NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

My favorite cousin from SF also cannot swim also - she tried - I only go into a pool that is not deep and that's in the PHilippines with family at resorts = my SIL's and I chat and stay put -- ha!ha!

So that's 3 of us I know of who cannot swim - oh, and my other Japanese friend whom I used to work with - she tried too she said... ha!ha!

I think we just need those floater mats, lie on them, drink our foofoo drinks and sail away !! carol

Carol, Emmy and I have tried to lay on those floater mats in Labadee but sadly they don't really do the trick when you don't float...instead we would hang onto them and hope the current didn't take us out to sea.

I have big arms = they won't fit!! ha!ha! I would need them on my ankles too, around my hips, waist , neck...... carol

That's funny. I love the water and swim real well, but.......Karen can't swim really at all. Just a little doggy padding. She doesn't like her face in the water either, so I'm on my own when it comes to snorkeling

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's funny. I love the water and swim real well, but.......Karen can't swim really at all. Just a little doggy padding. She doesn't like her face in the water either, so I'm on my own when it comes to snorkeling

Narce and his entire family loves the water and swimming and the great outdoors in general - !! we are such opposites - I babysit his things when we are on a beach - I nap... like in Hawaii.... carol

Carl, well Karen and Carol and guard the fort while you and Narce go snorkling!

Sounds like a plan. Karen gets worried when I go too far out. She knows she couldn't help me if I got in trouble. Last time in Hawaii, we drove 20 minutes across a lava field to a secluded beach. I think there were maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire beach. I went for a swim, and heard Karen yelling my name. She was scared because I had gone beyond her comfort zone. ;)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a plan. Karen gets worried when I go too far out. She knows she couldn't help me if I got in trouble. Last time in Hawaii, we drove 20 minutes across a lava field to a secluded beach. I think there were maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire beach. I went for a swim, and heard Karen yelling my name. She was scared because I had gone beyond her comfort zone. ;)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

My former next door neighbor used to go abalone diving and his wife spotted a great white one time and she said she felt so helpless...fortunately all went well! We were so spoiled with fresh abalone a number of times! Carl, you need to be more careful so you don't worry Karen!

My former next door neighbor used to go abalone diving and his wife spotted a great white one time and she said she felt so helpless...fortunately all went well! We were so spoiled with fresh abalone a number of times! Carl, you need to be more careful so you don't worry Karen!

When I was a a kid, my brother would go dive for abalone.

You're right, I try not to worry her. ;)

Love it when we talk about Food = love abalone - used to be cheap when I was a 'child' -- ha!ha! my friend will give us some once in a while as he dives - sooo good - easy to cook = when I crave for it and not available, I have to be satisfied with calamari steaks - not the same, but better than nothing.

Narce swims in the lagoons on Oahu as it's too crowded in Waikiki and ala-moana - it's more peaceful too - not a lot of folks, just the one who stay at the Marriotts there and some locals who are not working - never crowded ... good place for me to nap!ha!ha!

Carol

Love it when we talk about Food = love abalone - used to be cheap when I was a 'child' -- ha!ha! my friend will give us some once in a while as he dives - sooo good - easy to cook = when I crave for it and not available, I have to be satisfied with calamari steaks - not the same, but better than nothing.

Narce swims in the lagoons on Oahu as it's too crowded in Waikiki and ala-moana - it's more peaceful too - not a lot of folks, just the one who stay at the Marriotts there and some locals who are not working - never crowded ... good place for me to nap!ha!ha!

Carol

Dear Carol, I sense a trend here...my boss is leaving for Oahu tomorrow morning! I cannot wait to visit Maui the end of November; it will be strange having Thanksgiving in Hawaii!

Dear Carol, I sense a trend here...my boss is leaving for Oahu tomorrow morning! I cannot wait to visit Maui the end of November; it will be strange having Thanksgiving in Hawaii!

Hawaii has been calling to Karen and I a lot lately. We're planning to go next November. Sooo relaxing.

I don't think we have ever had Thanksgiving in Hawaii - we have been there during Halloween and Easter many times -

It'll be warm during your Thanksgiving, that'll be one thing for sure.

Can't wait for your trip - love when you tell us about it -- carol

Hawaii has been calling to Karen and I a lot lately. We're planning to go next November. Sooo relaxing.

Then you can meet up with Janice!! then you can tell me all about it when we see each other in Dec - or are you talking about NEXT 2013 Nov ? carol

Then you can meet up with Janice!! then you can tell me all about it when we see each other in Dec - or are you talking about NEXT 2013 Nov ? carol

Oh, I'm sorry we are planning for November 2013. I wish we were going this year though.

Oh, I'm sorry we are planning for November 2013. I wish we were going this year though.

The year goes by fast - it's already mid Aug - seems like it was only Jan - so Nov 2013, only minutes away!! you'll have two or three cruises before then too! carol

Carl, do you two have a favorite island? I really love them all. FYI, did you read about Larry Ellison buying over 90% of Lanai? It must be nice to be wealthy!

Carl, do you two have a favorite island? I really love them all. FYI, did you read about Larry Ellison buying over 90% of Lanai? It must be nice to be wealthy!

Our favorite is the big island. But, we really like them all so far. I would like to spend some time on Maui. We've only been there on a cruise. Oahu is great too.

Reno was fun - now next Sat is our annual Oyster Fest for our nieces/nephews that we treat them to - we buy the fresh oysters at Pt Reyes, we grill them - they bring what they want for pot luck and I also bring fresh corn, ribs to BBQ and dessert - getting hungry now! carol

Reno was fun - now next Sat is our annual Oyster Fest for our nieces/nephews that we treat them to - we buy the fresh oysters at Pt Reyes, we grill them - they bring what they want for pot luck and I also bring fresh corn, ribs to BBQ and dessert - getting hungry now! carol

Carol, there was just a health warning about oysters from Pt. Reyes...be careful!!! Let me see if I can find it! Or it could have been Drakes Bay; will let you know.

Carol, there was just a health warning about oysters from Pt. Reyes...be careful!!! Let me see if I can find it! Or it could have been Drakes Bay; will let you know.

Oh Crap - that's where we are going, Drakes Bay -- !! yikes!!!! c.

Found the article Janice, thanx for the alert -affected the oysters harvested from dates from Jul 17 to Aug 8... I just emailed all kids involved so waiting for them to get back to us - I think it's ok cuz it's 2-1/2 weeks ago but who knows... if they want to go just to picnic with our other foods, then it's still a go -

shucks - I love oysters too -- oh well -- carol

Found the article Janice, thanx for the alert -affected the oysters harvested from dates from Jul 17 to Aug 8... I just emailed all kids involved so waiting for them to get back to us - I think it's ok cuz it's 2-1/2 weeks ago but who knows... if they want to go just to picnic with our other foods, then it's still a go -

shucks - I love oysters too -- oh well -- carol

Carol, glad you found the article...I was just going to look for you. FYI, since the dates are now over 10 days ago perhaps they have resolved the issues? I love oysters too!