursions *I* want. I like having total control of everything. :)

I'm not worried about being a solo traveler, since I'm only doing excursions through the ship. Meal times in the main dining room can be a bit awkward while alone, but that's what the Kindle is for. And I figure I"ll meet people. And if not, that's okay, too. You'll find me lounging in the sun with a book. :)

The one and only thing I don't like about solo cruising (and I haven't gone yet) is having to pay the double-occupancy price for one person.

hello, I have gone on many cruises with my kids and friends, however, hubby never wanted to go. We have booked a cruise on the new Carnival Breeze, this would be my hubby's first cruise (after many years trying to convince him) anyway, I told him if he does not like it, then I am going to travel solo because I have wasted too many years waiting for him. My first solo would definitely be Europe as I am dying to go back.

Turning 40 in October. I went on the Epic last year and loved it and did the Jewel before and loathed it. What I liked best about any cruise was playing the piano with various singer and bands and being out in the middle of the ocean. Its the best feeling.

Sometimes I enjoy doing concerts,games,theater solo. Next year I plan on the Epic again and the Breakaway

Hi, all! So fun to find this thread! I am 42 and single and have mostly cruised with family or friends. Back in July, I found one of those fabulous last minute deals for Alaska that was advertised for $449/p and after scheduling issues with friends I got a wild hair and booked solo. What a fabulous trip. The single rate was less than 1.5 so it wound up being $600 for an inside cabin for a 7-day in Alaska on my own.

I am, of course, now quite hooked on solo cruising. I did join my Roll Call here on CC and met some really wonderful people. It was terrific to have new friends to sit with at dinner or hike with in ports if the mood struck, but also really nice to do what I want when I wanted. And having a whole cabin to myelf was a total luxury since I usually travel with my parents. In fact, I came home and told them on future trips, even if they are on the boat, if I can afford a cabin of my own I'm doing it. :D

kruton1971, I'm on your November cruise on Oasis, but that one is with the parents and my 14-year-old nephew. Huh. As I type that I'm thinking I might need a solo cruise on the heels of all that togetherness. :)

Happy solo cruising to all of you who have not tried it yet. As others have said, life is too short to hang out and wait on someone else. Get out there and enjoy!

Tracy

Hi everyone,

I am from England transplanted into BC Canada many years ago and I am also going solo for the first time on the Oasis on Sept 29th. (yes I have posted on my roll call) I am a young at heart 62 year old widow, DH died in 2003. Always wanted to cruise but took me a while to get up the nerve to go solo, however I am so excited I can't think of anything else, and I am on CC every day looking for tips. It would be great to hook up with other solos on my cruise, male or female, just to hang out with occasionally but not all the time.

Happy Cruising everyone

Hi everyone,

I am from England transplanted into BC Canada many years ago and I am also going solo for the first time on the Oasis on Sept 29th. (yes I have posted on my roll call) I am a young at heart 62 year old widow, DH died in 2003. Always wanted to cruise but took me a while to get up the nerve to go solo, however I am so excited I can't think of anything else, and I am on CC every day looking for tips. It would be great to hook up with other solos on my cruise, male or female, just to hang out with occasionally but not all the time.

Happy Cruising everyone

Hi,:) You might check the roll call for your cruise. Oasis is a giant

ship and usually the roll calls have lots of people on them. It is a good

way to meet other people.

I'm 27 years old from Florida and will be going on my first solo cruise this October. I can't wait for it to get here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too 27 & doing first solo cruise in October. I'm very excited!

Hi,

I'm going on same cruise, but at the end of September...any tips or suggestions appreciated! Hope you are having a GREAT time!

I'm a 32 y/o man that is looking to pick up a different kind of cruising after being in the Navy for 13 years. I've always been a bit of a loner and I don't really know anyone from home anyway so I've been building my own little solo vacation.

I've got a flight, two cruises and a train ride that'll keep me away from home for another month. After that it's time to get ready to become a full time student. I'll be either doing school or internships for about three years after that with very few breaks.

I recently turned 40, and after a big health scare this summer, I'm realizing that waiting for the 'right time' to do the things I want to do isn't getting anything done.

I haven't cruised solo yet, and I've got at least one, maybe two, cruises planned with family and a good friend for next year, but I'm hoping in 2014 to take myself to Alaska. Might as well do my first solo cruise in style, right? I've always wanted to do an Alaska cruise, and I'm tired of waiting around for someone to go with me.

I did a solo cruise in May from Copenhagen to Russia and back on Celebrity.

I loved having my own room. I jumped up and down on the bed just like in the movie "Home Alone". I could leave the tv on or order room service any time, and hog the bathroom. I opted for tablemates for dinner.:) Have a wonderful time, and jump out and down the bed for me!

Thanks Tikigal!

I did jump up and down on the bed after reading your note... The epic was a great ship to cruise solo on, due to their solo cabins and living room to meet with other people traveling on their own. I met a lot of great people, and I realized yesterday when I left the ship that I didn't dine alone on any nights, since there seemed to be always group meals for those interested in hanging out with other people.

I will say that the only thing I did notice is that in the mediterranean itinerary the ship takes on passengers in 3 different ports, the main port being Barcelona. Since I boarded in Rome, the Solo group from the prior barcelona port had already clicked and it was a bit tougher to integrate with them. Then I also was sad, because I really hit it off with the new Barcelona crowd and I had to leave them shortly.

Guess I'll have to try the ship again from Miami (or even do it next year from Barcelona!)

A lot of interesting posts here! I am going 'sort of' solo on NCL Star in a couple months from NOLA. My sister and a friend will be next door, but I have my own cabin for the first time....I am looking forward to all that space...LOL

I have cruised solo, but in a quad room back on Festivale in the 80's...did not know the gals, but ended up having a great pal to go on excurisons with.

I have cruised with a friend met on a travel site, and we ended up going our separate ways nearly all the time...not as compatible as we thought we would be..but shared the cost of a balcony, so that was okay.

I have cruised with friends and family and loved the fun and laughter! But it is harder than you might think to get friends and family to go on cruises with you....there are always reasons why they can't afford it, can't get time off, can't leave their other family members, don't know what to do with their pets....yada..yada.....etc.

But this time I decided to just enjoy the room myself. We can do things together if we want, or not, she will be right next door...haha!

I am 63, divorced many years...don't mind spending time exploring by myself, or with someone else...can be happy sitting reading enjoying the ocean breezes.

I do enjoy having meals with someone though, or hanging around with someone in the evenings, to the lounges, or wherever some activity is.

I have never met a single over 50 male on a ship, I am beginning to doubt that many exist. There seem to be many more single women of all ages.

I am retired from teaching, loving my life, and try to cruise a couple times a year.

My next cruise after the Star, is NCL Epic next April 13, 2013. Booked a balcony. This will be the Eastern Caribbean...which I love!

I'm 52, been solo for the last 4 years. From southern california. Love cruising but soloing is totally different and takes some getting use to. But in time. One of the toughest parts is the price and then there's dinning I usually eat in the buffet have yet to solo to the MDR. Spend a lot of time out buy the pool. I usually get up really early If its a west coast trip (just can't seem to get the east coast time down). But still have fun.