Where Are You Crusing To In 2014?

cruzeluver

We are booked on the 14-day Canaries & Azores cruise on the Eclipse in Sept too. We managed to get the second-last S1 sky suite - amazed at how heavily booked this cruise is!

We are doing that itinerary this year in Oct. I think they only have a couple of departures each year and, as the Canaries are a very popular year-round destination with UK travellers, it's not surprisingly it's popular.

Next year we are back with Princess. In Feb - Crown 7 nights to Aruba/Curacao followed by Royal the next week to St Thomas/St Maarten from FLL. Can't wait. :)

My partner and I of 10 1/2 years got married this past weekend. We have three children 2,4,6 and are cruising on the Disney Fantasy for Halloween next year! Disney does an amazing job on and off the ship for Halloween! Last year we spent Halloween in the park and it was so much fun! Can't wait to experience it on the ship! We hear there are new things in store!

Kathy

My partner and I have been booked on the NCL Star Baltics cruise for a year now, and the excitement is becoming unbearable. Admittidly, there is a bit of hesitation, due to the new anti-gay laws in Russia, but figured what the hell. :D

D & B

My partner and I have been booked on the NCL Star Baltics cruise for a year now, and the excitement is becoming unbearable. Admittidly, there is a bit of hesitation, due to the new anti-gay laws in Russia, but figured what the hell. :D

D & B

My partner and I are in the exact same boat. We are booked on Celebrity's Black Sea cruise next year, with an overnight call at Sochi, Russia. We were hesitant to support Russia's backwards government, but life's short and we want to get out there and explore.

Michael

My partner and I are in the exact same boat. We are booked on Celebrity's Black Sea cruise next year, with an overnight call at Sochi, Russia. We were hesitant to support Russia's backwards government, but life's short and we want to get out there and explore.

Michael

I can't believe I just read that. If you had said you were going just so you could show Russia how ordinary it is to be gay I would have been less disappointed. This type of action by a "developed" nation should be condemned and isolated as much as possible. Complicity and ambivalence will only lead to it spreading. But I do hope you have a great cruise. And, if you can, wear your pride openly.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Partner and I just booked 12 days on Breakaway leaving NYC on January 5.

We look forward to meeting some old and new friends.

Hi Chelseaguy ;);) .... I'm happy to see you booked the cruise but I still think you need to anesthetize your other half and get him on a plane!! :D

We're taking a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise in April on the Emerald Princess out of Fort Lauderdale to celebrate Anthony's big 6-0.

Next will be an 11 day Black Sea / Crimean Coast cruise on the Ocean Princess in October. This will be our first time on a small ship (680 pax).

I can't believe I just read that. If you had said you were going just so you could show Russia how ordinary it is to be gay I would have been less disappointed. This type of action by a "developed" nation should be condemned and isolated as much as possible. Complicity and ambivalence will only lead to it spreading. But I do hope you have a great cruise. And, if you can, wear your pride openly.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Respectfully,

When I first commented about the Baltic Cruise, to which TxnAquarian responded, I had no intention of creating an opportunity for anyone to be disapointed. My fiance and I have spoken in depth about our concerns about our upcoming cruise. While it is disparaging to hear of the Russian government's treatment of the GLBT community, to completely boycott would mean that we call to arms a boycott of more than just Russian ports; as Russia is merely the most public these days. However, when I took it upon myself to research the boards, I found that quite a few members of the GLBT community choose to visit a number of countries with anti-gay laws. One might say that Russia stands out because of it's anti display laws, but in all reality that is not the case either:

Barbados: (Life sentence)

Antigua and Barbuda: (15 years in prison)

Dominica: (10 years in prison)

Grenada: (Male: illegal and 10 year prison sentence. Female: legal)

Jamaica: (Male: illegal and 10 year sentence to hard labor. Female: legal)

Saint Kitts and Nevis: (Male: illegal and 10 year sentence. Female: legal)

Saint Lucia: (Male: illegal and a fine and/or 10 year sentence. Female: legal)

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: (Fine and/or 10 years)

Trinidad and Tobago: (25 years prison sentence);

to name a few. I won't even go into the horrific way that the GLBT community is treated in Africa, and yet I still have an African Safari on my bucket list.

That said, to TxnAquarian, I apologize that a conversation started by me may have inadvertently led negative reactions of others; as this was truly not my intention.

Sincerely,

Dennis

That said, to TxnAquarian, I apologize that a conversation started by me may have inadvertently led negative reactions of others; as this was truly not my intention.

Sincerely,

Dennis

Dennis, no apologies are necessary! My partner and I had a very similar discussion, as we've been to (and spent quite a bit of money in) places like China, Jamaica, etc. that not only have appalling laws & records of treatment towards gays, but also HIV positive people. This is a discussion that I think is important to have. But we have no intention of avoiding places in the world to make a political statement. It reminds me of when Crystal and Silversea both visited ports in Iran a couple of years ago - those boards were on fire with outraged people. And I respected those who chose to go, as much as the ones who didn't. I value anyone's reasoning for choosing to do something or not to do something. Life goes by quickly, and we intend to see as much of the world as time and money will permit.

Michael

Partner and I will be doing the xmas/new years cruise on Star Princess, leaving San Fran Dec 2014...Can't wait...will be in top hats and tails for new years eve!!! Big suite,,,party before the count down!!! Can't think of a better way to spend the holidays!! Let the party begin..will be showing Poseidon on the DVD player on the big screen tv in our cabin, and flying the white star line flag on the balcony as well...TRY to ROLL US!

I'm heading to the Western Caribbean in April, 2014! I'm super excited. It will be my 2nd cruise. My mother and I did a 10 day Inside Passage cruise last year out of San Francisco. I really look forward to this cruise. I usually run into a few "family" members. Anyone booked this cruise yet?

DDP and I are planning on going (but not booked yet) on the Norwegian Star's once a year 14-day cruise out of Copenhagen, visiting Norway, the Shetland Islands, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Glasgow, and Dublin, from Sept 22 to Oct 6, 2014.

Big celebrations in 2014: I turn 50, he turns 40, and we celebrate our 15th anniversary (of being together--no wedding yet).

--Michael

My wife and I just got married in Minnesota on August 1st (the first day gay marriage was legal in MN) and booked our "honeymoon" cruise for the Western Caribbean on Carnival Legend for March 16th, 2014. Can't wait! This will be my 2nd cruise ever. :)