What are your wedding favors?

Beachgirl71092

I did the wedding wands. I should take a few pics.

Completely DIY, but there are places you can have them ordered.

I used 1 ribbon for each color of my wedding (4 total).

3 of the colors were regular ribbon I got on sale from Michael's.

The last color, I ordered, with the writing, "Witness to the wedding of X and Y. September 2nd 2012 Wave to send wishes, ringing for our kisses"

I attached a bell and the ribbon to a troll using eye hooks and thin wire.

They came out very nice.

You purchased suits for all of the men??? NICE!

Well, kind of! My future father in law offered to pay for the suits for us. We looked into the price of hiring vs buying as were travelling from the UK we'd need to hire them for a month (for the cruise wedding and party back home), so buying them was cheaper.

So they get to keep them, as well as all of the accessories such as shirt, tie, cufflinks etc

Well, kind of! My future father in law offered to pay for the suits for us. We looked into the price of hiring vs buying as were traveling from the UK we'd need to hire them for a month (for the cruise wedding and party back home), so buying them was cheaper.

So they get to keep them, as well as all of the accessories such as shirt, tie, cufflinks etc

That is very nice of your FIL.

I know, we're very lucky!!

How nice of your FIL to purchase the suits!! Did anyone know Yankee Candle makes personalized wedding candles? I saw it on pinterest and may look into it. Just not sure if the guest would like it

Didnt know they made personalised ones but I did know they made 'wedding day' ones xx

I ordered my dress, daughter's dress, tiara's and favors from light in the box and it was totally fine! My favors are personalize compasses that look like little ship wheels. They are really cute. I would do business with light in the box again in a heartbeat. They are in China but it was a very smooth transaction.

We donated money to two organizations that mean a lot to our families. Truth of the matter is that since we didn't have assigned seats and relied on the coordinator to set things up, it would have been pointless to have favors, not many people would have taken them anyway.

If we had guests who were sailing with us (and spending money on the cruise to be with us) I had planned a tote bag with a newsletter I created, suntan lotion, flip flops, and a kit with band-aids/anti-acids/sea sick meds.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking of keepsakes rather than trinkets and gifts. Like glass vials that people can put sand and seashells in. I just need to find some sort of box or something so they do not break.

Does anyone know what is allowedbas farvas things you bring back?

We are not doing a cruise wedding, cruise is the honeymoon the day after the wedding, but our favours will be:

Homemade sucre à la crème (it's a french canadian sweet similar to fudge) with a tag attached indicating that we've made a donation to our preferred charity

• 2 weeks later...

I used these clear boxes I found on weddingpaperdivas.com here: http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/boutique/beaucoup/product/187/clear_favor_boxes.html

and filled them with travel necessities for my guests. I included things like travel sunscreen, dramamine to prevent seasickness, a drink coupon for a drink on the ship.

They have a lot of other options on their Wedding Favors page here: http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/wedding-favors-and-gifts.htm

if you're into the idea of something customized or putting something together yourself.

Edited by Tiny.Trekker000
grammtical error