NCL Breakaway - Jan 5 2014 - 12 day NYC RT (Southern Carribb)

sjbdtz

• 1 year later...
San Juan PR, St Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts.

Into / out-of NYC.

12 day escape from Canadian winter...priceless.

We are going on the Breakaway January 5, 2014....it is a ways away but looking forward to it.

Kevin and Ed

• 4 months later...
There has been A LOT of reviews complaining about the over crowding problem on this ship. I believe this is the first sailing with the new extended itinerary. Is anyone else nervous about these bad reviews? (Specifically the overcrowding.)

Having been on the ship, to Bermuda.... no. Not concerned in the least.

The main issues they had with overcrowding were that the start/end times of various shows wound-up congregating too many people in one section of the ship, at a time.

So they're re-staggering the show times, and working on distributing people throughout the ship more equally.

Stephen

• 1 month later...

As noted on the other post for this cruise and date, partner and I are booked and looking forward to meeting you all on this cruise.

We were from on the Jewel in April and on the Gem shortly after she made her debut. The timing is right and this should be a great escape from January in NYC.

Edited by chelseaguy

As noted on the other post for this cruise and date, partner and I are booked and looking forward to meeting you all on this cruise.

We were from on the Jewel in April and on the Gem shortly after she made her debut. The timing is right and this should be a great escape from January in NYC.

Welcome! I'm only here infrequently, but it will be great to meet you onboard.

Stephen

This does look to be a nice sailing. We are sailing on the Breakaway next month too. Welcome all. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I have read some balanced reviews lately rather than the negative ones. So, I think we will be in for a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This does look to be a nice sailing. We are sailing on the Breakaway next month too. Welcome all. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I have read some balanced reviews lately rather than the negative ones. So, I think we will be in for a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The initial reviews were somewhat depressing to the point we considered shifting to RCL. We did their Caribbean cruise in January --9 days but 2014's go to all the same ports. We've been to the Caribbean so often that ports don't matter that much. 12 days--with six sea days...love those sea days. We've also met some great guys on NCL with whom we have become good friends. So whatever it is I am sure--well almost--all will be fine.

We look forward to meeting you in January.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bill ~ Just noticed when I was looking over the roll calls that you were the final poster on this thread...thought I'd pop in and say *Hi*...hope you and Fred enjoy your winter getaway. We've switched from the Caribbean to doing the North Atlantic in January :eek:!! We'll be going over to Southampton on Jan. 3 on the QM2, arriving on Jan. 10 and switching to the Queen Elizabeth to return to NYC. We did the same thing last January, returning to NYC on the Queen Victoria, and know a lot of others who do this same thing...the WCC...Winter Crossing Club. Since you like sea days, maybe try this next year? All we have are sea days...the ships are the destination!