Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Great story!.... I hope that it works out for you and he contacts you... he'd be a fool not to.

Thanks. He has some feelings to work out since his wife of 30 yrs just died in Sept...feelings he didn't expect to have, esp so soon after her death

I was on that ship! How wonderful for you. It really was a good mix of solo/single travelers.

Ok...so did you join in with any of our CC activities? We had a BLAST as a group...prob 15-25 was very active in our "group" activities.

Thanks. He has some feelings to work out since his wife of 30 yrs just died in Sept...feelings he didn't expect to have, esp so soon after her death

Ok...so did you join in with any of our CC activities? We had a BLAST as a group...prob 15-25 was very active in our "group" activities.

I missed the poker run. Forgot about it sadly. I did make it to the slot pull. Matt did an awesome job.

And of course the meet and mingle. Really was a great cruise!!

I've been looking at the Explorer 2/10 cruise - seven days to Fl and Bahamas. Inside senior rate of $619 + $100 port tax. However, if you are a senior and a diamond, you can get a D2 balcony for $826 - $225 for a total of $603 + $100 port tax. I'm already booked on the 2/1 nine day cruise, so it looks like I'm going to do a 16 day B2B from Bayonne!!!

I missed the poker run. Forgot about it sadly. I did make it to the slot pull. Matt did an awesome job.

And of course the meet and mingle. Really was a great cruise!!

What poker run? What slot pull? Who is Matt?

Are you talking about the informal meet & mingle or the one after Miami that the ship did?

...As I have posted, to me a bargain is a balcony cabin/booked solo/at less than $100/day. Now, to me, THAT is a rare find. Some inside cabin at $500+ is NOT. Am I wrong?...

I guess everyone has their own definition of bargain, and in the world of cruising, many people also have to consider airfares, which can rise as cruise fares fall closer to sailing date. So, a "cruise bargain" might not turn out to be a "vacation bargain".

Nonetheless, I think most people would consider the following a bargain:

February 4-22, 2013 (18 days)

Miami to Venice, with stops at Malaga, Barcelona, Livorno (Florence/Pisa), and Rome (Civitavecchia)

Carnival Destiny

Inside upper/lower: $1031

Inside: from $1131

Ocean View: from $1431

Balcony: from $2031

All prices are for single occupancy and include taxes.

However, they are all also Early Saver rates, which require a nonrefundable deposit - and I can't seem to find out how much the deposit is without providing personal information.

I believe the reasons for the low prices are threefold: sailing date, itinerary, and finally, the ship is going into "a jaw-dropping 49-day dry-dock" immediately afterward for "one of the most dramatic refurbishments in contemporary cruising".

Cheers.

jlajr

i guess everyone has their own definition of bargain, and in the world of cruising, many people also have to consider airfares, which can rise as cruise fares fall closer to sailing date. So, a "cruise bargain" might not turn out to be a "vacation bargain".

Nonetheless, i think most people would consider the following a bargain:

miami to venice, with stops at malaga, barcelona, livorno (florence/pisa), and rome (civitavecchia)

carnival destiny

inside upper/lower: $1031

inside: From $1131

ocean view: From $1431

balcony: From $2031

all prices are for single occupancy and include taxes.

However, they are all also early saver rates, which require a nonrefundable deposit - and i can't seem to find out how much the deposit is without providing personal information.

I believe the reasons for the low prices are threefold: Sailing date, itinerary, and finally, the ship is going into "a jaw-dropping 49-day dry-dock" immediately afterward for "one of the most dramatic refurbishments in contemporary cruising".

Cheers.

Jlajr

$400

I guess everyone has their own definition of bargain, and in the world of cruising, many people also have to consider airfares, which can rise as cruise fares fall closer to sailing date. So, a "cruise bargain" might not turn out to be a "vacation bargain".

Nonetheless, I think most people would consider the following a bargain:

Miami to Venice, with stops at Malaga, Barcelona, Livorno (Florence/Pisa), and Rome (Civitavecchia)

Carnival Destiny

Inside upper/lower: $1031

Inside: from $1131

Ocean View: from $1431

Balcony: from $2031

All prices are for single occupancy and include taxes.

However, they are all also Early Saver rates, which require a nonrefundable deposit - and I can't seem to find out how much the deposit is without providing personal information.

I believe the reasons for the low prices are threefold: sailing date, itinerary, and finally, the ship is going into "a jaw-dropping 49-day dry-dock" immediately afterward for "one of the most dramatic refurbishments in contemporary cruising".

Cheers.

jlajr

I now see the following prices from a popular travel site (they do not include taxes, but otherwise the same conditions as before):

Inside: from $749

Oceanview: from $1049

Balcony: from $1649

jlajr

In all honesty, no I didn't.

While this was my first-ever cruise in a balcony cabin (two thumbs up for balconies), I am not a gregarious (outgoing) person. I know others are different. Others make friends out of strangers rather quickly. I don't. This was my first-ever truly solo cruise. And I felt truly solo for the entire week.

Also, of no assistance, was the fact that I received my Cruise Critic's meet-and-greet invitation some seven hours after it happened!

Alas, if only some cute little single woman had come knocking at my cabin door asking to see what a balcony cabin looked like! But those things happen only in the movies, don't they?

My love for cruising is not yet dead. And my search for a single/solo, balcony cabin for less than $500 shall continue.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 1st solo cruise...sometimes things just don't work out as well as we hope..my 1st solo cruise was also a disaster...only 2 months after my husband died...much to soon...but I kept trying...did a couple family cruises...got my feet under me again...and my 2nd solo cruise was MUCH better....so hang in there...and if we ever cross path's on a cruise someday I promise to come knock on your door & ask to see your balcony...;):D

I don't know if others will consider this a bargain, but I did so I thought I would share - especially since I have generally had a difficult time (until recently, anyway) finding sailings on Princess that have anything less than a 100% solo supplement. I booked a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Emerald November 7th, interior room for $1398. (Double occupancy is $999 each.) Not sure how steep the discount is for better cabins, it's not worth looking into for me since I'm never in my cabin anyway.

It is still far enough ahead of time that plane tickets are still cheap - you can go RT from any NYC airport for well under $300 depending on times and airlines. (I booked a flight for $258.) I suspect that will go up quite a lot, especially since, as someone on my roll call pointed out, the ship docks and we fly home on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. So if you have to fly, it may not stay a bargain for too long.

I don't know if others will consider this a bargain, but I did so I thought I would share - especially since I have generally had a difficult time (until recently, anyway) finding sailings on Princess that have anything less than a 100% solo supplement. I booked a 10-day Caribbean cruise on the Emerald November 7th, interior room for $1398. (Double occupancy is $999 each.) Not sure how steep the discount is for better cabins, it's not worth looking into for me since I'm never in my cabin anyway.

It is still far enough ahead of time that plane tickets are still cheap - you can go RT from any NYC airport for well under $300 depending on times and airlines. (I booked a flight for $258.) I suspect that will go up quite a lot, especially since, as someone on my roll call pointed out, the ship docks and we fly home on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. So if you have to fly, it may not stay a bargain for too long.

Sound like you got a sweet deal!:)

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 1st solo cruise...sometimes things just don't work out as well as we hope..my 1st solo cruise was also a disaster...only 2 months after my husband died...much to soon...but I kept trying...did a couple family cruises...got my feet under me again...and my 2nd solo cruise was MUCH better....so hang in there...and if we ever cross path's on a cruise someday I promise to come knock on your door & ask to see your balcony...;):D

LOL kc, thanks. It's a deal!

Princess in europe has low solo sups on some cruises.

eg Crown Princess 17June 23% 2pax €492pp solo €605.

others available. eg 24th May €418pp €511

EU/UK prices include taxes.

Sounds like a great deal... if I wouldn't need to book a last-minute round-trip flight to Europe! That would cost more than the cruise fare itself. I want to do Europe next, so if they have low solo supps on any Princess ships there in 2013, I am in - but I am afraid the good solo deals often don't come until the month or two before.

Just booked MSC Poesia 1/19/13 Balcony cabin. With single supplement and taxes it came to $1113.08. It's the final day of the sale where you book an inside and get a balcony. I looked at RCCL cruises and balconies are like double this price.

Royal has some sweet solo supplements today on their Tuesday sales.

Just booked a B2B Vision of the Seas Baltic cruise for $585 solo with taxes total $709. Solo supplement only 125%

Am able to use aeroplan for the flights, checked before I booked otherwise the flights to Europe this time of the year are horrendous.

They also have the Navigator from Rome with 125% solo supplement but Rome will be hot this time of year.

Royal has some sweet solo supplements today on their Tuesday sales.

Just booked a B2B Vision of the Seas Baltic cruise for $585 solo with taxes total $709. Solo supplement only 125%

Am able to use aeroplan for the flights, checked before I booked otherwise the flights to Europe this time of the year are horrendous.

They also have the Navigator from Rome with 125% solo supplement but Rome will be hot this time of year.

I was all set to book the Vision cruise. Even found a great hotel in Stockholm for $100./night. Then I contacted SPB tours for St. Petersburg tour and found out Hermitage is closed on Mondays, the day Vision docks there. Even at such a bargain price, it's pointless for me to visit St. Pete and not visit the Hermitage so I decided not to book. Just glad I found out before I put all that money down.

I was all set to book the Vision cruise. Even found a great hotel in Stockholm for $100./night. Then I contacted SPB tours for St. Petersburg tour and found out Hermitage is closed on Mondays, the day Vision docks there. Even at such a bargain price, it's pointless for me to visit St. Pete and not visit the Hermitage so I decided not to book. Just glad I found out before I put all that money down.

I have been to St Petersburg before and have visited the Hermitage. I read through all the rollcalls for all dates to get information about the tours and noticed your posts. It seems one company, I think DANUS, gets you in when it is closed but I think that is probably the hours before it opens.

Actually I booked the B2B as too far to go for 7 days and will spend some time in England too.

What is the name of the hotel you found in Stockholm? I am trying with Priceline as it seems the Courtyard Marriott has been the one listed but really have no idea of the areas.

That sounds like an amazing deal. When you say B2B is it 2 different itineraries or just doing the same one twice because I tried to find and was unsuccessful. Was the cost $709.00 each cruise or was one part more?

Sorry if I am being to nosy I apologize. The flight will be a bit pricey but when you get a great deal on cruise it helps to defray the cost of flight.

I wish Celebrity would have such a sweet deal I need 2 more points to level up so I get some of the perks on my Australia Cruise in Jan.. So if anyone sees any good deals would you please post or e-mail me at

patlyn1 at hotmail dot com

please put CC cruise deal in subject line Thanks.

I have been to St Petersburg before and have visited the Hermitage. I read through all the rollcalls for all dates to get information about the tours and noticed your posts. It seems one company, I think DANUS, gets you in when it is closed but I think that is probably the hours before it opens.

Actually I booked the B2B as too far to go for 7 days and will spend some time in England too.

What is the name of the hotel you found in Stockholm? I am trying with Priceline as it seems the Courtyard Marriott has been the one listed but really have no idea of the areas.

The hotel in Stockholm is the Rex Hotel. You don't have to pay in advance, just a credit to put it on hold, and the best rate is by booking directly with them:

http://www.rexhotel.se/en/

Trip Advisor reviews are pretty impressive: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189852-d305612-Reviews-Rex_Hotel-Stockholm.html

The location is great. It's 2 stops on the T-bana (subway) from the Central Station. Then you walk one block turn the corner and it's about a 1/2 block down. I checked it out with Google maps street view and the walk to and from the train is on a nice street with restaurants and such. I don't think you can go wrong. I was reserving the Standard Single Room. The Small Single Room looked a little to tight and there wasn't much of a price difference.

That sounds like an amazing deal. When you say B2B is it 2 different itineraries or just doing the same one twice because I tried to find and was unsuccessful. Was the cost $709.00 each cruise or was one part more?

Sorry if I am being to nosy I apologize. The flight will be a bit pricey but when you get a great deal on cruise it helps to defray the cost of flight.

I wish Celebrity would have such a sweet deal I need 2 more points to level up so I get some of the perks on my Australia Cruise in Jan.. So if anyone sees any good deals would you please post or e-mail me at

patlyn1 at hotmail dot com

please put CC cruise deal in subject line Thanks.

It is the same itinerary so repeating it. I had been looking for a good deal on Royal as I had a voucher and OBC to use up before the end of the year. Same price for each cruise. My son and his family live in Helsinki so will visit him each week too.

I will look out for Celebrity deals for you.

The hotel in Stockholm is the Rex Hotel. You don't have to pay in advance, just a credit to put it on hold, and the best rate is by booking directly with them:

http://www.rexhotel.se/en/

Trip Advisor reviews are pretty impressive: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189852-d305612-Reviews-Rex_Hotel-Stockholm.html

The location is great. It's 2 stops on the T-bana (subway) from the Central Station. Then you walk one block turn the corner and it's about a 1/2 block down. I checked it out with Google maps street view and the walk to and from the train is on a nice street with restaurants and such. I don't think you can go wrong. I was reserving the Standard Single Room. The Small Single Room looked a little to tight and there wasn't much of a price difference.

Thank you for the information. I think that I will be booking one near the station so I don't have to carry luggage on the subway. Rex sounds like a great hotel though.