Transportation between Santiago hotel and Valparaiso

Mimisita

Any suggestion for transfer between hotel in Santiago and port in Valparaiso. Leaving on Crown Princess on February 15

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

My suggestion is to join your roll call which is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303671

See if anyone on the roll call has arranged a group transfer.

When we did this several years ago, we were in a group of about 12 that had a tour of Santiago and Valparaiso on the way to the ship.

We also used South excursions.com. It was a combination tour and transportation to Valparaiso. on the roll calls, I was able to find 2 couples who were also interested and signed up as six people total to reduce the cost. highly recommended

Hi Mimisita

We are on Celebrity Infinity Dec 24 2016, we have booked Stamps Tours to pick us up from Santiago Airport to the hotel. Th following day we have a city tour and visit to a winery, then the following day they will transfer us to Valpariso, including a short walking tour. We found their prices to be very reasonable compared to the rest of the agencies we contacted. They have good recommendations on Trip Advisor, so hoping things work out.

We booked with Michael the German Pirate for our transfer on 1/18/17. He gets great reviews so hopefully he will live up to the hype. We decided to keep it just my husband and myself, so it is a little more expensive than if we went with a group. But not much more expensive than the transfer alone through the cruise line, and he will pick us up at our hotel and give us a tour of Santiago and Valpo on the way.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294306-d2534128-Reviews-Michael_the_German_Pirate-Valparaiso_Valparaiso_Region.html

We chose a private excursion with Thomas Poussard at Chile Private Tours

http://www.chileprivatetours.com

Thomas is a very energetic young French national who has lived in Chile for many years and knows the country extremely well.

He is very easy to deal with on line and he answered very rapidly to my e-mails. He suggested an itinerary based on our tastes. He arrived promptly in front of our hotel on the day of the tour. We chose to do a circle drive on a small mountain road starting in the Casablanca valley. We passed gauchos on horseback, small farms, llamas and even stopped for a giant spider crossing the road. We stopped for lunch at a lovely small country restaurant and many times for photos of the countryside. We visited an ecological vineyard where vines are planted in symbiosis with some plants that are known to deter insects or diseases. This winery also had a quite large herd of alpacas. We then drove towards Valparaiso and circled the hills for more photo opportunities and proceeded to Vino del Mar, admired the flower clock , the Miami-like high rises, the sea lions on their rocks and managed to hike up the dunes of Concon. All together, a good day of sightseeing! I would highly recommend Thomas!

The cheapest option is to take a taxi or the metro to the Pajaritos bus station, change to a bus to Valparaiso, then at the Valparaiso bus station get a taxi to your hotel.

This is what I am planning on doing later this month, but from the SCL airport rather than from in town. Should take 2-3 hours or so but I have plenty of time to do it. Will take a taxi from the Valparaiso bus station to the cruise pier.

I would recommend the company http://www.winetoursvalparaiso.cl We did a tour with Michael from London some years ago.

People forget that you can stop at vineyards in between Santiago and Valparaiso.

We stopped at Casas Del Bosque, Emiliana, Lunch at House and finished up at Quinty vineyard. I was a great day.

If you don't like that kind of thing you can always take a direct transfer with any old transfer firm.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
This is what I am planning on doing later this month, but from the SCL airport rather than from in town. Should take 2-3 hours or so but I have plenty of time to do it. Will take a taxi from the Valparaiso bus station to the cruise pier.

It's simple and short to walk to the pier shuttle buses, from the bus station, just inside the pier. I just did this last month, and have taken the 2 buses to Valparaiso from Santiago several times, including twice this year. You do need cash from the airport for the bus, but can use credit cards from the Santiago bus stations.

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on what you want to see, I would recommend Southexcursions for a full day tour of Valparaiso, Vina del mar and Santiago. We also had a wine tasting and transfer to hotel and airport. Much less expensive than the ship and with a small group.

• 5 weeks later...

Recommend Christian for any transfer between Santiago and the coast. He does simple transfers and custom tours. Send him an email with your request or preferences.

Excellent English, polite, prompt....all round great guy.

Christianroymx@hotmail.com

Nickname is "christian the van man"

Paid $200 usd for direct private transfer SCL to Vina Del Mar

Edited by tcdcruiser