Refurbished Summit/Infinity OV 3112 - 3144 Pictures

sarahc78

I remember seeing ONE Summit picture and was very pleased with the HUGE porthole window; they look like great staterooms.

Now do you think I can find that ONE picture....nope, not a chance.

JasYHZ

Hi. I haven't found photos yet but am waiting for some to be posted on another thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33385098

You may wish to monitor this as well. Someone on the thread is on the Infinity now in one of these cabins and said they wiill post info (hopefully photos) on them.

Thanks hopefully they come back and post some :)

I remember seeing ONE Summit picture and was very pleased with the HUGE porthole window; they look like great staterooms.

JasYHZ

Ha ha ha exactly. I have been searching to no avail.

I find it so odd the Infinity has been refurbished for 8 months or so and the Summit almost 4 and we cant find one stinking picture. Geez wth people!!! :p

Info/pictures would be great. I just booked an OV5 on the Summit - the "secret" extra long cabin 6109. However, if the windows are that large, with a greater square footage, (and cheaper) I would consider changing. Information please!

Info/pictures would be great. I just booked an OV5 on the Summit - the "secret" extra long cabin 6109. However, if the windows are that large, with a greater square footage, (and cheaper) I would consider changing. Information please!

I'm sure you meant 6019 which is an OV5. This is the area where 3112 thru 3144 are located on Millennium. You can see the huge windows. Those are OV6 staterooms. On the deck plans http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise2012B/Summit%20deck%20plans.pdf they look larger than the staterooms in the same category up forward. Won't know until we get in there to take a peak.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33381553&postcount=5

I'm sure you meant 6019 which is an OV5. This is the area where 3112 thru 3144 are located on Millennium. You can see the huge windows. Those are OV6 staterooms. On the deck plans http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise2012B/Summit%20deck%20plans.pdf they look larger than the staterooms in the same category up forward. Won't know until we get in there to take a peak.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33381553&postcount=5

Good eye -yes it is 6019.

I looked at these PDF deck plans and zoomed in 2400%, then measured the room sizes. I know this is not scientific and these plans claim to be not to scale, but here is what I measured:

Rooms 3112 thru 3144 are 18% larger or 201 sg ft, assuming the other OV on the deck 3 are 170 sq ft.

Just for fun, on deck 6, handicapped OV room 6014, estimated to be 370 sq ft.

We now just need pictures and a review of these cabins.

Good eye -yes it is 6019.

I looked at these PDF deck plans and zoomed in 2400%, then measured the room sizes. I know this is not scientific and these plans claim to be not to scale, but here is what I measured:

Rooms 3112 thru 3144 are 18% larger or 201 sg ft, assuming the other OV on the deck 3 are 170 sq ft.

Just for fun, on deck 6, handicapped OV room 6014, estimated to be 370 sq ft.

We now just need pictures and a review of these cabins.

I'll bring a tape measure with me on the 27th. :)

Does anyone have pictures of one of the newly added OV cabins (3112 thru 3144) on either the newly refurbished Infinity or Summit?

Funny, the way your thread was worded, I thought you had over 3 thousand pictures of the Summit. Now that would be an impressive amount! :D

We got off Infinity last month and had a chance to peek at the new rooms, those windows are huge! We liked it so much, we chose 3114 for our 30 day B2B in September. The future cruise manager couldn't give specifics like increased cabin size, though, she just said the window was bigger and the cabins were sparkling new. It's a nice surprise to see they are actually bigger cabins, every sq. foot helps! We also liked that the rooms are located in that secret corridor, it was very quiet there. We can't wait til September!

We got off Infinity last month and had a chance to peek at the new rooms, those windows are huge! We liked it so much, we chose 3114 for our 30 day B2B in September. The future cruise manager couldn't give specifics like increased cabin size, though, she just said the window was bigger and the cabins were sparkling new. It's a nice surprise to see they are actually bigger cabins, every sq. foot helps! We also liked that the rooms are located in that secret corridor, it was very quiet there. We can't wait til September!

Awesome thanks for the info. So would you say the windows are the same size as the ones someone else attached in this thread?

I booked one of these rooms for my grandmother because I had heard they had the huge windows and were slightly bigger.:)

Awesome thanks for the info. So would you say the windows are the same size as the ones someone else attached in this thread?

I booked one of these rooms for my grandmother because I had heard they had the huge windows and were slightly bigger.:)

Yes, those are the same big windows in that picture. These rooms had originally been meeting rooms for the Millennium class ships and the solsticization refurbishment had these converted to new oceanview cabins. The picture shown is before the refurb. when it was still a meeting room. I think your grandmom will love it.

Yes, those are the same big windows in that picture. These rooms had originally been meeting rooms for the Millennium class ships and the solsticization refurbishment had these converted to new oceanview cabins. The picture shown is before the refurb. when it was still a meeting room. I think your grandmom will love it.

Great! Thanks so much :)

We just got off Infinity and walked down that hall a few times to get to the guest relations, if you take the aft elevator. I like the idea that they were secluded by doors on each end. Not sure if the door closing would be a noise problem for 3112. Now my problem is wanting to know the configuration of each. We were located one deck down on 2. I loved sitting on the couch/settee by the large round window and watching the ocean go by. Other OV rooms we had seen had the bed headboard under the window. So if anyone reading this has been in any of these rooms, please post where the bed is. Thanks

We just got off Infinity and walked down that hall a few times to get to the guest relations, if you take the aft elevator. I like the idea that they were secluded by doors on each end. Not sure if the door closing would be a noise problem for 3112. Now my problem is wanting to know the configuration of each. We were located one deck down on 2. I loved sitting on the couch/settee by the large round window and watching the ocean go by. Other OV rooms we had seen had the bed headboard under the window. So if anyone reading this has been in any of these rooms, please post where the bed is. Thanks

Here is a video of Infinity. At the 1.52 minute mark there is an Oceanview stateroom. With the big window, it looks like it could be one of the new deck 3 reburbs. Bed is against the right bulkhead. Looks like it is larger than the normal oceanview.

We will be in 3112. My concern is the ladies powder room next door. I hope we don't hear toilets flushing all evening. :eek:

Sorry if this a dumb question, but would all M class ships have this same hidden jewel of a room or ONLY the Summit?

That window is pretty darn amazing!!!!:)

I think once all the M-Class are fully Solstized with adding the Deck 11 AQ staterooms, they would have the added Oceanviews in place of the conference rooms.

Sorry if this a dumb question, but would all M class ships have this same hidden jewel of a room or ONLY the Summit?

That window is pretty darn amazing!!!!:)

By is time next May all four will have them. I have one booked for JUly 2013 on the Connie which won't get them until the end of April 2013.

JasYHZ

Is this the picture by any chance?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638723905879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

Looks about right. The window is a lot larger than a stndard outside cbin. The question now is do the new cabins have shower curtain like the rest of the outside rooms or did they install the glass bubble closing shower doors.

Looks about right. The window is a lot larger than a stndard outside cbin. The question now is do the new cabins have shower curtain like the rest of the outside rooms or did they install the glass bubble closing shower doors.

Well, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when we get back. I'm surprised we haven't heard from anyone who has been in these cabins.

When you go this this facebook photo, click on the "Back to Album" link under the Celebrity Summit title. If you find the photo shown in the album, there are 3 other photos of the room right around it.

Is this Celebrity's facebook page?