Question about making Sangria while cruising

daniella1279

I want to make some sangria with the wine I bring on board with fruits from the Buffet. What goes better with the fruits/juice offered? White or red wine? What do you use to let the fruit and wine soak in?

Anyone got any recipe for me to use?

Tia

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always use this recipe . The fruit is available

2 cups pineapple chunks

2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into cubes

2 unpeeled lemons, thinly sliced

2 unpeeled limes, thinly sliced

1 cup green seedless grapes

1 cup red seedless grapes

1 small unpeeled orange, thinly sliced

1.5 liter red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot or pinot noir, chilled

As far as a vessel / container. Use an old fashioned enema bag

Enjoy.

Sangria can be made from red or white. White is usually more "tropical" and a summer like drink with apples and citrus fruits.

Red is heavier and often made with berries. We add brandy to ours too.

However most any fruit and any wine will work. Other items such as fruit juice, ginger ale, club soda, liquors can be added as well.

Any pitcher or bucket like vessel will do for soaking and mixing.

Enjoy

I want to make some sangria with the wine I bring on board with fruits from the Buffet. What goes better with the fruits/juice offered? White or red wine? What do you use to let the fruit and wine soak in?

Anyone got any recipe for me to use?

Tia

Danielle

I prefer white sangria because it's usually sweeter.

As for fruits, different fruits were available at different meals. At breakfast there were cut-up melons, canned peaches, prunes, grapefruit and orange sections. At lunch there was fruit salad that had pineapple, strawberries, grapes, and watermelon. I believe whole apples and oranges were there at both meals. (Don't know what was at dinner.) Because I liked the lunch fruits better, I would fill bowls and stick them in our fridge to enjoy with yogurt the next morning. (We asked our room steward to empty the fridge.)

I really wish Carnival bars offered sangria.

If you have a Costco they sell a delicious sangria (Lolita) for less then $8 a bottle. Brought that on our last 2 cruises. Ordered a fruit plate from room service and asked our steward for wine glasses. I always add a splash of sprite or mt. dew for fizz. And its a screw top. No muss, no fuss. Cheers!:D

Edited by 4merlurker

If you have a Costco they sell a delicious sangria (Lolita) for less then $8 a bottle. Brought that on our last 2 cruises. Ordered a fruit plate from room service and asked our steward for wine glasses. I always add a splash of sprite or mt. dew for fizz. And its a screw top. No muss, no fuss. Cheers!:D

What a great idea!!!! I think I might have to try it!!!

Great idea!!! :) I love sangria! And no problem bringing it onboard in place of wine?

I had no trouble on Royal. It says "sangria WINE" on the bottle. I plan on bringing it on my Splendor cruise........

I think they are more concerned with people bringing bottles of liquor.

I always take Skinnygirl Sangria on with me. Just add ice and fruit from the Lido. No need for the hassle of "making it" in my cabin. Security at Baltimore told me that a lot of people bring Sangria for their choice of allowable wine.

Thanks for another choice! We are a group of 4 adults and I am the only one that drinks wine so I am having everyone bring a bottle for me :)